Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening again, Violets..

Supper was good. I had talapia again and a sugar free pudding for dessert. Now I'm working on finishing up my Water for the day. I'm so thankful that I have my mojo back. I just hope I don't lose it again. I know sugar is my enemy. We are going out to a Chinese New Year party..invitation only... at a Chinese restaurant in town on Monday. I just hope I can find enough Protein to eat and stay away from the carbs and sweet stuff. The owner of the restaurant gives back to his loyal customers by cooking and serving this meal free of charge. We are going with our friends Kathy and Bill. Kathy had the band in October and she just went for her second fill. She's at 5 cc's in a 10 cc band and isn't feeling restriction yet, but she looks good and it's obvious she's losing weight.

TracyK.. I was reading an article about the importance of exercise and diet and they said that the two of them work well together, but in reality it's more important to eat the right things than to exercise. I haven't done any exercise since starting the 5 day test. I just haven't felt like it with this cold and I'm still losing. Soooooooo when I feel better and can get back to the Wii, it will be interesting if I can lose better. I'm sure happy with the results so far.

I'm going to go cheer the Pistons on and then head to bed. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Good evening, Violets..

Terry.. be careful about closing accounts. That is not a good sign on your credit report. You can pay them off and leave them with a zero balance, but closing them sends up a red flag. Congrats on getting your debt under control. I plan on doing the same thing as soon as I start getting social security.

Yikes! I looked up some answers to that question and you're right, Judy....in most cases. I have a very long history of excellent credit so closing these two accounts shouldn't make much of a dent. Also, I don't plan on applying for any kind of credit or loan ever again, so it shouldn't be a problem in my case. But, in general, you are right...I should have just left them open to keep my good credit score perfectly intact beyond the next 10 years. (It doesn't really send up a red flag, it just eliminates good history from the report.) I won't close anymore. However, I just took such enormous pleasure in telling Chase Bank to "shove it". I've gradually moved all my business to Capital One and should have done so long ago!

Good Morning

I may have to get that book Terry - I will only have big things left, Student Loans, Mtg and small home equity loan that is not going anywhere...and my car.

It does feel good to pay off cards and not spend if you don't have.

Did I tell you guys work is paying me for the 5 days I missed, and planned on missing so I figured my budget this month without that, it is a full paycheck, that will make up the difference on my tax return and pay off that small credit card. How nice is that?

Anyway - i'm procrastinating, it is -8 right now and not going to get above 10 the next week, this is what i hate

have a great day

Judy - stay warm, looks cold there too

good mornin' ladies-

i am so down in the dumps. I am tired of hurting. i wish i would just feel better already :rolleyes:

Judy-when i was losing really well before, i never exercised until I hit a plateau then I would start some walking and crunches, but nothing major. :tt2: Hope your cold is getting better!

Terry-good for you on getting debt free. Thats pretty cool! GO YOU!

I gotta go...owwie owwie! :eek::hurt:

Running by .. I am the Small Intestine today at Robby's school! LOL................ then I have a fill apt at 3:30..

I did not weigh last night because I ate the house....

Love and kisses........ and I wish I could pay off all my debt......... geesh..... Charles X is a Dave Ramsey follower and we hear A LOT about how she is paying off their house in 3 years! (with the child support that she is still getting) because it hasn't been adjusted since cody came to live with us........ but that is another story!

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm feeling much better this morning. I even got dressed for the first time since Sunday evening! The Zicam really helped. I swear by it.

It is -10 degrees here right now. We're toasty warm in the house, but I sure wouldn't want to venture outside for anything. I already told the flute quartet I wouldn't be there this morning, so I don't have to go out until choir tonight. That's going to be bad enough. Ethan comes at noon.

TracyinKS.. good luck with the fill today.

TracyK.. When do you go back to the chiro??? Do they know what is causing the pain??

We're going out to dinner tonight with Kathy and Bill and I'm hoping to go to Culvers. They have a double butter burger with cheese BOGO and it would be perfect for me without the bun. Bob will be fine with the burger and there are no fries included, thank goodness!

I'm going to have a slice of cheese for Breakfast even though I'm not hungry. I can't believe how little I'm eating and still not hungry. Finally I'm letting the band do what it's supposed to instead of fighting and finding ways around it!! I'm wearing a pair of size 14 zip up cords that I had tucked away in my closet because they didn't fit anymore. Well, today they fit and I'm also wearing one of DD Kristin's sweaters. Life is good!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Good Morning~

I am sick...and mad as hell! I planned on "playing hookey" today to FINISH the ch. 5 edits. I talked to chair on Monday and had my colleague over for dinner last night to help...all in preparation to get this crap done! And sure as shit I am sick. I have a fever and my head only weighs about 40 lbs!!! WWHAAA! I am hoping in a short bit that the Tylenol will kick in and I will be able to at least sit there and "look" like I am working on it!

TracyK~So sorry about your neck pain!!! Do you use the electricity at the doc??? My mom had a disc out and it sat on a nerve. She would use the electricity so much they got her a 10s Unit(that is what it was called back then...like in the 90's) for home! It was AMAZING relief for her. I know when I hurt my back, I go in and lay on the electric pads to get it on my bad spot. I hope you feel better!

Judy~ How are you feeling? I loved the pix of the shower...I guess I missed it that it was going to be at a hall...it looks like Kristen (my sister's name) made out like a bandit! The presents went across the stage!!! Good on her, and good on you.

OK...need some Tylenol and some scrabble and to feel better!

xoxoxo

Good Morning~

I am sick...and mad as hell! I planned on "playing hookey" today to FINISH the ch. 5 edits. I talked to chair on Monday and had my colleague over for dinner last night to help...all in preparation to get this crap done! And sure as shit I am sick. I have a fever and my head only weighs about 40 lbs!!! WWHAAA! I am hoping in a short bit that the Tylenol will kick in and I will be able to at least sit there and "look" like I am working on it!

TracyK~So sorry about your neck pain!!! Do you use the electricity at the doc??? My mom had a disc out and it sat on a nerve. She would use the electricity so much they got her a 10s Unit(that is what it was called back then...like in the 90's) for home! It was AMAZING relief for her. I know when I hurt my back, I go in and lay on the electric pads to get it on my bad spot. I hope you feel better!

Judy~ How are you feeling? I loved the pix of the shower...I guess I missed it that it was going to be at a hall...it looks like Kristen (my sister's name) made out like a bandit! The presents went across the stage!!! Good on her, and good on you.

OK...need some Tylenol and some scrabble and to feel better!

xoxoxo

PamELa.. hope you feel better and are able to get that chapter done. The shower was held upstairs at our church.. in the Fellowship hall.

Edited by Teachlady

((Tracy)) I know how you feel, when it hurts it really is depressing and makes you feel helpless and I hate you're having to go through all that :rolleyes:

Wish I could help you, but I know I can't!

Hope you feel better too Pam. Zicam! Know it, love it.

You know my whole speal about candy not the size of my head? IRONICALLY, we got home from the movie (and I did good), we had a gift basket on our porch. Our friends from NM sent us a (late) gift basket for the holidays.. what was in it? Nothing but crazy sized candy. 5 chocolate bars the size of my head in all kinds of flavors, plus about 8 packs of fun size candies, and a couple boxes of Doves. Aye yi yi. Me & Russ both picked out 1 candy we liked (I took snickers and he took Dove chocolates) and I brought the rest into work for everyone to have.

We saw Grand Terino last night, VERY GOOD MOVIE. I don't know Clint Eastwood so there was no hype for me in that (That was DH & dad's draw to see it), but it was a drama and I boo'hood a couple times--I don't normally cry during movies. Lot of racial slurs though, I think the most I've ever heard in 1 movie.

Hey.. where is everybody?? Ethan didn't come over today cause his daddy is sick with a cold and didn't go in to work. The Bobster and I are planning our excursions for our Hawaii trip. Sweet!!

Nothing much happening here until choir tonight. Hope everyone is having a good day!!

HI JUDY

just a quick check in, going to dinner with my friend... which is what it is... friends, hanging, getting to know each other, not dating...

omg he got it!

anyway, freezing here - had company at work so i've been good today

talk to you all later

Sounds like a keeper, Jenn!!

Pamela - Were you able to get any work done today?

Hey gang~

Terry, I took a 2 hour nap and worked a bit before that. Woke, showered and now feel a tad bit better. I've been working for a about an hour...taking an quick lbt break. Gonna keep working and we have tix to go to Palm Springs Film Festival tonight...and I am going to that too! I might take Thursday off as well. W/ being sick, I am only working to 50% capacity.

Back to the grind!