Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the site Philly

Good morning everyone, I'm originally from Boston, currently reside in Philadelphia, been here for almost 5yrs now. I'm a single mother of a beautiful 3 year old girl; she is my sunshine and an inspiration to turn my life around.

Currently in school, take care of my mother and work full and part time.

I was told to join the website because the members on this site keep it real and any question's I may have, I can most certainly find the answer's here.

About myself, I'm 30 yrs old and about 5'9...weighing over 300lbs :smile2::blink::rolleyes2::drool::crying:I can go on endlessly on how I feel. I've been battling with the weight gain for almost 10yrs now. My goal is to weigh 175lbs or fit into a size 8!!!

I am sweets and a fast food eater :w00t::blush:...dislike veggies and fruits, even water! :thumbup:

I've tried, weight watchers, Ediets, Medifast, Cookie Diet, over the counter meds, you named it I've tried it!!

I strongly feel by submitting myself to the Lap Band and join a great support group I can shed these pounds for good. I really can't do this alone; I've failed doing so for 10yrs.

I really look forward being part of this site and hope to speak with those that can relate to me. :glare:

Chika

Edited by zolei1015

Hi,

I too am currently in PA but from somwhere else (Sacramento), however im in Allentown. I was wondering if you were considering the lapband surgery? I joined this site last week, and am addicted. Its an inspiration to read all the successful stories, and its also good to know EVERYTHING that it takes to be successful. As far as i know (not banded yet), you will have to change your eating habit after the band. The band is only to help you eat less food, and if you arent able to change your eating habits then the band will not be successful for you. Well i really just wanted to drop by and welcome you! Good Luck!!

I'm still debating on which procedure to get? :-( I really appreciate for you stopping by and welcoming me onto the site. Have you decided and have a date yet?

Hey im from philly 2 (well bensalem suburbs of philly) i got lapband 9/8 and luv it...if u have any questions feel free to ask me..good luck

Im also a Philly lapbander.....

Im 30 yrs old, in school, single momma:tongue:

Im 14 months post op....have had some ups and downs the last few months and had to go without a fill, which slowed up my weightloss, but Im otherwise happy with my band.....

If theres anything I can help you with be sure to hit me up....

Good luck with everything

and welcome to the LBT family.....

ttys

Wendy

Thank you in welcoming me to the site, can you tell me what complications you encoutered and where was your surgery done?

Thanks,

Chika

Thank you in welcoming me to the site, can you tell me what complications you encoutered and where was your surgery done?

Thanks,

Chika

Only problem I had was when we were trying to get to my "green zone" or my right level of fill, I felt at 5cc that I needed a little more restriction and actually got an overfill. This is not uncommon when trying to get at the right level, and usually you would just get unfilled. However I wasnt really sure what was going on so I went awhile without telling the doc thinking the puking would stop, but i let it go too long. They had to unfill me totally and I went for a month without a fill. Since then we have been messing around with what level is right and ive had to get unfilled a few times. Only problem with that is, that I either dont lose without a fill in or.....I gain 3-5lbs. So right now we are being conservative with 3cc in. We are gradually putting my fill in so my esphogus doesnt spaz out on me and has time to get used to it......

Compared to some ppl this minor problem is barely eligible for posting....its really common, and easily fixable.

I had my surgery at Jeanes Hospital by Dr Christopher Kowalski. I would recommend them to anyone. Their staff is great!

Hey Crummy78, I had a consultation with Dr. John Meilahn at Temple Hospital a few months ago, he suggested I get the Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, because of my eating habits. I have to make a decision soon, because I continue to gain weight. :-(

I'm glad things are much better, best of luck on your journey to weight loss. :-)

Chika