Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hi Everyone, just thought I would hope in and see how everyone is doing. I've had my third fill and I think this is it for a while... When I get full I know it !!! If I don't chew enough I get an awful chest pain and I have to move around till it gets down...Damn it hurts. My weight loss is slow but I'll take slow and Gradual then tons in the beggining and none at the end. I have finally figure the more I eat the better the loss. I have had to a seperation from carbs and manage them to the littlest factor if I have bread it's high in Fiber and 100 calories I love those Arnold thins... It's just enough or like today to much. I usually have a low carb Protein Shake int he AM only 110 cal 17gms protein.. egg beaters around 10:30 lunch 1:00 All Protein 4:00 snack high protein or low fat then dinner 6:00 Protein and Veggies all solid meals are around 4-5 oz.

Hope everyone keeps up the good work Wanna B great job on the two lbs and Happy Birthday!!

Congrats Heather on the fill...glad to hear it is really helping and JMS thanks for the encouragement. I had my second fill today and I can tell a difference. I know it is always tight right after a fill, but Im hoping it will continue. I will be on liquids for a few days and then soft foods, so that should help with my weightloss. Keep up the good work everyone. Just think, we will all be smaller by swimsuit time.

Try the Slimfast Low Carb, they are the only thing I've found that I can keep down. Only place around me that carries them is Walmart.< /div>

I love the Slimfast Low Carb, it's the only thing that doesn't taste watery to me. Walmart is pretty far away and I have a hard time finding the Low Carb consistently, so I order it off of Amazon.com.< /p>

I shouldn't have avoided this board for so long. I've been really frustrated by the lack of restriction. I've been feeling so sorry for myself and sliding backwards more and more into unhealthy behaviors. Exercising less and less, gradually eating more and I'm not talking about the good stuff.

I'm glad I dropped in tonight to see that some people seem to have hit their sweet spot and are loving it. That gives me renewed hope. It also helps for me to see that I'm not the only one that is struggling. I want to tell the strugglers to not give up, hang in there, and then I realize I need to say that to myself, too.

Nobody around me "gets it". But you all do. I need to not feel so isolated. My hospital group only meets once a month and half the time I can't make it (since it's a weeknight and downtown).

Here's to not giving up!

Congrats Heather on the fill...glad to hear it is really helping and JMS thanks for the encouragement. I had my second fill today and I can tell a difference. I know it is always tight right after a fill, but Im hoping it will continue. I will be on liquids for a few days and then soft foods, so that should help with my weightloss. Keep up the good work everyone. Just think, we will all be smaller by swimsuit time.

I bet you will be down 5 pounds within 1 1/2 weeks!! Let me know if I'm right. I'm so glad you feel restriction!

I shouldn't have avoided this board for so long. I've been really frustrated by the lack of restriction. I've been feeling so sorry for myself and sliding backwards more and more into unhealthy behaviors. Exercising less and less, gradually eating more and I'm not talking about the good stuff.

I'm glad I dropped in tonight to see that some people seem to have hit their sweet spot and are loving it. That gives me renewed hope. It also helps for me to see that I'm not the only one that is struggling. I want to tell the strugglers to not give up, hang in there, and then I realize I need to say that to myself, too.

Nobody around me "gets it". But you all do. I need to not feel so isolated. My hospital group only meets once a month and half the time I can't make it (since it's a weeknight and downtown).

Here's to not giving up!

Your weight loss is not too shabby!! Don't be so hard on yourself. It's only March!

Your weight loss is not too shabby!! Don't be so hard on yourself. It's only March!

Thank you, jms. But, I haven't lost any weight in three weeks. I'm going in for my fill in a week and I'm embarrassed that I haven't lost so far. They will know that I haven't been compliant. I've been up and down the same three pounds. I know it's normal to fluctuate like that. I guess I should be grateful that I haven't gained 5 or 10 pounds!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to take it to heart.

I just stayed up all night. :thumbup: It is now 5:40 a.m. and I haven't slept at all. In twenty minutes I need to wake up my daughter so that she can start her day.

This is not healthy behavior, lol! ( That's stating the obvious.) I avoided the computer all day, because my eyes have been hurting me. Now I have been on it since 8:00. That's nine and a half hours. Addicted much? I think I'll go do the dinner dishes before I wake her up.

Thanks for being here, everybody.

Thank you, jms. But, I haven't lost any weight in three weeks. I'm going in for my fill in a week and I'm embarrassed that I haven't lost so far. They will know that I haven't been compliant. I've been up and down the same three pounds. I know it's normal to fluctuate like that. I guess I should be grateful that I haven't gained 5 or 10 pounds!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to take it to heart.

I just stayed up all night. :mad2: It is now 5:40 a.m. and I haven't slept at all. In twenty minutes I need to wake up my daughter so that she can start her day.

This is not healthy behavior, lol! ( That's stating the obvious.) I avoided the computer all day, because my eyes have been hurting me. Now I have been on it since 8:00. That's nine and a half hours. Addicted much? I think I'll go do the dinner dishes before I wake her up.

Thanks for being here, everybody.

I am guilty of staying up way too late as well, often on the computer! Hopefully this fill will give you good restriction and you will start losing again. It's realy not unusual to go several weeks with no weight loss. Many people have only lost 20 pounds or less 4 months out so it's average anyway. Once you have good restriction, you will find it more difficult to be non-compliant as you call it lol! Good luck with your fill!

Got my fill last Friday (.7 ccs)--he had .8 in there and had to pull .1 out as he felt it "push back". Bad news, I am up 1.5 pounds--Geez (although they have come back off since then--think I was holding onto water). That was the motivation in my thread "we need to get our heads in check" posted earlier this week--I was very down about my pounds being up. In any case, as of right now I am very much restricted. Most mornings can't even get down a 1/2 cup eggs. In the evenings I get more hungry and can eat more, but I do not even finish a sandwich plate. I am committed to logging all my food intake (good & bad) and have been under 1000 most days since and exercising. I have walked 30-35 minutes all week so far! I was eating a ton (well not a ton...) of oranges and the dr. said I need to cut waaay back on those--berry fruits instead. So according to my scale at the beginning of the week I'm still down 16 pounds... So--again--good luck to us all.

On another note--Is there a thread that has everybody log their surgery date/fill amount so we can see how we all progress and how it relates to our fills? If not, maybe we should do that. I'm just now at 5.2 and just had my 3rd fill (my dr. made me wait 2 months before the first one). Hopefully this is my sweet spot.

Crystal

DDGalarza,

Thank you so much for being so...positive. I had surgery on November 20th and I have yet to lose 20 lbs., however, in the past I would have gained 20 lbs. between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know that I can do better ... work out harder and more frequently, stop eating slider foods, and stop munching late at night ... just to name a few. I am happy to know that it's going to be much more difficult to gain as much weight as I have in the past because I can't eat as much. It's so easy to be negative about this entire process. I will be the first to admit that I had unrealistic expectations. I think I was hoping gastric bypass results! As my doctor has emphasized from the beginning, the lap band is just a tool on this weight loss journey. Again, thanks for your positive attitude because your are so...right!

Delivered

Delivered,

Thanks for your post.It totally hit home.I've been frustrated too about not losing but haven't been completely putting all the work in!

I had a friend who actually did gastric bypass 2 weeks before me.So I'm constantly being compared.And she is blowing me out of the Water with her weightloss.So I know that frustration too.:mad2:

We just have to hang in there and put in the work and we'll be looking good in no time!!:wink2:

Teal:tongue2:

Hey all...just got back from my second fill. I now have a total of 3.75cc's in my band. He said I should be alot more restricted...and I hope I am not too restricted. Some days I have trouble getting food down. So anyway hopefully this fill will help me bust through the 200lb barrier. It sure has been a long time since I have seen good old onederland! Hope everyone is doing good this week...hang tough!

Mornin' all!

I'm doing okay...the scale isn't moving much, but my clothes continue to get looser and today I put on a skirt I haven't worn in at least 2 years. NSV's rock!:confused:

Mornin' all!

I'm doing okay...the scale isn't moving much, but my clothes continue to get looser and today I put on a skirt I haven't worn in at least 2 years. NSV's rock!:confused:

Wonderful! NSV's are the best! Fitting back into clothes always puts me in a good mood. Does anyone else feel like for the first time in years our bodies are normal again? Maybe it is because our body chemistry has changed; I finally feel like finally my body is my friend and not my foe. :w00t:

Wonderful! NSV's are the best! Fitting back into clothes always puts me in a good mood. Does anyone else feel like for the first time in years our bodies are normal again? Maybe it is because our body chemistry has changed; I finally feel like finally my body is my friend and not my foe. :confused:

I feel like my body and I have come to an agreement... I will try and it will allow me to lose. :w00t: That never worked before. Down 36 lbs and 3 sizes. Diabetes is well controlled and only taking 1 med. Hopefully will be off that one soon. Just had to give away a trunk full of clothes.. and still have 1/2 my closet to go thru. Buying as little as I can to get by at work. Go for my 3rd fill next week. Keep it up. We can do this!