Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

ooooohhh I LOVE the Alex Cross novels. It was gorey? That is weird! I can not wait to read that one :sneaky:

Yup... very gory!! Too much for my taste. But still a good book. It really brings to light the plight in Darfur.

That's funny. I just got home from taking my mile and a half walk when I read what Tracy said about having someone to walk with. Can I send you the dog????? He'as a good walker.

Tracy, I looked for you on "My Space". How are you listed? By your full name? I couldn't find you.

It is almost 11:30 and I am off like a prom dress! Have a loverly Friday afternoon!

Kat...thinking about you!xoox

hehehe.. you're welcome!! I was worried it got lost when you didn't say anything about it yesterday. I mailed it Monday.

Wooo hooooooo yet another winter storm warning for tomorrow!! Supposedly 6+ more inches of snow. We never got that much in the last storm.. just lots of wind and about 3 inches of snow. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

We're off to go out to dinner with Kris and Nathan. Will check back later this evening. Everyone have a good one!!

Tracy

go to myspace and request to be my friend

jstroman, I'll add you

Judy - we are getting your storm on Sunday, I'm ready for spring!

Well I think Manda has her meds under control. Good thing she has the background she does as a nurse! OMG the amount of stuff to keep track of and keep straight.

The Dr. sent a home health care woman to come and help her get things set up and Manda was more with it than the woman by far. To begin with she got off on the wrong foot with Manda! We were all in Manda's room, with her sister, who was trying on a dress that my DIL give her for prom (had to laugh at Pamela's remark...again!) when we hear someone knock on the door and she went maybe 2 steps and the woman just let herself in. She was VERY domineering, and did not like Manda contradicting her on any of the procedures, and made light of her having experience of her own. Manda was telling her that right now the worst part of it all was the narcotic withdrawal--she about chewed her up telling her she should have known that was going to happen, she had just claimed to be a LPN---just being witchy! Manda told her, that yes she did know all the while taking the pain meds that eventually she would have to ditch them, but it was harder than she expected, and she tried to tell her it was not the drug she wanted, or craved, it was the cold sweats, and sleeplessness, and restless legs, and anxiousness that were making her crazy, not a need for the drug. But sure enough this morning the chart in big red letters reads NO NARCOTICS!!! She was pissed! Cancelled the service, said she would contact another home health care service. Then she called the supervisor, it was a mess! But it give her something to fight about I joked!

Otherwise she is doing great. The ear is still really swollen, and red and now scaly, but it IS an improvement none the less!!!

Her sister is going to stay the weekend with her, I was with her through today, so now I get some down time!!!

I looked at the paper and it says we will have a high of 60 on Sunday---I told Rick he better be ready to ride!!! Tomorrow I am saddling up come hell or high water! LOL

Denise, I am so sorry to hear about your DD. I know you have been through many battles with her, and it sounds like it remains a struggle. I am glad you have the baby, even though it is hard, he needs the security of consistency, and you can provide that.

Please know we are always here, and these women are strong!!! You and your family will be in my prayers.

Judy----you watch Grey's Anatomy right?? The stupid nurse showed up right when they showed that Izzy had ended up with the blood mix up---and then I caught a glimpse of Derek wigging out---I need caught up....PLEASE!

Oh, and if I send you an email with a pic of my flowers, and maybe one of her ear, would you size them or post them or sumpin for me????

Jenn---feel better soon!

gotta go bbl~~

Kat

Good evening, Violets..

Back from dinner and settling in before watching Monk and Psych. I had a cup of shrimp chowder.. left the potatoes, and one crab cake. It was not very good and I just ate the soft middle out of it. Kris had steak, salad, bread, fettucine alfredo, and turtle cheesecake for dessert!! Yikes!! She is sooooo huge in the belly, everyone who saw her wanted to rub it.

Our storm is supposed to hit tomorrow morning. The Bobster and I don't have anything planned tomorrow, so we are going to fight the storm by looking at our summer clothes and starting to pack for Hawaii.

Kat.. no, I don't watch Grey's Anatomy. Sorry, can't catch you up!! And yes, send me the pics and I'll be happy to resize them and get them back to you or post them if you want me to.

Good Morning Girls,

I'm up and drinking my hot chocolate. I'll be getting dressed and ready for work here soon. I work till about 2:30 and than come home to get all the baked stuff and take it to church.

Last night my next door neighbor and I went to the local high school to watch her son play basketball. We had so much fun. Kinda reminded me of being a Senior again. It was also great because I ran into my old next door neighbors and at first they didn't recognize me. It was a good feeling.

The last few days my eating has been out of control. Even with me knowing I have to write all of it down for the Doc. I still have eaten horrible. Not that I'm eating alot. More like the quality of the food. High fat and high calorie foods. So today I'm going to try to get back on track. It will be a good day for it because I'm busy all day. That's when I do my best at eating.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in when I can.

Have any of you checked out Twitter.com? They were showing it on TV this morning.

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

Another busy day here at the R household... everyone going every which way at once! I think the Winter "lull" in our schedule is beginning to wane... March begins the Spring sports season + other activities get geared up... March - June will be crazy, which is the usual around here, I guess... hope I rested up enough in Jan/Feb to get through them!! lol!

Make it a great day, Vi's!