Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Thanks Pamela, my neighbor also told me that prednisone gave her a voracious appetite for many things, food among them! She swears that is when she became an alcoholic!! I have no alcohol craving....just food, and lots of it!

Got the things I need to make Kinseys star mask. Mom dropped the things by and I swear the piece of elastic they brought with it---looks like it is OLD and used, I keep imagining it coming out of someones pants-----I bought new elastic to make hers. Good grief there are only half a dozen kids, if they would have told me, I would have bought them a package of decent elastic...give me a break!

Saturday night, we had to go in and buy some more bricks for Rick's woodstove in the shop, and after that we drove through the luminaria display at the college, it was so pretty! They had a lot less than in previous years, but it was still impressive. This year they only had 30,000 luminarias when in the past it was over 50,000.

No need to worry over the sun here today Pamela, it is overcast and gray, and rainy! I keep thinking it will turn to snow, but not yet.

I ask Rick what he wanted for dinner....he paused a half second and said Chili dogs. What??!! He said one of the guys come back at lunch from Sonic and had one and it looked great. Definitely not something I would have thought of to have, and not on my list of things I would have wanted, but hey it is easy, quick....and I have all the makings!! So guess we will go that route!

I have to go out and bag potatoes here in a minute. I forgot I had ordered potatoes from these kids. They go out to NAPI (Navajo Agriculture Products Industry) and get truck loads of potatoes and sell them. I buy them usually before Thanksgiving, because I always have so much family to cook for---til this year!! So I buy a BIG bunch and just divide it up among the family. So I have 100 pounds of red potatoes in my garage! That cost me a whopping $12.00!! I break them down into bags and give them out! To go to my local Safeway to buy a 10 pound bag of red potatoes (which is what DH prefers) costs $6.00! Wonder what people would think if I wrapped them up with a bow?? LOL ok, no potatoes for gifts!!!

Well I have tried for 3 hours literally to get this posted, and everytime, someone comes in or calls, and when I walk back by I see my half finished post! So here it comes!!

Kat

LOL!!!! Thats a lot of potatoes!!!!! So sayeth the bandster who is on DAY ONE Of LC!!!! LOL!!!

Hey so, my mom and my sister are telling me that they can tell that I'm on happy pills....... my sister actually CALLED me today to tell me that I'm annoying her by not sending dramatic emails all the time! LOL.. she wanted to know what the hell was going on! It was my mom telling me that it was the same time I started selexa.... LOL.. she said she can tell ... that I'm not letting the little stuff get to me anymore! I started laughing... but I guess thats good right?

I am in my room. I made it through the graizing gaze just now in the kitchen...... I did not stop by the pails of fudge or Peanut Butter balls...... I threw away last nights pizza leftovers...... I did not touch the spoon of scalloped potatoes on the stove.. that was begging for a taste...... I MADE IT THROUGH DAY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! success......... (except for my drinkeepoo) LC but could cause a stall I guess......... but I made it through day ONE! 189 can kiss my everloving ass!

Oh.. and thanks JUDY and TRacy.. I got cards today! :wink_smile:

I love my violets.......

oh and the bit of bad news.......... Charles and Cody's Colorado scout trip got moved to 3rd session, so now i'm going to have to broach the subject... but AFTER I come home from FL alone.... in March! LOL

I know I've been a bad violet........ such a head case at times............ I am so damn pissed at myself for this regain..... TracyK is on my shoulder slapping me with the I TOLD YOU SO's!!!!! in her sweet southern drawl... but so OK.. this is my pattern of self sabotage......

I ate the damn pizza and had a freaking orgasm with being ABLE to eat it!!!!!!!!!! Does this condemn me for the rest of my life.... NO.. it means that I have to get the fire that my mom is now having..... as a pre-bandster......... can you believe she is LECTURING ME on what I'm doing wrong!!!!!!!!! Her doc this her doc that! I'm biting my lip because she is right and I don'twant to rain on her 1st year parade.......... ya know........

I'm rambling........... the no food and the two drinkeepoo's are having me ramble..... Gnight

Stop.. why stop a good ramble??????????

Robby's meds have been upped by 10mg.. but he still had a meltdown today..... at the very end of the day.....

I gave him the higher dose on Saturday so I could see what it did, and it did greatly mellow him out......but man the down time was more evident too.. it's like a switch of hyperness turns on....... the guilt.... but he is able to focus more....... but still the guilt...... ok...... I'm going to sign off for the night before you all get so bored you fall over on your keyboard........ :wink_smile:

silly tracy, please tell me what happy pills you are on, i need them desperately!

man, your mom is so lucky! I remember being a new bandster and just watching the scale move every single mother loving day. i was in heaven....

drama drama drama drama in my family. seriously so much drama. and it all gets to me, i'm so emotional and so sensitive with it all... moving on now...

last night was our company Christmas party. It was so much fun! I was only able to eat a few bites of chicken marsala and I only had one rum and coke. NO CAKE FOR ME!! yay yay... I'm doing really good on limiting my sugar intake. Haven't been able to be completely off... I only did that for about two days but ever since then I've only allowed myself one treat per day and so far I'm doing good...

Got my tree up and my lights up and my house is finally CLEAN. Oh my gosh this feeling is wonderful. I am able to sit down with a cup of coffee and surf the web for awhile without feeling guilty because my house is dusty or I have a pile of laundry to do... We worked so hard this weekend to get the house in shape. Hopefully this lasts more than two days!

Ima go check on my soup... be right back

Hello, I am back.

Nothing in the colonoscopy, but the endoscopy showed that I had a hiatal hernia, and he biopsied some sites for barrets esophagus. Nothing is major either way. It really was a piece of cake. I really wanted to drink really bad, and of course my 2:00 appointment time was moved to almost three, but I am back. Now I am going to see what I can eat!!

Isn't there something about not having a band if you have a hiatal hernia? That is my one thing I am worried about.

Jane

HI HAPPY TRACY - I'm sitting here having a drinkypoo with you

went to Target to get a plaid skirt for this weekend.... and besides they didn' have one in my size (I got a black wool lined one) I actually fit ino a size 14... I know lots of you gals are in a 10, but i'm so stinking happy i can't stand myself. I've been fighting the inbetween size for months and the skirt fit perfect without tights. I got a cute red tank type thing and i'm going to wear a black sweater with it.

I am so glad going down, althought i'm hungry, i went to get a bite to eat with dd and i ordered a chicken cesar salad and had 3 bites and cannot eat any more -

I'll stick to Soup, but trying to get Protein of some kind

I hope you all have a great night, i'm going to relax and go to bed, i have to get up early tomorrow for work, so much to do so i can leave Friday

LOL -- picking my dog up is not an option!! Wish it was! Did you know that pit bulls are illegal in France?...and probably elsewhere...but Heaven forbid, not in Texas! Actually we haven't had any problems with pit bulls at the park, thankfully.

I have a pitbull and she's one of the best dogs I've ever had. She is very even tempered, she's never bit anyone, she barks at the fence, but never has she shown any aggression towards anyone who comes into our home invited, she gets along well with the cats and other dogs once we've introduced her. Heck at our last house this little dog, well medium sized dog, Frankie, broke through our fence and when we came home they were playing ball in the back yard! She's such a great dog, so sweet. I just love her to death...it saddens me that because of the incidents that happen with pitbulls that they all get a bad name. There are aggressive dogs in every breed...it's just that people tend to fight and make pits more aggressive and because they are so powerful, they can do so much more damage.

When I was 5 months pregnant with my first daughter, I was attacked by 2 german shephards. Then my neighbor's 3 yr old was almost blinded by an attack by a chihuahua.

Anyway, just my 2 cents everytime I see anyone talk about pitbulls...I'll shut up now! :angry_smile:

Denise - I trust everything is OK with your daughter's pregnancy? I didn't see an update.

Tracy - Celexa, huh?? Is that what you're taking? Good for you!!! Feels so nice not to be all strung out all the time, doesn't it??

Janie - glad all went well today. If you have a hernia, I'm surprised that you're not having some issues with that!? Yeah, I would think the docs would want to repair it pronto since you have a band.

Gotta go night-night. It's WAY past my bedtime!

Manana!