Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I'm home! What a day!

Got to the hospital about 9:30 (3.5 hour drive)--talked to Manda while I was attempting to park. Valet was full, parking garage was full, 3 parking lots roped off---security at all entrances, directing. Kinsey and I walked probably half a mile to the hosp....SERIOUSLY! I thought I was going to pee my pants before I got there.

We go in, and in minutes here comes Manda's nurse, saying she had bad news. Since home health was not going to be able to meet with us until late afternoon, since we live so far away, she had to have another dose of one of her meds--it takes 4 hours to drip in! She rushed it to 3.

So finally we leave the hosp. and the directions they gave us to the pharmacy for her infusion drugs were wrong. 3 calls later, we finally get there. The woman tells us, the meds have been pulled, they just need to label them, and it will be about 15 minutes. 45 minutes later, there is this ear splitting (and 4 year old waking) screeching sound.....it is a fire drill for the facility. So all the patients there being infused, and all the employees, and us of course have to leave! So we stand around outside, while half of them smoke---which was the only fire around. And we eventually get the meds, and there are 3 HUGE boxes of them! This is a weeks worth of PART of her meds! She takes 1 bag by gravity drip once a day, and 3 push doses. Which is a syringe that is slowly pushed into the PIC line over a 15 minute period. For each dose...so 4 of them, and then once in the morning and once at night, she has to flush the PIC line with heperin, and then saline (or maybe the other way...I dunno) Anyway EACH of these doses is preloaded into a syringe, and labeled like a Rx. So there are boxes full! They sent an IV pole, a sharps container, boxes of alcohol swabs, boxes of gloves.....TONS of waste!!!!! And then we had to go to Walgreens and get the oral meds!

She will be doing this for minimally 6 weeks!

She has to go back for a 1 day treatment at the local hospital in a month to have her PIC line changed, they are only good for a max of 6 weeks.

Finally got her home, and she is at HER house. But one of her sisters is staying with her, But home health care wanted to set her up where she would be for the infusions....and she does not want to stay here for the next 6 weeks!

She was worn out. Heck I am worn out!

But, the ear is looking better. It actually looked pretty bad today, but it is scaling badly, from the skin being so stretched, now it is peeling off, so I think after her shower it would have looked better.

Kinsey was awake the entire trip! She did not stop singing----she mixed every song she could think of!!!

She had monkeys jumping on the bus all through the town, and E I E I Ooooooooo!!!! Crazy kid!

Son is not staying at home tonight.....is causing some issues with the family. My inlaws are siding with DIL, and making it everyones business when in reality it is none of our business, it is the kids. Rick and I have chosen not to discuss it with anyone (besides each other) unless the kids come to us with it. His Mom was offended by our attitude. So the hell what!

For years DS could do no wrong in their eyes, he waited on them hand and foot, hauled their wood, took care of their garden etc. And now that he is in this position, they decide he is at fault, and are mad as hell at him.

We aren't thrilled with his actions, or timing, but we don't live in that house, and do not know what is going on.....neither do my inlaws!!

He has ask her to go to counseling with him, to a marriage counselor. Her only response was he would go, but he wouldn't listen so why bother......

yep there are lots of problems there!

Tracy, I hope your birthday cake was wonderful!!!

I too know lots about my neighbors, but learn most of it from the woman next door, she is a HUGE snoop!!

Well I am off to bed. I promise to be less self centered! I do not know how to tell you all thank you for the way you have held me up through all of this. And while we are not completely out of the woods, and surgery is yet to come, I feel such hope where I felt dispair before. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. You are all so special to me---I consider myself so lucky to have you in my life.

Night!

Kat

I know it's late in the day, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACYK!!!!

I know that I haven't kept you all updated, but it's been very trying for me....short story, my daughter is in jail on some felony charges, I her boyfriend just got out of jail for beating her up, and I have temporary (6-12 months) custody of their baby through Child Protective Services....It's wore me out basically emotionally, and getting up at 2am with a baby wears me out physically!!! 20 years ago this was nothing, but my old body is tired!!!

I'll tell you all the whole story when I have the energy....

Hope that you're all doing well.

xoxo

Morning gals

going to work today, no throwing up but the new antibiotics are still kicking my butt, everything is going right through me. I've gained 4lbs but i'm going to assume because i'm bloated. i can feel it in my hands and feet. I'm going to take a Water pill today and try to get back to crystal light. Power ade is loaded with sodium and other stuff and that is all i've had to drink.

Hope you all have a good day

Kat - glad you guys finally made it back and Manda was able to come home

Good Morning, I'm up because I have to go cover a shift for a girl.

Denise, I new it was bad but didn't realize it was that bad. Hang in there and take care of yourself. I'm sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Kat, So glad that Manda got to come home, even though it's wasn't to your home. What a day you had, I'd probably been crying by the time I got home. I will still keep all of you in my prayers.

You guys are the best and I can't thank you all enough for the support you each give. It's helped me get thru alot of stuff, even if I haven't told you about it. I find myself think, "What would the Violets do?"

Have a great day and a great big Hug to all of you.

Thanks for all the b-day wishes yesterday....I love ya'll!

DH got a big CC Cookie with buttercream frosting (no sugar, yeah right) and some ice cream. I over did it but today is not my b-day anymore, therefore I can jump back on the bandwagon. He got me a new James Patterson book and a violet color candle :) that makes the house smell wonderful. He also got me a new nightie. Not the sexy 'for him' kind but a comfortable 'for ME' one! I had a great day. Now back to the real world.

Kat-I am so glad Manda is finally home! Not as glad as you all are I am sure! I will continue to pray for all of you.

Laura-all I can say is I hope SOMEONE ends up stimulating Michelle. lol I have no problem in that area BUT a little extra simulation never hurt anyone! :thumbup: :tt2:

In all honesty, I am just hoping positive things start happening soon. I am very worried about all of it.

I wish one of you lived close to me so we could go walking together :smile:

Have a great day....respect the pouch. RESPECT IT!

Good Morning...

Couldn't get on earlier... hmmm... now don't have much time... have to pick up dd & take her BACK to the doctor re: her coughing/sinuses... poor kid's had a rough winter.

Kat! What a story!! But she's home, and the next phase of her healing can begin. You're amazing!

& Denise! You're amazing, too!

We're all amazing, when you come to think about it!! We Vi's ROCK!! each in our own ways, in our own little corners of the world!

Make it a great day, everyone!!

Good morning, Violets..

Boy, it messes up my morning when I can't get on LBT!! Ethan is here and we just finished reading some Nursery Rhymes and now he's drumming on the couch with my big plastic knitting needles. Ah, the creativity of kids!!

Kat.. so glad to hear Manda is home. It's been a long haul and you've all been through so much. I'm just happy the meds and the prayers worked.

Denise.. sorry about your problems with daughter. I know how tired I am after Ethan has been here all day. I can't imagine a little, little one to take care of 24/7. Prayers and purple power to you!

We finished booking our excursions for Hawaii today. We leave in a little over a month. Just have to get that new grandbaby delivered soon so we can enjoy him/her for awhile before we have to leave for a week. Kris has a doctor's appointment today. She is thinking it's going to be closer to March 3. If it's not here by the 4th they will induce. We're going out to dinner with Kris and Nathan tonight.

I had tuna/soy nuts/mandarin orange segments for Breakfast and guess who shared it with me!? Ethan had several spoonfuls of it and loved it. Guess he's been with Grandma too long! lol

TracyK.. what is the name of the new book?? I finished the one Bob got me for Christmas and it was the goriest one of Patterson's that I have ever read. Not my favorite, for sure. And I would LOVE to go walking with a Violet. sighhhhhhhh someone is just going to have to move.

I just sent an email to one of my choir members to ask if he would be interested in sharing responsibilities for the choir so the Bobster and I can go to Florida for a few weeks each winter. We found several pet friendly rental units and want to check them out to see if that's for us. He said he would be interested so I'm excited! I don't have to give up the choir completely and I can still get away with the Bobster when we want to. Kewl!!

Ethan is feeding his peach yogurt drops to the dogs so I better go monitor their intake.

Everyone have a great day!!

Good Morning Dear Friends....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Friendship

Kahlil Gibran

Your friend is your needs answered.

He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

And he is your board and your fireside.

For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace.

When your friend speaks his mind you fear not the "nay" in your own mind, nor do you withhold the "ay."

And when he is silent your heart ceases not to listen to his heart;

For without words, in friendship, all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unacclaimed.

When you part from your friend, you grieve not;

For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.

And let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.

For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth: and only the unprofitable is caught.

And let your best be for your friend.

If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also.

For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill?

Seek him always with hours to live.

For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.

And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.

For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great day!

Terry-that is beautiful!

Judy-It is the new Michael Bennett series called Run For Your Life. I can not wait to start it! Which one did you just read? Was it Against Medical Advice? I haven't read that yet.

Terry,

That was beautiful! I love Kahill Gibran...my favorite is On Love!

Busy day. Met w/ the trainer this morning...kicked my ass (I love it). We are on min day and are free at 11:30! Going to lunch w/ friend from HS, then to my house...then a mojito is in my afternoon plans! It is 75 here today...just beautiful!

oxxoox

TracyK...the book is Cross Country, one of the Alex Cross series.

Terry... Kahlil Gibran's words on marriage were read at our wedding 40 years ago this June. We had a signer because my parents were deaf and when rehearsal was done, the reader didn't turn the page back so during the wedding ceremony the reader finished before the signer did so there was a whole page that was just signed and it was beautiful and moving. I think that's what started us off on this long journey together so well.

That was beautiful, I've never heard of (him?).

I sent out my generic maternity leave e-mail to customers today to prepare them for April.. lot of warm wishes coming back, and ironically one of my customers is taking her maternity leave around then too. Heh!

We have our annual sales meeting today, I'm nervous because they are changing how we get paid..

TracyK...the book is Cross Country, one of the Alex Cross series.

ooooohhh I LOVE the Alex Cross novels. It was gorey? That is weird! I can not wait to read that one :sneaky:

hey...those of you that are on myspace....add me please :sneaky:

I need to get a 'myspace for dummies' book so I can make mine pretty :mad2: