Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I love you!!!

I am home from the CAT scan on the sinuses and tomorrow, I have my allergy skin test. Glad when this is over. I think I am allergic to ciggy smoke. Dr. says this is common to get this allergy AFTER quitting!

I am tired as a mo fo! It is just past 3:30, and I am in my pjs...gonna have left overs...play scrab and watch the boob tube!

Have a great night!

"I am in my pjs...gonna have left overs...play scrab and watch the boob tube!"

Sounds deeee-lightful, PamELa!! Relax a little for me!! (after working, I have to staple 400 PTA newsletters! :smile: AND fold laundry!)

I am off to dinner at my inlaws.

I too lost a post Judy!!!

I was telling Michelle in the other post that the Meemaw and Granny ARE country...We ARE country!!!

In fact my MIL takes country to the hillbilly level!!!

If you go to Wikipedia, I think her pic is under the Hillbilly heading!!!

She does not say can't....she says cayn't.

She does not cook with oil, she cooks with ole.

She does not have arms, she has orms.

She wears her VERY long naturally gray hair in the age old bun on top of her head every day...EVERY day!

She is losing her teeth, and has not been to a dentist in decades.

She is likely to call anyone and everyone Sugar at some point.

She is eccentric, and hillbilly....and 80+ years old and allowed to be I suppose!!!

Me I am country, and Granny was a "I can if I want" kind of thing, and now I love it.

Your Mom will come to realize it doesn't really matter WHAT they call you as long as they continue to call you something. Any name they give you in those sweet little voices is wonderful!

Well I am off to dinner---BIL is in town. Could be a bit stressful if she chooses to trash talk my son tonight!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Had an AWESOME ride today-Kinsey fell asleep in the saddle!!!

Kat

.......And we know that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Loves us too.

Haydee, you're in the right spot to vent about your weight issue. We've been there done that and we need for you to reach out to us. We love you and wish you nothing but the best.

Home from work. Not to busy tonight, I think the weather played a lot in that. I was absolutely georgous today. Great walking weather, just being outside.

I've had a most excellent eating day. I love it when I do that. Now if I could just get it thru my head that I need to do that everyday.

Tomorrow it's fasting. Oh My.

Back from rehearsal. It went well and the people seemed to enjoy it even if it was only a rehearsal.

Michelle.. nope.. not giving up the trucker talk, just toning it down for your delicate ears. I decided to give up sloth for Lent. That means I have to get my as....... errr butt in gear.

I'm listening to the Pres. and then going to head to bed. Flute rehearsal tomorrow, hair appointment and then choir plus Ethan will be here from noon on. Busy day as usual.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Michelle, after the president's speech- are you feeling stimulated yet???

I did my skin allergy test today!! That is fun Pam hehe. I've never done it before. They wrote 42 numbers on my arms then stuck me 42 times with random crap. So 4,5,6 turned into welts :) 4 and 5 were dust mites--ok, I can work with that.. 6? CATS!! Nooooo. So they said I gotta lock my cats out of the bedroom. They said it's possible this will go away once pregnancy is over.. oh please oh please, my poor cats.. and poor us, they are going to CRY like crazy. Then I had a slight allergic reaction to rye grass, which is apparently in the air--though I've not heard of it.

Nose is itching & burning as I write this.. they also gave me a Rx for some nasal steroid spray that is safe during pregnancy and a chewable anti-histamine Rx-she said is like Benadryl minus the sleepiness. So she gave me enough to take these during pregnancy and we go from there. As for the dust mites (I already self diagnosed this and tried some 'remedies') gotta vacuum and clean the bedroom real well, vaccuum the mattress, wipe the walls, blah blah. Get mattress and pillow covers. Will be a bit of work, but hopefully can contain this so I can sleep through the night for a change.

Haydee, I'm not a doc (DUH) and they're all different, but from experience, if I can eat bread--I'll eat too much!! Right now, I'm eating too much, gaining weight, and my restriction isn't completely gone--I still get stuck and have issues occasionally.. but I know for a fact I can eat too much--and I will. That's why I got the band! That's why you got the band!! Knowing what I know, I know .5cc more is perfect for me.. No bread, no over eating. I would find another doc (again, like I said only going off knowing what I know with my personal fills) that will give you a little bit more fill. Sounds like you're at a place that is the difference between me now (where you are now) and me when I had my sweet spot restriction (pre-pregnancy and better be post-pregnancy).

Going to go play in the nursery, got some presents from people to unwrap!

Haydee and Carson (Laura), I mailed your stuff yesterday! Be on the look out!

Just finished working on Walden...LOL, so much for chillin'!

Terry and Tracy...I miss you! Hope all is well w/ you!

oxoxox

Hi Ya'll! I'm here!! Sorry to have been away. We had our board meeting last week which seemed to go on FOREVER and I was just swamped! Then over the weekend it was here, there and everywhere with kids, dogs, chores, etc. Yesterday at work I was working on our REVISED revised budget...lots of that going on these days...and today I've been working on my own budget and moving funds around in my 401k getting my investments allocated and balanced again. Man, that is painful!

OMG!! Before I forget....all of you who have HBO you must make a point of gathering the entire family around the TV to watch "Taking Chance". We watched it tonight and I was riveted. DH and I cried thru the whole thing and when it was over I said out loud, "Every American should be required to watch this movie."

My sister is borderline Anemic. Is that bad? My mom is freaking out saying that if she doesn't get it under control that it could lead to leukemia?? Is that true?
Uh...... no....anemia does not cause leukemia. That's like saying a cold causes lung cancer. Get an Iron supplement at the pharmacy and she'll be good as new in a couple of days.

Then last night after my pilates class I ran around cleaning my house because my cleaning lady is coming today. I know, I'm a dork but I'm sure everyone does it. .

Yeah, I do that, too! I want my housekeeper to CLEAN not straighten! I need to fire mine but don't have the heart!! She's just not that good! :thumbup:
on another note....

I've been flat-ironing my hair lately. It looks pretty good but it's alot of work! Anyhoo, I've got tons of static. What can I put on it so that it's not staticky? Oh and my ends are horrible. Not really split ends though, just very dry. I love the lenght though and don't want to cut any off. Anything I can soak my ends in to bring them back to life? The rest of my hair is shiny and healthy but the last three inches are like straw. Dry and crackly...

ARE YOU FREAKIN' CRAZY??? You're straightening (and damaging) that BEAUTIFUL hair??? Throw the dang thing away right now!!!!!!!! Aaaaack!! I'm going to come kick your hiney!!

Ok, so I'm so excited to report that my new financial plan is working!! I came in UNDER budget for February and that extra goes straight to debt payments. I have never (in my life) created a budget and stuck to it! I really am amazed at how it's helped me become so much aware of my spending! I recommend it highly! :)

I'm also ready to book my flights to Huntsville! I'm so excited!!!

TRACYINKS -- You ARE still planning to meet up with us, aren't you?? :thumbup:

Got some stuff to before bed....I'll see ya'll tomorrow... I promise!

Haydee, do you spray your hair with something before you flat Iron? It sounds like you need a trim. Anyways hairspray helps with static, there is also a brush by "cricket" that is a static free brush. It is not great, but it is better than nothing. You find more static in the winter with the dry heat from the furnace, but do you even run yours? It is still probably not as humid as the summer. Anyways a good all purpose leave in conditioner is Matrix Instacure. I love it, I have been using it for 20+ years and have found nothing I like more. It comes in a spray, but it really is weightless. It has mainly humectants in it to relieve the dry hair, but it has a little Protein in it to help with the damage. It also works if you are going out in the sun, spray some in and it will eat the instacure out before the sun does damage to your hair. I am pretty sure I have some stuff at work that I am not using that I can send you for when you flat iron. But, get a trim!!!!!!!!!

Terry, I bought the book by Dave Ramsey, so soon I hope to be on the road...........

Okay going to bed.

NIght night!!!

Morning gals

i'm drinking my coffee with ya'll

running late, my stomach is touch and go from pms and the antibiotics... ok i think more the meds but i am done with them so they have to get out of me soon.

Just wanted to say hello, i'll check ini when i'm awake

Haydee, I love redkin products, Wired is what I us on my ends to make them shiney and not frizzzy and beat up when i straighten my hair.< /p>

have a great day

Good Ash Weds, Vi's~~

Another busy day on tap... I'll be here, there & everywhere... cleaning, laundry, working, coffee w/my friend, grocery shopping, taking dkids to activities, the Y, & ending up the day w/a PTA Exec. Bd. meeting here @ the house to go over the budget & forecast out for the rest of the school year. Phew! Just typing it exhausts me!

Suzie... loved your mistype: I was absolutely georgous today. At first I thought, "You go Girl! Love yourself!"... but then it clicked... but I still like to read it that way, anyway. I hope we all get to the point when we'll type sentences like that!!

Terri... That is a major accomplishment w/the budget! I've tried & tried but have never been successful. I admire you for it!!

Judy... I never took you for a slothful person... are you sure it's legal to give up a bad habit that's not a bad habit??

Pam & haydee... "Truly Scrumptious... you too are Truly Scrumptious..." that's my fav CCB song!

Kat... I would love to meet that Granny!! She sounds like the one on "Beverly Hillbillies!" lol!!

Laura... Glad at least your narrowing it down, even tho it's not the best news... the cat one is hard, I know!!

Janie... I knew you'd have the hair answers!!

TracyK... You know that if you had something you wanted to TALK about, there are lots of us here who would answer the phone when you called, right?? Cuz' we love you!!

TracyKS, Jen... Hi!!

Make it a good one sweeties!!

Good Morning, Violets..

I woke up a little early this morning and have been on the computer checking out if we got paid by SS and my pension and it's always nice to see that in there especially when it comes in and I'm not even teaching anymore. wooo hooo. retirement is great! (wow, was that a long sentence or what??!!)

Anyhoo... along with the good news was the Weather Bug chirping again. We have yet another winter storm watch for tomorrow night and Friday with freezing rain and more snow. And Kris due to deliver at any time. Oh well, I delivered my first son in the middle of a snow storm and had to travel 40 miles to the hospital. She'll probably be doing the same.. hopefully in the next day or two.

Flute rehearsal this morning so I better get my slothful butt in gear. Yes, Michelle, I have turned slothful in terms of my exercising. That's what I hope to give up for Lent. I need to concentrate on getting in some exercise each and every day. The eating is under control.. it's just the exercise that's taken a back seat.

Off to have some Breakfast with the Bobster and read the paper before I head out for the day. Make it a good one everyone!!

For Lent I'm giving up Swiss Chard. :)

So Judy's giving up exercise for Lent! :) And I quote:

Yes, Michelle, I have turned slothful in terms of my exercising. That's what I hope to give up for Lent.