Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 10, 2008 Band Date

The hospital I'm going to does allow for same day release, but get this - my insurance company only covers the procedure if I am admitted over night. Isn't that crazy? First they fight not to cover you, then they insist on the most expensive option. . .In short, I'll be there overnight. I've told a couple of friends, my husband, and my kids.

By the way, Mjenkins, I'm so impressed that you've already lost 34+ pounds without the band. Way to go!

I don't know what time my surgery is. I do know that I will be there overnight, which is fine. I live 1 hour from the hospital so I would rather be with them the first night in case there is a problem. I can not believe it is less than 4 weeks from yesterday.

Is everyone doing lots of walking? I have been told getting moving before the surgery really helps in recovery.

Thanks MommyJD I appreciate it! I have been working hard to loose some weight before the surgery. I have been on a modified pre-op diet since September 16th, and I have just entered into the true pre-op diet this week! UGH!!! I have not been exercising yet but I am planning on starting this week. I lack the motivation but I need to get my butt in gear.:Dancing_sorry:

Hi Mjenkins! Am right there with you in the Pre in Pre-op!

Did you happen to see the 21-30-51 challenge? The 30 is for those who are about 30 days, lil less now, for 30 min challenge before surgery! I have done it on and off, but now I am challenged (have since Mon!) to do it for the 27 days left til our week of dates! Please join us!

Esp, if we don't, Florida Pete will win, and we can't let that happen, he is a guy! hehehe, Just kidding Pete...lead the way (only cause his wonderful Wife is helping):Dancing_sorry:!

Whoo Hoo...I got my health insurance approval today! By the way only 19 more days to go guys. I am very excited, but nervous at the same time. Is anyone else getting nervous?

I am getting nervous as well. And the feeding frenzy continues. Though I can see that I have slowed down as I have eaten a few big meals they just don't appeal to me as much. I started listening to the Beck Diet Solution a few weeks ago and I really feel like it is helping to manage the head hunger.

Hi Ladies, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing, am starting a Lean & Green Pre-op today (2 shakes, 1 meal).

Is everyone having jitters like me? 1 week to go, before I go down to San Francisco, and so much to do to prepare, nesting!

Hope everyone is WELL, not getting sick at all and ready!:thumbup:

I did my pre-admit at the hospital yesterday. My surgery is the first one scheduled for the day 7:30 in the morning. I have to be there by 5:00 to get prepped. Yuck! According to the pre-admit nurse, thats the best slot to get because then you are in and out without any unforseen delays. I am sure she knows what she is talking about. Good luck to everyone else. I can't wait to compare stories :cursing:

Hi Goose,

Sorry I haven't been around to post lately. I just saw your question about The Beck Diet Solution.

It is a book written by a cognative psychologist. I have found it to be wonderful in helping me prepare for my new way of eating. I read about it on another forum and purchased an audio copy of the book from audible.com I am sure you can look at a copy of it at the local Barnes and Noble or Borders. Amazon has a write up about it as well. I am sure they have a website as well. Yep. www.beckdietsolution.com

It is not a diet per se but teaching tool that helps you retrain yourself. I love it and think everyone should read or listen to it.

December 12th here. Just hanging out with you guys who are close to my date. I have to admit to feeling a bit weird about all of this. I know its necessary, for myself and for my children. But do I want to do this? Not particularly. I've gotten the self denial down pretty good, about how overweight I really am . At least until I look at the photos from our vacation. Its sort of a right brain, left brain thing going on. Yes, I'm doing the surgery. Yes, I'm following the pre-op diet, yes I will exercise more. But no, I'm not particularly happy about it. Maybe I'm just like the old ladies who sit around and complain.