Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hi guys

quick check in from work

Pamela - the stuff went in the mail, sorry it is a boring envelope but I wanted to get it out

Laura - I'm 2 1/2 hrs away but if I plan it right i can stay with my cousin who is begging me for over a year to come visit, she is 20 mins outside the city

Tracyk- I didn't get a request but my email was messed up and I just got it back, I sent you a request, to your yahoo email, is that right?

I'm off for a walk, I had a flatbread sand with 2 1/2 slices of roast beef and a little lettuce, today i'm so full, I guess yesterday was the day i could eat anything and everything, which is a couple days before TOM. I still have not figured that out, but a strong onderland this am so i'll take it

hugs everyone

yeah, i went to go get a fill and under flouro. My doctor says I'm pretty tight and that my pouch is not stretched. So I ask her, why am I able to eat a whole sandwich, bread and all? And she just says, why are you eating a whole sandwich? DUH, cuz I can. A slice of turkey with cheese does not satisfy me.

On Friday for dinner I had a baked chicken breast. I caramelized onions and peppers and then added some cheese to it and put that on top of the baked chicken breast. I made steamed veggies on the side. Zucchinni, squash, brocoli and green Beans. I was able to eat a whole breast with some of the topping and a side of veggies and half a bowl of salad. HELLO. WHY? I hear banded folks all the time saying they have so much trouble with chicken. We eat chicken breasts all the time. I buy tons of them when they're on sale and we live off of chicken breasts. I have no problem eating a whole huge breast.

And I know it would be one thing if I only lived off the chicken breasts. Then of course I would be losing weight. But my whole point in pointing that out was that I have no restriction and that's basically the whole point of getting banded. No pizza, no bread, no doughy stuff, right? NOT. So then that's where the barganing with myself comes in. And I've never had self control and I knew that I wasn't going to start once this piece of plastic was put inside of me. Ugh, am I making sense? I feel like I'm just rambling now... just know that i'm frustrated with myself and with my band...

I just remember that at the beginning saying that someday I would get to the point of where I would be eating to live not living to eat. I don't think I will ever be there. I will have to battle this my whole life! I don't think I will ever be non-chalant about food and not have it consume my day.

Yes Haydee, Yes!!

You're describing EXACTLY how I feel mentally/emotionally & how I physically can eat, too!! Anything! Any amount! Any time! I HATE IT!!!

Self-control. pffffffffft! If I had that, I wouldn't have gotten the band!

and i hate hijacking the thread with this. we all have very important stuff going on in our lives and i don't mean to come on here and be petty and complain about something so trivial.

Yes Michelle, unfortunately we'll have to (oh the horrors) work at losing weight, LOL. But I'm glad that I can come on here and commisserate with ya'll...

I really really really wanted it to be a magic cure!! LOL

on another note....

I've been flat-ironing my hair lately. It looks pretty good but it's alot of work! Anyhoo, I've got tons of static. What can I put on it so that it's not staticky? Oh and my ends are horrible. Not really split ends though, just very dry. I love the lenght though and don't want to cut any off. Anything I can soak my ends in to bring them back to life? The rest of my hair is shiny and healthy but the last three inches are like straw. Dry and crackly...

Haydee, that's not hi-jacking the thread... it's what the thread's supposed to be about! Remember, this is a band support site! We've just turned it into an EVERYTHING support site, thank goodness!

Oh, & your hair queries I leave to our resident hair expert, Janie, to answer. I haven't a clue!

Hey girls,

Back from morning meetings. I was SOOOO TIRED today...thinking my thyroid was broken or something. Then about 10:30, I realize (remembered) that I took a muscle relaxer last night because I was cramping...haha....I've been hung over all morning and didn't realize it! I literally could not open my eyes. I feel much better now, snapped out of it about 10:30 when I realized it...what an idiot!

Haydee and Michelle, I loved your chats today. I feel the same way...100%.

OK...where is tracyks and terry been? Who else is missing too!

and i hate hijacking the thread with this. we all have very important stuff going on in our lives and i don't mean to come on here and be petty and complain about something so trivial.

LBT=LapBandTalk :smile: :cursing::tt2:

Well POOP... (see, I'm being nice, Michelle). I had a long post and thought it got on here, but I see it didn't. POOP.

I'll try and recreate the post.

Haydee, we are all here for support and we've all struggled and are still struggling. If you can't come here for support, where the heck (still nice, Michelle) CAN you go?? I'm stuck at 172 again.. and getting ummmm ticked (whew... almost blew it Michelle). But I'll keep on keeping on. The Bobster and I are going to do the 5 day test again March 1st. He said it is easier if we do it together.

I have a roast in the pressure cooker for dinner. I had tuna/soy nuts/oranges for Breakfast and lunch. I bet you knew that. I bought some Atkins Endulge bars and some Peanut Butter cups for a special lo carb, lo sugar treat. I'm trying to add a little variety in hopes it will keep me on track. I really am doing well as far as eating since January 2. My mind is in the right place, I just have to get my body to follow.

As far as what I am called by my grandkids, I'm Gramma and Bob is Grampa. Ethan used to call me Mommom before he could say Gramma and Bob used to be Poppa. Ethan's other Grandmother is called Busha. He doesn't have another Grandfather.

I finished 3 hours at the hospital this morning. I was busy the whole time. Tonight I have a rehearsal at the senior citizen's apartments. They can't often get out to our concerts and asked if we could practice there so some of the people could hear us. I think that's pretty cool.

TracyinKS is hardly in here anymore. Sad, because she's the one that got us all started talking to each other. :smile:

Gotta go peel some potatoes for the bobster. Everyone have a good evening. I'll check in before bed.

Judy, have fun at the senior apartments practising tonight. I'm sure they really appreciate ya'll.

I'm heading out the door too. Gonna get home to a nice scrubbed clean house. I love love love that. Tonight we are going to go see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the theatre downtown. Gotta run home and get dressed and do up my makeup.

Have a wonderful night girlies. Thanks for letting me vent with ya'll!

So Judy... are you practicing giving up your "trucker talk" for Lent? :smile:

Love that movie, Haydee! What fun!!

I made a traditional shrove Tuesday night dinner for the family... bacon, sausage, eggs, & pancakes: plain, banana, AND choc chip -- AND I warmed the real maple syrup! Am I good or am I good? Even better -- I didn't eat any pancakes! -- just a few slices of bacon & a strawberry vanilla yogurt Protein shake! Yay me!

Now I'm back @ the computer working, working, working! If anyone ever needs to know anything about Canadian Arbitral & Labor Relations Law, I'm your gal! :cursing: