Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Ladies, we have to be strong. We can do this. I had two sugar Cookies last nite. I felt guilty BUT then I realized this time last year I would have had a dozen cookies.

Just think if we didn't have the band what our weight would be.

I am having restriction. A lot of foods are getting stuck...even when I chew and I haven't had a fill yet. Has anyone had this problem? The second cookie set there a while before it decided to pass thru. Kinda scared me at first. It was a real wake up call.

Unfortunately my cookies go down quite easily. What I can't understand is, why in hell would I spend 17K for the band and then sit and eat a half dozen cookies. I am not even having a big hunger problem nor am I having any severe cravings. I made them, they were there, and I ate them. I must be sicker mentally than I thought.

You are not mentally sick. Cookies and treats are yummy, banded or not. People overindulge. When you do, realize it happened and move on. just don't do it too often to sabotage the band.

You are not mentally sick. Cookies and treats are yummy, banded or not. People overindulge. When you do, realize it happened and move on. just don't do it too often to sabotage the band.

I'm just wondering what this behavior and also the behavior of overeating which I also did twice might do to the band. I made lasagne tonight for our Christmas eve dinner and ate too much of that (much less than normal though) after the cookies!! I definitely plan to get back on track right away. I think I will try to go on a diet similar to the pre-op diet after Christmas until I go for my first fill.

Ladies & Gentleman, I feel just like everyone else the GD Cookies Cakes, Pies :tongue2: The whole damn thing is overwhelming I myself just had a piece of pie !! What in the heck is the matter with me !!! It's a fact we did it , we ate and it's done...Let's say FRIDAY is the Day and we are hopping back on track!!! Purge those fridge's of the CRAP.. toss the cookies the candies and ask friends and Family to respect your wishes and not bring it in our homes!!! We can do this we just need to find our way back to the path!!

Love you all.... be strong..:blush:

Ladies & Gentleman, I feel just like everyone else the GD Cookies Cakes, Pies :tongue2: The whole damn thing is overwhelming I myself just had a piece of pie !! What in the heck is the matter with me !!! It's a fact we did it , we ate and it's done...Let's say FRIDAY is the Day and we are hopping back on track!!! Purge those fridge's of the CRAP.. toss the cookies the candies and ask friends and Family to respect your wishes and not bring it in our homes!!! We can do this we just need to find our way back to the path!!

Love you all.... be strong..:blush:

YES!!!!!!!!! We CAN do it!!!

Love you all.... be strong..:)

OMG. God bless my DH's grandmother, she really does mean well. We went to her house for Christmas Day and I swear, the woman doesn't know how to cook anything that's not in a casserole of some sort. I ate the absolute worst meal I've eaten since I had the band! :blush:

And when it was all over, she would not take NO for an answer when I said I didn't want leftovers! She forced me to take them! So when I left her house last night, I stopped at the first gas station I saw and THREW EVERY BIT OF IT IN THE TRASH CAN. ;) ;) Talk about having some will power!!! I even was able to avoid having a slice of my mom's 10 layer chocolate cake - the frosting is a family secret passed down for several generations. I swear, I deserve a medal for resisting that yesterday. My husband even congratulated me on doing so well with the food! :)

OMG. God bless my DH's grandmother, she really does mean well. We went to her house for Christmas Day and I swear, the woman doesn't know how to cook anything that's not in a casserole of some sort. I ate the absolute worst meal I've eaten since I had the band! :tongue2:

And when it was all over, she would not take NO for an answer when I said I didn't want leftovers! She forced me to take them! So when I left her house last night, I stopped at the first gas station I saw and THREW EVERY BIT OF IT IN THE TRASH CAN. ;) ;) Talk about having some will power!!! I even was able to avoid having a slice of my mom's 10 layer chocolate cake - the frosting is a family secret passed down for several generations. I swear, I deserve a medal for resisting that yesterday. My husband even congratulated me on doing so well with the food! :blush:

AWESOME JOB :)

Hi Novembers,

I sure can relate to all the posts on the Christmas goodies. My big downfall is Chex Mix and nuts. I think we all deserve a pat on the back for downsizing from a dozen Cookies to two, or a reduction in whatever was our biggest temptation. I'm thrilled to just maintain what I have lost prior to the holidays. We will all be back on track by next week. :tongue2:

Hey everyone! I wish I could be on this site more often to keep track of everyone!! I was banded on Nov 6th, I'm down 31 pounds today.

The holiday treats have been hard for me too!! But I haven't eaten anything compared to other years!

I just had my first fill on Christmas Eve! I'm so glad I did---it gave me that nice restricted feeling so I avoided overeating for our Christmas meals.

I was getting really scared before my fill though because I was able to eat cake balls and a couple other Desserts with no side effects. I was just thinking--oh crap, I want to physically feel the bad feelings from eating this! Today I feel it for sure! I ate a chocolate dipped pretzel stick and boy, that didn't feel good!

I have a little time here, so I'm going to go try and read some posts to try and get familiar with everyone!

WE CAN DO THIS EVERYONE!!

Oh--by the way--anyone from Iowa? I'm just wondering if anyone had the same surgeon as I did. I absolutely LOVE him!!!

Hey everyone. Glad to hear everyone is surviving the holidays :thumbup: I didn't do too horible, definitely better than last year. Chex mix is my biggest downfall too. I could nibble on that stuff until it's all gone. On my christmas day dinner i got up and moved it to another table so it wasn't in front of me when i realized how much i was eating. I did ok though, only a bite of pie. One more dinner to go and i'll be done with the christmas part. I'm going to really focus on not taking any candy home and just bringing Protein and healthier stuff home for leftovers.

I had my first fill on the 23rd, and it really helped for christmas eve and christmas day. Even Water is restircted in the morning, but by the evening, i can eat just about anything. I'm trying to focus on being careful and not drinking after I eat (that's my biggest problem is flushing it down with water cuz i'm always drinking something). So that's my new focus and i really can tell a difference. I stay fuller so much longer.

So good luck for the new year everyone. :smile: I'll be on a liquid diet for new years even party hahaha LOL.

I have a really hard time not drinking with my meal too!! That's been the hardest thing for me....but I agree, you stay fuller longer if you don't drink.

So what does everyone typically eat during a normal day?

I've been eating 2 eggs (scrambled) with cheese over it. That keeps me totally full and satisfied until 12:30-1:00. lunch varies: Soup and cottage cheese most of the time. (soup flavors vary, some homeade, some canned) Or if I have leftovers from supper the night before, I'll bring that along with some veggies.

Supper has been different fishes (tuna, talapia or cod) with a veggie usually. Tonight I had spaghetti. (ate maybe 1 Cup and I'm totally stuffed)

Sometimes I'll have a popsicle before bed too....

Today, the 26th, I was right back on track with eating. However, I have not felt very well. And, I have more discomfort than usual in my port area. It's not terrible pain, just discomfort and I can't lay on my left side again. It's all healed up very well on the outside. I wonder if I did too much or if eating too much did something??

Good Morning Band Family !!! BOY do i need a fill:ohmy: My restriction is fairly limited!! Well I've been back to the gym for 2 days now and it feels great !!! The only thing is I'm having some port pain I find when walking I have to hold my tummy at times while on the treadmill because it pulls??? Weird eh?? I'm waling 3.2 mph and I usually do two miles the incline varies alot because within 30- 40 minutes I burn about 300 -325 calories!!! Does anyone else having any problems exercising?? I wan to hit the weights but I don't dare!!!

Good Morning Band Family !!! BOY do i need a fill:ohmy: My restriction is fairly limited!! Well I've been back to the gym for 2 days now and it feels great !!! The only thing is I'm having some port pain I find when walking I have to hold my tummy at times while on the treadmill because it pulls??? Weird eh?? I'm waling 3.2 mph and I usually do two miles the incline varies alot because within 30- 40 minutes I burn about 300 -325 calories!!! Does anyone else having any problems exercising?? I wan to hit the weights but I don't dare!!!

Hi Heather,

It seems whenever I eat too much I have port pain...it's like the port is telling me I pigged out. My surgeon said no ab exercises or weights for 8 weeks after surgery. I have an appointment this Monday so will verify that. I also have a Tony Little Gazelle that I can't use yet. I am doing my Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tapes w/o the weights.

I hope I can start using AB ball soon. I was in a car accident this past February and all my back strenghtening exercises require the ball.

Remember, we are still healing. I have more energy and want to do more BUT don't want to injure myself.

Heather- I have some port pain also when I work out. My surgeon told me it's because that muscle around the port is still healing and when you tighten up your abs at all, it's going to be sore. But he didn't say not to exercise or anything. It goes away pretty quick. I'm not restricted on any exercise at this point. I'll be starting weights the first week in January. My gym is working up a workout program for me and I meet with her on the 2nd. So excited!! I've just been doing the treadmill for 30 mins and the elliptical for 15-20mins up to this point.

I also have some port pain when I eat too much? What's up with that I wonder?