Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

Ok, life is starting to speed up again... I'm like a the little engine that could... "busy busy busy busy"... I'm fine when I keep going, but if I sit down it's the kiss of death!! I'm definitely a physics theorem: an object in motion stays in motion; an object at rest stays at rest! LOL!

I'm back up to 248 again... grrr... I seriously have spent a YEAR now bouncing between 232 & 250... the only time I feel or know I have the band is if I eat a hunk of meat, then I have to chew chew & only eat a bit... but EVERYTHING ELSE can go down... the last 2 or 3 times I've gone to my band doc she's told me I'm maxed out on fill & then chatted about nutrition stuff. Which would be fine -- IF THAT WERE THE PROBLEM! But it's not. I need more fill! + now my doc is self-pay... & I dread going in & paying $200 or whatever for a "chat" about nutrition! DUH! So... I think I'm going to call/email her & see if I can get a referral for a flouro fill & then MAKE those folks do it! Seriously, I would rather be reduced to a few sips of Soup than how I'm living now. I eat well, but just too much; I exercise now where I never did before... I need to band to work just a little bit more for me. Mentally, I'm back where I was 2 years ago... "bargaining" w/myself: "If you do just pro shakes every other day, and then just 1 small meal or lc or salad the other days, then blah blah blah whatever" -- & then I get mad @ myself because that wasn't supposed to be the deal w/the band, it's supposed to be eating NORMALLY, just less, yes?? But it's just a whole fight/can of worms I don't know if I have the time/patience to wage/open right now. Bleh.

Sorry. I've been ranting lately, huh?? Sorry!

Make it a good day!! Keep in motion!! :hurray:

Tracy, I don't use myspace much, but I don't have a friend request from you??

I made the dill salmon recipe again last night, the pieces of salmon I got weren't the best :/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgeWDir404]YouTube - TONYA HARDING SLAMS OBAMA'S "DOING A HARDING / KNEE CAPPING" GREAT VID AND SOUND[/ame]

That is hilarious, our radio show was playing this video clip and talking about it this morning. She thinks Obama had to use her name to get publicity for himself. Yah right. What a dumb bunny. I love how he says "You're a piece of work". Ah hahaha.

Baby shower is Saturday, I'm excited.. I bet this week drags on!! I go to the allergist tomorrow, now I'm suddenly very glad the doc finally recommended this. It's getting worse it seems, and I am so tired of not being able to breathe through my nose without it itching.

Pamela

I just sent it out from my gmail account, I couldn't send it from home, file was too large for my computer.

Let me know if you don't get it, I printed out a copy and will pop it in the mail.

I started it today, I need a fill, I'm starving had toadt, grapefruit, yogurt, 20oz Water and a slim fast already this am and i'm hungry. trying to hold off until 12:30 for my tiny salad, which now is not big enough... ugh

I have to go until April 23rd, i don't know if i can do it. Now that i'm healthy again i'm hungry and can eat!

Aarrgh, I need a fill. I feel like I am a bottomless pit once again. I have also been craving things that are none-to-healthy (peanut butter eggs). Everyday I wake up thinking this day is going to be a “reasonable” day and I somehow get lost by dinnertime. I think what I am lacking is eating things that really fill me up and last for a while. I think I need to start eating a lot more Protein and salads. I have also relaxed on carbs but carbs just make me hungry in a big way. I am working on it :0).

Jennifur, A new deck is better than a small vacation. It will last well into the future and imagine how much time you can enjoy relaxing out there.

Michelle, It is so hard to tell in advance if a person will be offended or appreciate the cleaning. It is so dependent on personality. If it were me, I would feel deeply ashamed that my house was so bad that someone would feel the need to clean it for me . . . but I am a woman as well, so maybe that is normal. I remember the first year I had Thanksgiving at my house, a friend wiped down my refrigerator handles, they were smudged and needed it but somehow I didn’t see it. I must have been 19 or 20 years old and I know I blushed right down to my toes.

It is great that you talked to him about it, because it could be that he is still overwhelmed in his grief and when things get that far out of hand it seems almost impossible to start correcting it. Trash all over the floor is not normal, especially when it takes as much effort to drop it on the floor as to drop it in the trash. I agree with Kat that trash on the floor makes it very likely that sheets aren’t being changed and toilets are growing lots of bacteria. I also agree with Laura on suggesting the housekeeper thing, at least for the time being until he is back on his feet more solidly. It sounds more like disfunction than just a lack of attention to cleaning details. Perhaps part of what he needs is a plan as well . . . two men and a 10 year old could come up with a workable plan to cover certain aspects of keeping the house up. I also think the 10 year old should take part in this weekly working together to get things back inline, even if it is just small tasks.

Kat, you sound like you are feeling so much better in your posts now that Manda is home and life is evening out a little bit. It is great that you can take a little time for yourself as well.

Pam, I went to San Diego in March of last year and it was awesome. I am sooo jealous. I wish I could afford to live there, lol.

Terry, Even if the Mediterranean sounds like a pipe dream, it is definitely truly worth it. I have been in the general area three times in the last three years, even if it wasn’t a cruise, and nothing compares to it. It would be a once in a lifetime experience to remember.

Laura, I haven’t bothered with the birthing classes. I guess since I have been there and done that, and I am not feeling particularly nervous about the whole thing, I might be fine. Perhaps my husband will benefit from them since he has not gone through the experience. Do you feel like you are getting anything worthwhile out of them at all? I hope the trip to the allergist helps, being stuffy and irritated on top of being very pregnant is no joy.

Well we only went to 1/2 of the birthing class. I got some info out of it, the best info I got was just how the hospital I plan to go to runs things (where to go, their routines, what to expect, what the rooms are like, when the baby is born they do x-y-z, etc. etc.).The technical stuff-like stages of labor, and all that medical stuff--I already knew from reading my books. Which is why I don't think I missed out much from not going to day 2.

We are also going to parenting classes, every Thursday night.. I have actually really enjoyed this one, it has taught me stuff OPPOSED to what my mom has told me. It's saying the things that have changed-- like that you don't give babies Water anymore--where my mom told me I had to get bottles because you feed babies water. And not to use Talc powder, and how baby bath tubs are a waste of money, just get a bath sponge they lay on that you can prop up to dry.. and so on. Lot of neat little tricks.. Plus it has taught Russell how to change a diaper (still remains to be seen if he'll actually utilize this!!), how to swaddle, how to dress them.. We got a CPR baby dummy last week that we were sent home with.. they taught us how to do CPR on an infant. We have 3 more weeks of this class. We laugh during this class, so we're both getting something out of it and it's not a 'gross' class LOL.

I also have a breast feeding class next week, it's just 1 day and 2 hours long.

Well is everybody ready for this news tidbit??????

Manda went to work this morning!!! She took her IV stuff with her, and away she went!

One of her guys she works with lost his brother and father in an accident, and she said she has lots to organize for that, and lots of work to catch up. She has a private office, and a note from her Dr. that she is not contagious and is able to work. So life resumes some normalcy....

She has always been this way, it shouldn't surprise me, but it did!!! She come in and was so excited to get back to work, and her ear looks amazing! I am almost afraid to say it, but it is looking like less and less of it will be lost! Soooo happy!

Judy tell the Bobster he is a sweetie, and I appreciate his concern over Manda. It has been a really scary ordeal.

Well I am off to get dressed, (yeah still in jammies) then out to my inlaws to babysit for Connor while DIL goes to the OB, and Rick replaces a fuelpump in her car.

BBL~~

Kat

Well that sounds like good news for Manda!! Glad it's all took a turn for the better :)

Ok here's my belly pic for today. See, I don't look preg, it just looks like I re-inflated the fat rolls--I just can't suck it in anymore. And the 'ladies' have gotten quite a bit bigger.

31w.jpg

Wow Laura!! You really don't look pregnant!! Also Wow because I just watched that Tanya Harding video!!!!! OH My Gosh!!! What a piece of work!!!!!!!! Your website for Carson is tooo cute!!!!!

Well I am off to do some errands, and I know you guys are jealous so hang on, I am also going to the DENTIST!!!!!!! And you thought I wouldn't have any fun today!!!

Woohoo . . . go Manda!!! I think she is going to feel a gazillion times better getting back into life again.

Laura, thanks for sharing the belly pic's. I should post some as well. I don't have a bump as much as it looks like someone took a bicycle pump to my midsection. I also have a bit of a roll as well, lol. I swear it looks more like I have been hanging out on the street corner near the local dunkin donuts more then a baby bump.

Other than my close friends who always say how I am looking nice and pregnant, and my husband who has been trained on the "correct" response to how pregnant I look each day, lol, no one notices I am pregnant at all. I have never had a single person ask me when I was due or any such thing.

Oh yeah, no one knows I'm pregnant unless I tell them. Our bowling league, it's the same people we've bowled with for years every season. When I had surgery and was losing weight, everyone was commenting on it. So occasionally they'll ask me how the band is doing, and I say oh it's been great but now I'm gaining it back with being pregnant! They are shocked, so I guess people just think I'm getting fat again. Mine does look like a tire, more than a baby, which I thought was odd (and discouraging). I also noticed last night (when taking a bath--the nurse said I am allowed to woohoo), my thighs are gaining weight.. which is very odd, since my legs are always the LAST thing to gain weight. But I can definitely tell my thighs are getting big and I closed in the gap that I had between them when I would sit with my knees together :)

I also wanted to say Yay Kat!!!

Also I have never been in the position of having someone help me clean my house. Don't know how I would act!! I have somebody do it occasionally, so she knows how messy I can be....

Baby feeeeever. I just found out my cousin is pregnant. She's the only one old enough to have kids besides me.. she went to Florida with us this year for Xmas with my g'parents, I guess all the baby stuff my g'ma got me got to her :)

What does that make them? Distant cousins??

Good afternoon, Violets.

It's been a quiet day so far. Ethan came at noon and his mother said he had been grounded from the Wii. He's not doing well on the potty training and sharing has become an issue so no Wii here either for a couple of days. He's sleeping on the couch right now so it's not a problem for the time being. We were going to go to Kris's house today for a change of scenery, but since she couldn't come into town yesterday to grocery shop because of all the snow, she came in today. So she came over here and brought us Soup for lunch. I had Harvest grain, vegetable and sausage and bob had White chili. It was yummy.

Rehearsal is cancelled for tonight because of the schools being closed (we practice at the high school). So the bobster and I will be lazy this evening. We need a couple of things from Walmart and will get that after Joe picks up Ethan.

Off to do a load of laundry and wait for the Schwans man.

Baby feeeeever. I just found out my cousin is pregnant. She's the only one old enough to have kids besides me.. she went to Florida with us this year for Xmas with my g'parents, I guess all the baby stuff my g'ma got me got to her :)

What does that make them? Distant cousins??

We just had this discussion Friday night at dinner with Kris. Your child and your cousin's child would be second cousins. Your cousin's child would be your first cousin once removed.

Edited by Teachlady