Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New/Nouveau!!!Dr. Marc Savoie, Bathurst N.B.

Hi Dona,

I don't know if it's going to be the same for you but about my bowel mouvement, of course it's way less than what it was before because you eat way less so it goes together. Eating your fibers helps a lot like "Fiber 1". Usually, every second day I would go. There's no problem with the pills just maybe the Vitamins ones but I use shewable ones. I hope those infos. are going to help you. I know before the surgery we have so many questions so if you have other questions, don't be shy. I'll try to answer them the best way I can.

By the way, Happy Holidays!

clempier

Hi Dona,

I forgot to ask you how you were since you started your Boost Diabetic? Must be harder during the Holidays but it's SO WORTH IT!!!!! So, keep on the good work.

clempier

hello clempier... i started my boost on the 29th a day earlier than planed,,i tought it was the 30th when it wasnt..lol well today is my 4th day,,ohh wasnt good for the first three days,,,headake like u wouldnt believe,,yesterday i was soo heart sick,,but i took gravel and after several hours i felt better,and i was sooo weak in the am,,ohh soo not used to this,,almost gave up and but today was a much better day,,sooo hopefully ill make it,,im not hungry but i soo miss all the food, ,,ok well ill let u know how i make out,,,tks,xox

Hi Dona, keep up the good work with the Boost. It gets easier. I had my surgery on the 2nd of Dec.

hi changing my life....well i must admit today is my 5th day on it and again its been alittle better..just weak alittle. but not heart sick. went to Walmart to get some chocolate boost,,ohh that vanilla is sooo sweet,,like sickning sweet but funny ahh its starting to taste better,,lol im excited to see how much i lost already cause ohh it shows already when i started i was 298lbs i feel it in my cloths already,,,,u know how u feel soo blaaa well i dont feel that any more,,and how u dont feel soo stuffed,,i even seen my ankels,,,there not swollen ohh that feels good,,and i even started to feel good about me again..just with those few days on boost..maybe im nuts but to me i feel like im more alive and want to do something...just feels great...but most of all more amazed that im not hungry...ok chow later

Hi Dona, I`m looking forward to news of your progress! I have seen Dr. Savoie in mid december and I will see him again in february. I am so looking forward to getting the band! Did he ask you to lose some weight before getting the band? I have lost 5 pounds so far, that's a big jump for me!! It's hard to wait, now I remember what christmas was like 35 years ago! :smile2: I hope it's going well for you!

Hiiiii Rosie...well i have 6 more sleeppssss,,,lol and im there,,,im scared and excited at the same time..well he didnt aske me to lose weight cause i had only gained 7 lbs in 10 months from seeing him so he knew i watched my self as best i could but i had to quit smoking and i did,,yahoooo and now im on the boost,,well everyone is different but for me the 2nd and 3rd was the days of testd for me,,i was heart sick,headack and i ws soo weak,,,and of course the hollday for new year i couldnt get ahold of the dietiton to ask if i could take gravel but i did get ahold ofsomeone and after few hours that was taken care of,,and when i got home i took tynel and got rid of headack,,but i told my husband that night that if i wasnt better in the am i was not going threw the opperation but amazingly i was great in the am.. so here i am,,,lost 11lbs in 7 days... and im excited to find out how much more on opperation day,,,its amallzing how i still cook for my family and everything without licking my fingers and cooking doent bother me,,,so that means im ready for all of this....ill keep you posted for sure,,,and if u need to know anything just asking ok,,,dona

Hi Dona,

You're doing very very well. Like you say, if you're able to cook and everything it means you're ready and it's a good thing. I'm sure everything is going to be fine and you won't regret your decision. Keep on the good work.

hello sweetshe,,,congratulations,,well i had my operation on wed,,,,all is good,,,,just sore,,feel like ive been run over with a truck,,but today its alittle better slept on the lazy boy chair but tonight i think ill be able to lay flat,,going to take a shower later,,and i just cant see me sitting around alll daaaaayyy long i soo could go to work but i will be a good girl and take at least a week off,,,,just my tailbone geting sore from the sitting,,had my Breakfast, ,,then boost for dinner, ,and i cant wait to have Tomato Soup for suppr,,lol,,,even if its just 4 oz illl be glad,,lol,,,,,i was suprised where the port ended up,,i was cut all under the breast line,,,,and the port is there also,,,,he also fixed my hernia at the same time ,,soo im glad about that part,,,,,ok im exxctied to start the journey and start to walk and enjoy life again,xo ohh ps,,,i lost exactly 20 lbs on my boost for pre op,,,he ws impressed,,,and so was i,,,ok,,later

Edited by Dona

I am glad to hear everything is going well. I had bloodwork done on Friday. I have scheduled 8 days off as we will be going into March Break after that and then I have access to our school elevator. Quick question for you or anyone...Are you able to take your daily medications during the two weeks before the operation or do you have to stop taking them? (Vitamins and prescriptions) Take care. I will probably have plenty of questions to come.

Hi there welll as for me being sore i am not,,my problem is that yesterday i was soo weak that i ended up drinking to fast and making a gas bubble in my tummy which it is not fun to have,,and i was dehidrated so they gave me some stuff in a bag then i felt so good after,,,,so today is another day,,i cant get used to just the little bit of liquids u get to have,,,soo ill see how that goes again,,,as for your medications well i took all of mine till i see the pre op nurse and she will tell u when u have to quit wich ones before the surgery i had to stop one a week before,,,,,,sooo it wouldnt affect my bleeding in the or,,,,,other than that its alll good,,i even lost 20 lbs for my two weeks on boost,,,he was happy and knew i didnt cheat,,lol ok well off to do the dishes,,,,,,any time u want to know something just ask,,,,ill do my best,,xo

Hi to all

I had my surgery on Nov 4 and I have 63 pound gone already. It when perfectly for me and I had my first fill in middle december and all is good. Personally the worst was the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Now I am getting use to all those change and I have 0 regret!!! If any of you have question and want to contact me my email nancyanne_@hotmail.com

Have a good day!!

hiii nancy omg u are doing great for sure,,,,wow,,i cant believe it,,,im having a very hard time with this two week thing,,,i had surgery on jan 13 last wed and i went to the hospital yesterday due to dehidration,,and i was soo soo weak,,,,ohh id love to see how u felt after the sugery,,im not sore at all,,its not that,,,but i do find my face and skin color is yellow,,,,am i ok is it normal,,,,,i need to know,,,,plz,,,,

Hi Donna

If you want I will be home tonight ,,,,do you prefers to call me???? I dont mind at all :(