Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

My Dr. waits the full 6 weeks for the first fill as he wants to be sure healing is complete. He does a second one two weeks later though, and I think another 1 month after. Then for the remainder of the first year, he schedules apps every 4-6 weeks to see how we are doing. I am on a regular diet as I am into the 4th week. I made a big turkey dinner on the weekend as my son came into town and we had a family get together. It seemed like I ate quite a bit, but I had no problems. This week I am doing well on program, but it seemed like I was eating a lot because I just felt like I was eating too much ( you know the feeling). So today I used the fit day food calculator and found I only ate about 1000 calories which surprised me and I am never hungry. I have not weighed since last week because since I started food I just "knew" I must have gained!! Now my confession!! I have had no problems eating meat, bread stuffing, broccoli, chicken, ham, or any other foods I have tried. I ate pumpkin pie filling from a piece of pumpkin pie last night and it just would not seem to go down, I could not swallow (or so it felt) and it seemed to be stuck there even when I went to sleep. This morning it felt like I had horrible phlegm in my throat which was really difficult to bring up. The entire experience was horrible and needless to say I learned my lesson!! I thought pumpkin pie filling would be like pudding, or at least smooth enough to go down easily, so I could not understand the problems. I have read that some people have problems with cinnamon (which I love!). Does anyone know why I might have had such a problem with it when I have had no problems with anything else that commonly causes problems for people??

Went in for my fill today. I did not even feel it. I worried for nothing. Whew. I guess I had 3cc already in from surgery. So she added 2cc so I now have a total of 5cc. The only thing I have noticed so far is when I ate my turkey deli meat and cheese for lunch it seemed to go down slower. I scheduled my next fill for the 30th. I can't wait to get this band working.

Ahh, you are not flying into Dallas to see Dr. Castro for your fills then, are you? I thought you would be for some reason.

I am super anxious to get filled too. In the evenings in particular I am able to eat more. I loved getting full on five bites and miss that.

Ahh, you are not flying into Dallas to see Dr. Castro for your fills then, are you? I thought you would be for some reason.

I am super anxious to get filled too. In the evenings in particular I am able to eat more. I loved getting full on five bites and miss that.

I live in Washington and have Dr Robert Michealson who just won best doctor in Washington for 2008. He not only does the surgeries but also teaches them to other doctors.

can someone please tell me how to get the ticker. I highlight what i'm supposed to and I make one but I don't know where to put in on my page

I had trouble with the ticker too, being computer illiterate as I am!! If you do a search on here, someone gives very explicit instructions that helped me.

The good news is I got brave after all my weekend eating and weighed today and was so happy to be down 2 more pounds. I was scared due to the family dinners and the Dr. telling me I would gain some back now that I am eating real food and losing post surgery restriction. Now, if I can just rely on good food choices and will power until Jan 6th when I get the first fill or however many fills it takes to get restriction ugh!!!!!!!

I was banded 11-4-08. It was the best decision that I ever made in regards to my health. I wish that I had done this several years ago. I am doing great! I have lost 23lbs so far. I have been able to cut my insulin dose in half. My blood sugar and blood pressure are normal for the first time in a very long time. I had my very first fill on the 10th. I recieved 1.5cc and had a total of 4.5 in the band.Oh, by the way the fill doesn't hurt at all! Whew was I worried. I am still working at eating slower and taking smaller bites. The only thing that I miss is soda and I crave Coke Zero. I am doing so well that I have to pinch myself to believe it.:shades_smile:

Hey everyone. I was banded November 12th. :ohmy: Just wanted to join the novembers :w00t: Plus i'm trying to figure out this whole signature ticker thing. :cursing:

weight.png

I had surgery 11/11 and have not had a fill yet, no restriction to my band and am down 22 lbs. today! YEAH! I am so happy about my weight loss and am planning to have a fill just after Christmas - don't want to risk being on liquids for Christmas (dealt with mushies for Thanksgiving). Good luck to all.... we are doing great!

Helllooo Everyone just wanted to check in and say

"Happy Holidays" to all. Just had my first fill today and it was a whopping 4cc and boy do I feel restriction!! looking forward to dropping a a few more pounds before New Years to look fantastic in my new Dress!!

Met with my Dietician and found out I'm taking in enough Protein so I'm playing my balancing act of Protein while introducing veggies and some starch!!:ohmy: I'm scared of carbs:sad: I'm scared that if I start to re-introduce them I will start craving them again.... so I may put them on the back burner for another couple of weeks.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!!

I have my first fill scheduled for December 23rd. I'm so nervous. Did everyone do liquids after their fill for a couple days? And then like start out slowly? Right now i'm eating just about anything. I stay away from bread and rice, but everything else seems fine besides french fries LOL which i should have anyway. I'm going to have to re-learn to cook and how to eat so i can make this really work.

I M 4 weeks post op today and 20lbs lighter. First fill yesterday, had 3 cc in band added 1.5 and was sick. Could not get the Water thru it came up! And I had lot of pain. Took out .5c total if 4cc in now ok just feel my stomach is sore!

I have my first fill scheduled for December 23rd. I'm so nervous. Did everyone do liquids after their fill for a couple days? And then like start out slowly? Right now i'm eating just about anything. I stay away from bread and rice, but everything else seems fine besides french fries LOL which i should have anyway. I'm going to have to re-learn to cook and how to eat so i can make this really work.

Just got filled today 4cc and no food restriction just taking it easy .. I'm eating baked Beans right now and chewing reallllllyyyy well tummy is sore took him a couple pokes to get the exact spot for the saline. I dooo feeel restriction... taken me about 30 minutes to eat a little over a 1/4 cup.