Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did the weight begin to come off?

I was banded on June 27, 2008. I had my 4th fill last week and I am finally getting restriction *yay*!! I lost 24 lbs in the whole preop liquid diet phase but since then it has been up and down 3 lbs!!! Is the weight going to come off faster now that I have restriction? Some of my firends that had the surgery told me they didnt start losing weight considerably until their 6th fill. I would love to hear experienced bandsters tell me when their weight began to fall off. Thanks!

I am newly banded and since my surgery day, I have lost 16 pounds. Add that to the 10 pounds I lost during the pre-op and it is a total of 26 pounds.

My doctor pre-filled me with 3cc during the surgery, so right now I feel fine.

It should really start to come off now that you are feeling restriction. It did for me. It can take awhile for your body to start burning calories like it should because your metabolism has probably been messed up from being on liquid and soft diets.

with a low BMI, my weight did not start to come off till month 6. i needed 8 fills for restriction & that is when it all fell into place....prior to that it was will power & the gym.

Hi, Wow! Your post really made my day. I am 35, I live in Frisco TX, and my goal is to be in the 120s. I am really inspired by your progress!! What do you normally eat?

I was banded on September 18th lost well the first 2 months 22 lbs. Now into my 3rd month NOTHING. I had my first fill Nov.12th they added 1cc to a band that already had 4cc's. I was hoping for some restrictions but nothing. I hope with the next fill after the first of the year I will have some restrictions. It is really hard, I had such high hopes that this first fill would do the trick. My goal now is to stay on track try and excerise more and not gain anything over the holidays. I have made friends with 2 ladies that had the gastric bypass surgery, one 3 days before me, she has lost 47 and the other 1 month after my surgery she has lost 30 lbs . I know this is the healthier way so I will have faith. Keep my food journal and stick to what I write and the weight will come off. How are all the people who had surgery in September doing???

Happy Thanksgiving all,

Nene

I also had surgery in June. I have pretty much lost consistently ever since. I got fills often at first. I have had 5 fills my last being in Sept. That fill has been great for a couple months. Though I lost with each fill but they loosened up quickly, supposedly due to losing the fat pad between the band and the stomach. I have had a week or so where I maintained and struggled from the mushy post op phase to the first fill but other than that I have been so grateful for my band. It is easier when you have the proper restriction however, just be sure it's not too tight then you can get too many calories in liquid or mushy foods and they don't keep you full for as long. Good luck on your latest fill!

Im glad Im not the only one dissapointed with my lapband's restriction. I go for another fill this Sat. so far they only put in 1.8 cc each fill in a 10 cc band, no prefill.

Im up to only 3.6 cc, and thinking no wonder I have no restriction, this is being done too slow, but cant get my fill doctor to push harder.

Im losing due to will power, dieting and walking every day, no thanks to my lapband.

I was banded on September 18th lost well the first 2 months 22 lbs. Now into my 3rd month NOTHING. I had my first fill Nov.12th they added 1cc to a band that already had 4cc's. I was hoping for some restrictions but nothing. I hope with the next fill after the first of the year I will have some restrictions. It is really hard, I had such high hopes that this first fill would do the trick. My goal now is to stay on track try and excerise more and not gain anything over the holidays. I have made friends with 2 ladies that had the gastric bypass surgery, one 3 days before me, she has lost 47 and the other 1 month after my surgery she has lost 30 lbs . I know this is the healthier way so I will have faith. Keep my food journal and stick to what I write and the weight will come off. How are all the people who had surgery in September doing???

Happy Thanksgiving all,

Nene

I had surgery 3rd Sept lost about 22 pounds the 1st 5 weeks and nothing since, I go for my 5th fill today and I think this fill will bring me to my sweet spot.

Hi - My surgery was June 24th - I've had several fills and now have 6 cc's in my band. But am seriously thinking about having another fill. I've lost 42 pounds - but am now "stuck" have been @ the same weight for several weeks. Good luck, dond't get discouraged

I had surgery in May and I have been stuck for a few weeks too. But this time of year, it's very hard to lose. I would be happy just to maintain until after the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving all,

Nene

Hello, I was banded a few days after you (9-22) and I have lost 23 lbs since surgery. I am really struggling with my weight loss right now. I have had 2 fills and I believe I am at 7.6cc in a 10cc band. The first fill on 10-20, surprisingly enough, gave me lots of restriction.... I lost 14 pounds that month (Oct); lost 4 pounds in the 8 days after my surgery (Sept); and have only lost 5 lbs this month. I had another fill on Nov 10 and it has been sadly lacking, I have been REALLY hungry! I am trying to eat the amounts that I am supposed to, but it is all willpower right now not the band. I have another fill on Dec 8 but I might try to move it to next week so hopefully I won't do too much damage. Best of luck to you!!

My surgery was on 6/19, and I've only lost 15 lbs since surgery. I have high hopes for my latest fill, tho. The last one gave me pretty good restriction for about three weeks. I'm hoping this one is effective, and lasts me through the new year. I joined Curves today, so I also hope that helps kick-start some weight loss.