Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to Lap Band Talk

I had my surgery on October 17, 2008. I have lost a total of 20lbs. from the beginning of the pre op to now and I am frustrated. I had my first fill on Nov.17th and I still feel like I am not losing anymore. I have 3cc in my band now. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this and if so what did you do?

I would also like to get one of those tickers at the bottom of my entries that keep track of my progress. Can someone tell me how to get one of those? :)

It will take a few adjustments before you notice that you have restirction. Everyone is differant on how they feel and look. Keep in mind you only want to loose about 1-3 lbs a week, It took a while before I noticed anything big in regards to changes. GO to tickerfactory.com and pick out a desgin that you wish to have. Keep in mind this is not going to happen over night. I have been banded almost 15 months.

Chris

Amy - your body was used to mostly fluids and some soft mushy foods. The more foods you add to your diet especially after mostly fluids, you will usually gain some weight back. Once your body starts the normal routine of eating regulat food - the weight loss will begin. I'm still on the full liquid phase and expect to lose slower once I start the mushy phase. I was told that I might not start the actual weight loss journey until sometime between my 3rd - 5th fill.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches