Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Jane, I had a haital hernia repaired during my band surgery, and a few months later it herniated again. My surgeon told me as long as I was not having issues we could not control, by raising my head at night, and OTC medication , we would not attempt to correct it. However, both of my parents have haital hernias, and my Mom has had surgery for hers twice, only to have it happen again. I guess we have weak diaphram areas!!!

If I pay attention to how late I eat, sleep on my 8" wedge pillow, and take Prilosec OTC---I have no issues whatsoever. If I do not take the meds, and roll off of my wedge (which I tend to ditch in the night!)---I will occasionally reflux----but not always.

Denise, we too had pits for years. Rick raised his from a pup, and she had 2 litters of pups. You could drag her around by her ears---or at least the kids tried! She did not seem to have an aggressive bone in her body. She was gentle as far as us handling her pups, and was fine with other animals. Both litters of pups were sired by our friend in Californias dog. Around here tho---in redneck country---there are some REALLY seriously mean dogs! And the gang bangers want them that way, they innerbreed these poor dogs til they are crazy and then they feed them all kinds of things that I am surprised does not kill them---gun powder and all--totally serious! They go out of their way to breed and make and train these dogs to be mean. And the dogs of choice are pit bulls and rottweillers. Making their names worse, through no real fault of the dog. The biting-est dog I have ever been around was a poodle owned by my Mom!!! The difference was he was a whole 7-8 pounds, and his bite is a lot different than that of a pit bull. Same as a Doberman, the way their teeth are, is different, they can cause a lot of damage with one single bite. And getting them to release that bite is sometimes the hardest part.

Back in the day when Rick got the Mama dog, he was in his early 20's and he was going to make big bucks selling dogs!!! He even named and registered the poor thing as PayRoll! She was such a sweetie. Needless to say we did not get rich financially, but we did love her! Finally had to have her put down when she was 16 years old. She was not the smartest dog we ever owned, was quite likely the most stubborn!! We also kept and raised one of her pups, we named her Carbon Copy, because she looked EXACTLY like PayRoll. A horrible neighbor posisoned her.

TracyKS----heaven forbid you be silly!!! None of us have ever seen you be silly before. Well unless you want to count that evening in the pool....or that time on the porch....or the other one in the kitchen....but only then!!!

Our rain is supposed to turn to snow overnight. One of Rick's guys already called saying he was going to be late, there was 3" of snow on the ground. So???? There are 2 others that live out on the reservation where he does, but he is not coming in until later he said. And there is nothing Rick can do about it.

The guy who tried to kill his wife, wants Rick to come visit him in jail! He is freaking out, he has never went to the jail to see anyone before!

Got my cards almost done---I am only getting 5-10 minutes at a time to stuff them in envelopes! Ineed to go buy stamps, and print some return labels and I will be done with them. Then a few more gifts to hunt up, and I can wrap it up and be done!

Well I am off to bed. See y'all in the morning!

Kat

Morning gals

just wanted to check in, it is freezing here, January temps so I have to leave a little early to let my car warm up and a bunch of other crapola to make it on time.

Hope you all have a great day and Thanks Laura...

I'm even happier this am because it is an easy 14 and woke up and it is that time of month... that is almost unheard of... and i'm down another lb and i tried to eat yesterday.... yea... finally, even if it is being sick that got me back on track.

Hey girlies...

I'm off to my general doc's today & she's not going to be happy because I haven't lost anything since the last time I saw her 3 months ago... oh well... at least I haven't gained! I'm going to tell her about my hip, too, even tho it's not bothering me today... but when it does... owie!

I did something fun & spontaneous & so not like the usual "me" yesterday -- especially for a Monday! -- & I liked it! Every other week I meet my one friend for coffee & a talk (the one whose hubby left her a year ago on her b'day)... anywho... she couldn't meet this week because she's helping out at this place but she said Mondays were really dead so could I come & hang out w/her there? So I did! "WHERE?" you ask? -- This adorable, quaint little vineyard in the Virginia hill country! She's covering while the regular tasting room manager is on vaca. So we sat by the roaring fire, tasted a bunch of wines, nibbled on warm crusty french bread & cheese, and talked & talked! Now THAT is what I call a GOOD MONDAY! And I felt only a little guilty about not staying home & doing my chores. But y'know what? They're all still here, so I can get to them today!

The kids & I are going to go to the Y after school today & work out! Now that soccer is over, and the musical is over, we have many more of our afternoons & evenings to ourselves now through the end of Feb, so that's what we want to do with them!

What else? Oh yeah -- Janie! When I was going through the pre-op exams to get the band, after my first endoscopy the results came back that I had that barrett's esophagus thing and the surgeon said that I couldn't get the band if I in fact had it. So he re-did the exam the very next day, put a stat on the results, & they came back negative, thank goodness. It's a thing where the stomach cells grow up into the esophagus. I don't know what happens if you get it AFTER you have the band. But my surgeon also said that it's an easy misdiagnosis if any stomach cells accidently are brought up into the esophagus during the test, so I'd recommend a second test if that's what they say you have.

Wow I'm chatty this morning!

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Terri - my daughter did miscarry....it saddens me because even though I didn't want her to be pregnant, she really was happy and was trying to do the right thing and take care of herself for once....I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason... :angry_smile:

Denise: Sorry about the miscarry! Also, I love pitty's and rotties, its the owners not the dog. Dog temperments vary in each dog..... just like people....

My back is finally feeling a bit better.

scale back down to 184.4 today...... see this is how crazy my body fluctuates!!!! NUTS

Day two of LC.........

Terry I love that new pic, but I already told you that... and I need to order something from you to send on to my secret sister in CA (She is into the earth based elements) Thinking dangly earrings or something..... I don't know

Hey Ladies~

Denise, I am so sorry to hear about your DD. Enjoy the many blessings you have this year...Christmas will be very special w/ the boys. Drive DD to get birth control! God Bless Sweetie~

Back from the gym again. Sus didn't go w/ me and I still was there @5am! Yea Me! Came home, made coffee and dunked a damn cookie into it! LOL...I am in "maintaining" mode...only maintaining @ 250!

Tracy...welcome back...we missed you and want to hear about it!

xoxoxo

Good Morning, Violets..

Same story, different day. We had snow last night and are under a winter storm warning til tomorrow morning. Supposed to get 4-6 more inches today. All the schools in the area are closed again today. I decided to postpone my hospital shift til Thursday or Friday. I do have a PMS luncheon today and will probably be able to get there. Then I have to go to the mall to get some picture mugs made for the ladies in my flute quartet. I'm supposed to have singing rehearsal tonight, but I'm guessing that will be cancelled. We have too many of the group coming in from out of town and the roads are not that good.

TracyK... welcome home!! We've missed you!!!

TracyinKS...keep up the good work on the LC eating!! And glad the happy pills are working for you. Looks like the doc has some regulating to do on Robby's meds, but at least you're seeing an improvement. So glad you took the bull by the horns on that one.

Denise.. sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Sad, but now she can focus everything on staying well for the baby she has been blessed with.

PamELa.. congrats on the gym workouts!!! YOu keep doing that and making good food choices and you will be dropping pounds again, or at least feeling better about yourself, you sexy, beautiful thang!!

Michelle.. sounds like a great Monday for you. Hope all goes well at the doc. We go next Monday and I haven't lost anything and kept it off since April. But I only have myself to blame! I have the post that Terry directed us to posted on my fridge. It's a reminder to FOLLOW THE RULES! I don't have Ethan today and no meetings this afternoon, so that will be exercise time.

Jenn...snow is on the way for you, I'm afraid. Oh, and just so you know, the size 10 pants I wear are total elastic waistband. No way could I fit into size 10 zip up pants. I'm still in 14 and 16 and sometimes even 16W with those.

I'm off to fix an egg for Breakfast. Everyone have a good day and make wise choices. Lots of temptations this time of year. We have to exert purple power big time!!

Good Morning

Snow is on it's way here. Right now the winds are howling and it's 32 degrees. Snow is supposed to start around noon and I have to go into work at 3pm. Lucky Me.

Denise, so sorry to hear about your duaghter. Hopefully this will let her know that she needs to turn things around.

One of the reasons I had to pick doggie up is because weather it was a pitt bull or a poodle, doggie thinks he at those moment is a 90 pound german shepard. He will take on anything, he goes into that protective mode. He doesn't want anyone or anything coming near his property. It cracks me up to see sucha little thing act like he is huge.

Not much else going on today, Just need to keep a eye on the weather.

Have a great day.

Here's how deep the snow is right now. It's still snowing and we're supposed to get up to 6 more inches today. Northern Michigan, anyone?????

post-215048-1381313793671_thumb.jpg

Good morning.

Susie or Tracyks anything on a wine store?

I am not feeling so hot this morning. Went to my meeting this morning and came home and threw up. I think/hope it is nothing!! Going to lay down for a bit and then go to work!

Jane

WOW judy. Just WOW...

It's a very humid 76 degrees here right now... I'm wearing capris and flip flops since I am working in the warehouse today doing inventory audit.

My pot of Soup didn't turn out so good last night. I'm not really sure what I did different this time. I was making chicken soup and the broth didn't taste like anything! I put tons of veggies in it, simmered for about an hour. Nothing. Juan only ate it because he was starving. He put jalapeno vinegar in it to make it taste better. EWWWWW.

Jenn - a perfect fitting size 14! Wow, that's my next goal here. I've been in these 18's for awhile now... I can fit into 16's but only if I don't want to breathe...

Michelle - your Monday sounds just lovely. Seriously, the house and the chores and everything else that needs to be done will always be there waiting for you to come back. I say enjoy your time without feeling any guilt. This is from one guilt laden sister to another, LOL...

Pammy - you are one strong cookie! 5am workouts! Eeekkk... How do you do it sister?? What time do you go to bed usually to be able to get up so early?

Laura - so since the baby is not letting you sleep does that mean that you feel it kicking all the time now??

TracyK - seriously, tell me what you're on woman! I'm going to my GP next week and I want to talk to him about my emotionaliness... is that a word?

No I don't feel the baby kicking, my belly is just heavy and uncomfortable, and when I change positions I cramp up and it's really hard to get comfortable.

Wow Judy.. you can keep it!!!!

It's 60's today but sure feels a lot colder.

Woke up to a local school being on lock down, a man with a gun was seen near the school. I kept saying I bet it's a hunter.. and sure enough, ends up it was a hunter!

The economy is making collections a pain at work..and I made the mistake of helping our collections lady with some of my accounts because I guilt my customers into getting their payments in.. and now she always comes to me if they don't answer her in 24 hours.

Back to work, just dropping in to see what ya'll are up to!

Haydee: Generic for Celexa.......it's on the Walmart $4.00 LIST........... best .40 I've ever spent!!!!!!

I just called in my refill. :angry_smile:

Jane: IT'S SNOWING AND BLOWING IN KC! Not really sticking yet. They are calling for 1-3 inches.

Laura - i've done that. offered to help and then that person comes to me everytime it needs to be done now. Learned my lesson!

You know, I re-read my post above and had to sit back and think about what I said. I remember being in TIGHT TIGHT size 28 pants and just praying to God to help me just get down to a size 18 because those I could find in regular stores. Here I am now in a size 18 and bitching about it. I've come a long way and I'm not stopping but I seriously need to stop beating myself up about it...