Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I was banded on 11/18 and my surgeon jsut got back froma seminar and told them too book me for 4 weeks and the office assitant was like "Oh he made a mistake" I siad " No that is what he said". She talked to Him and he just got back from a seminar and they suggested 4 weeks if patient is healing well because so many patient's have a hard time holding out for 6 weeks when they are healed by three.

I have no problem eating all types of meat..... although I have not tried steak yet!! lol...so If things are welll and you have no restriction and your concerened about weight gain....CALL CALL CALL what's the worst they can say ...NO..then you just wait a little longer and pray to the food gods to give you strength!! Best of luck to the "Inbetween Fill Crowd":thumbup:

Hi Princes070

Well my Dr. did put some Fluid in my band at surgery, not exactly sure how much. Then he said to schedule my first fill between 3 to 4 weeks. So tomorrow will be like 3 1/2 weeks since surgery. I am amazed at all the different things the Dr.'s do. For instance my Dr. has his patients coming in for fill once a month, every month for the first 6 months post surgery. He says he feels like this give the patient a better chance at success. I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow. Like I have said I haven't had any trouble with hunger or even what I'm eating. I am eating some soft chicken and so forth but haven't fully transitioned.

Nope I asked. They said you can have another fill a week later if needed. :)

Wow! Yet another example of how every surgeon is different. Talk about weird! :frown:

I was banded 11/18 and my next appointment will be 12/29. My surgeon said as long as I'm losing, he may not give me a fill....that will be 6 weeks. Tomorrow is my last day of mushies. I'm not really hungry between meals. I not a bit hungry in the morning. I have to force myself to eat. My band feels really tight then.

I fixed a roast with all the trimmings in the crockpot yesterday. I ground up the meat & veggies in my magic bullet and it was heaven. Didn't look that great but looks aren't everything :). I took left overs today for lunch. I was told it looked like I was eating cat food....it was very filling & I really didn't care.

I'm not sure I'll need a fill 12/29...will just have to wait and see.

Every surgeon is so different. There are three surgeons who work out of the hospital I went to. All three have different guidlines. Only mine (of course) put me on the 2 week pre-op diet. And he's very conservative which I like.

'Morning Notorious Novembers!

I did call my surgeon yesterday - they of course are booked solid, but will call me if something opens up, which I pray it does! Otherwise, I'll just have to work hard and try to keep the head hunger under control. If I don't get a fill, my goal is to maintain my weight over the holidays, which is definately different from what USED to happen!:mad2:

I'm down to 239 for the first time in I can't remember when! I've named my band "Jillian" in honor of the psycho trainer from Biggest Loser (my favorite TV trainer, bar none). I am thrilled to be banded and have lots of hope for my future.

Right now I'm still working on not drinking Fluid with my meals. I tried it this morning with my Breakfast, which I ate before getting on the train. Now, here it is over 2 hours since I ate and I still feel full. Guess that little bit of Fluid (relatively speaking - I'm a very high fluid consumer) that I didn't drink helped the food stay in place longer.

That doesn't mean I'm not experiencing 'head hunger' though...I DO want to eat something, but I think I'll wait another few minutes to see if the craving passes, and I've got some yogurt in the work fridge.

Have a terrific day, y'all!:blushing:

Hi, everybody. I apologize for lurking. I just haven't had anything to say lately, but it has been comforting to read that others are in the same place that I am. I've been floating up and down around the same place on the scale. (On the mushies stage right now.) I'm not allowed to have any meat, yet. I can have soft cheeses, eggs, tofu, fish, etc. for Protein. I've been supplementing with shakes to get my 70 grams of Protein, otherwise it's almost impossible. My nutritionist has been on vacation, so I haven't had any help from her! She will be back today.

My body FEELS like it's lost more than 30 pounds, though. I feel like I've lost 50 or 60. My fiance is having a hard time keeping his hands off me (haha). We're TRYING to stay celibate until the wedding on May 25. I feel great. It's so much easier to move around. I went to a concert the other night and actually fit into the seat! There was no digging into my hips or spilling into my neighbor's chair. YAY! I had to text my fiance and let him know because I was so happy about it. He's my partner in crime with me in this whole endeavor. He's been so supportive emotionally and financially for the past year. :crying: When I couldn't decide whether to go through with it or not, he was right there telling me it was okay either way. My main concern has been avoiding diabetes and arthritis. Looking good would just be the icing on the cake, if you will excuse the expression.:blushing:

I've been more tempted to eat off limits food the past couple of days. Before it didn't appeal to me. I'm thinking maybe the honeymoon is over? Yesterday I was really upset about something, crying, etc. :mad2: I couldn't appease myself with food, so it was harder to get over it! Some hugs and reassurance from my daughter and fiance turned out to be the answer.

Has anyone else struggled with dealing with their emotions without using food as a comfort now?

(Sorry for the massive, long post.)

I think most surgeons make you wait a month between fills, so that might not be possible. Hopefully you'll have restriction for a few weeks from your first fill.

We have the same physician...he is very in favor of losing hard and fast the first year to take advantage....weight loss on the band slows significantly after 12 months. So he will let us get fills as often as we need them, even once a week, after the first fill. He has an excellent reputation here in Dallas and a very high success rate. I already have 3 cc in my band from surgery and get my first fill at exactly 4 weeks. WannaB and I were banded the same day.

I am envious...I am still waiting until Monday. Maybe I will see if I can bump to this week too...Monday is an inconvenient day for me.

WannaB, I am curious if you are able to go in today with all the ice on the roads! You have to fly in, yes?? Its an ugly wintry day here ...mild compared to some parts of the country, but we are not equiped to deal with winter weather...we only get it a couple of times a year! Lots of schools and gov't offices are closed!

We have the same physician...he is very in favor of losing hard and fast the first year to take advantage....weight loss on the band slows significantly after 12 months. So he will let us get fills as often as we need them, even once a week, after the first fill. He has an excellent reputation here in Dallas and a very high success rate. I already have 3 cc in my band from surgery and get my first fill at exactly 4 weeks. WannaB and I were banded the same day.

I am envious...I am still waiting until Monday. Maybe I will see if I can bump to this week too...Monday is an inconvenient day for me.

I think that's great, and it makes perfect sense. But be warned, after your fill your tummy is soooooo sore. Mine was sore for about a week. It wasn't that the fill hurt, but the needle is big :mad2: and my surgeon removes the air from the tubing first which required lots of pushing, and that didn't feel so good :blushing:. So you may not be able to tolerate another fill a week later!

Also, I've read some people say they don't feel restriction for two weeks after a fill, then they just wake up one day and have restriction - a delayed fill, sort of. Everyone is so different, it's really crazy!

WannaB, I am curious if you are able to go in today with all the ice on the roads! You have to fly in, yes?? Its an ugly wintry day here ...mild compared to some parts of the country, but we are not equiped to deal with winter weather...we only get it a couple of times a year! Lots of schools and gov't offices are closed!

The roads here are not bad. Just icy on the side streets a little. My doctor is about 1 mile away. We are suppose to get more snow tomorrow, so I am happy I am going in today. A little nervous. I have been watching too many "You Tube" videos on fills. I really hope I get some restriction today and can get back on track to losing. I will let you know how it goes. My appointment is at noon today. :blushing:

Okay, an update from me. I have only a little over 1 cc in a band that will hold 11 cc. I have awesome restriction and am continuing to lose.

I am on solids now and doing pretty well. I have to start the day with liquid, preferably cold -- weird, I know -- to get my band "open." I usually cannot eat solid food for another couple of hours and only a little bit once that I can eat. I get about 3-5 baby spoon bites in and I am done.

I have been concentrating on getting my Protein in first and then veggies after that.

I finally recovered from my crazy first fill and am really happy with my band so far. I have a great doctor and am glad he is there and available to help out when needed. Makes me feel safe.

I am having Italian deer for supper with a cracker or two and green Beans. I ought to be good and done after that and set until tomorrow. Thank God for all the hunters in my family! They keep my freezer full!

(Snow plows and salt/sand trucks are in full force outside. I am warm and cozy inside.:thumbup:)

Went in for my fill today. I did not even feel it. I worried for nothing. Whew. I guess I had 3cc already in from surgery. So she added 2cc so I now have a total of 5cc. The only thing I have noticed so far is when I ate my turkey deli meat and cheese for lunch it seemed to go down slower. I scheduled my next fill for the 30th. I can't wait to get this band working.

Thanks for the update WannaB, I don't have a fill until Jan and I am starting to get a little nervous. It's great to hear from people who are doing so well. Thanks again, Cindy