Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New/Nouveau!!!Dr. Marc Savoie, Bathurst N.B.

lol your right...I am stress about the same thing.

Hi Nancy,

I'm so happy for you. I'm doing really really good. I got my first fill this morning, 1cc and I'm going back in 4 weeks. He said he preffers to put salin little by little and I agreed with him.

Be sure to drink only your Boost diabetic and your Water for your 2 weeks prior your surgery. If you don't they can cancel your surgery right there and I'm sure that's not what you want. Right now Dr. Savoie is almost done all his lapband patients he saw in October. He will do his November patients in August, his December ones in September and so on.

I'm planning to start a support group in Bathurst but it won't be before September. I think it's really important.

Anyways, if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them. I'm there to help.

clempier

Hi Shipp9727,

If I can encourage you, before the surgery I was scared of that but it's not the case. I'm not saying I don't sometimes eat a bit much but you can't. Mind you, I was anxious to have my first fill because I was hungry but I tried really hard not to eat between meals and I weight my food (max. 8oz) and it really helped me. I got my first fill today so I'm on liquid for 2 days, soft food for 2 days and back to normal the 5th day. Yours is coming up!!! How's your Boost diabetic and Water day going?

clempier

haven't started it yet..... will start on wednesday... i'm more anxious bout the 2 weeks prior than anything else... lol

Hey Clempier

Thank you for the Boost diabetic, I've been on a list in moncton 6 years before transfert to Dr Savoie I dont want to lose my chance :bored:

Thanks

Ouff I have started the boost yesterday.... wow clampier your tuff 2 weeks on that i slike starving yourself for 2 weeks. It's only my second day and i'm going crazy... lol... But when I think of what's at the end of the line I tell myself that I need to tuff it out.

Shipp9727

Hang in there!!! You have almost 1 week done.

Last time you when to the clinic what exactly do they tell you? I know you meet the dietican....but what else...does it take a long time? Do you see the doctor??? I dont know what to expect. Do they take blood test??? If you could give me an idea I would appreciated.

Hopefully your week won't be too long on boots...

Nancy

You'll see the nurse first she'll ask you some question take youre BP pulse and so on. After you'll meet with the dietician and she'll explain you everything about your diet than you'll see dr. Savoie and he will decide if your ready or not for the surgery. If you haven't change your bad food habbit he might put you a diet for a few months and do the surgery after. But if you have changed youre habbit he will give you youre surgery date. Everything take around 1.5 hr. hope it helps.

Keith

Thank you for you information, it will certainly help.

When you say so on....do they take blood test???

hey there everyone

im right happy for you guys i cant wait for it to my turn but i think i have a long way to go cuz i only got my refferal at the end of april so :biggrin: ha well i still cant wait

question : does it mean that i have to see dr.savoie 2 time before i get a date ?? cuz this will be my first time seing ... my family doctor refered me to dr Savoie and then at the same time he transfered me to Dr Khan so i saw him on april 28th after that dr khan said that he was going to send another refereal to dr Savoir

Annie :sad:

Hi to all,

After my first fill, I started to have Constipation problem which is normal for some. It's strange for me because in 50 years I never had any problem with that. This morning, I ate Cereal (Special K with All Bran), hope it's going to help.

Also, I have difficulty to eat bread.

I called the Bariatric Clinic and I talk to the nurse because the dietician is on vacation. I know I can eat Whole Wheat Crackers so I'll eat that instead of bread. I had to make sure for the nutrition facts so 6 craquers = 1 piece of bread. I have a bit of difficulty to eat in the morning but as the day go by, I can eat more. I even have to restrict myself during the evening. It always been my down fall. Someone told me to "close the restaurant at 8" meaning you stop eating at 8. Try to not go in the kitchen after 8.

I have to go see Dr. Savoie next month (on the 17th) to see if I need another fill. If I'm still hungry between meal he'll probably put more saline.

How are you doing Keith? I think of you everyday because I know what you're going through. Keep on the energy and keep your eyes on the goal. You can always call me:)

Pierrette

Hi Clempier,

I'm doing fine I keep myself actif and I dont crave any junk food. I've lost 20 lbs and still have 3 days to go b4 the surgery. The first week was tough because boost made me vomit but now they switch me on Glucerna.... SOOOOO better... They are actually good.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I just got back from our week end trip and I was wondering how you were. I'm glad they could tell you to use something else than Boost. Gongrats for your 20 pounds. You must be really proud of yourself. I'm so glad you're good now. Your surgery is pretty soon, you must be so anxious about it. I'm going for my second fill on the 17th. I don't know how many I'll need but I'll go with whatever my body will stabilize.

Keep me posted, please.

Pierrette:)

Hi Pierrette!

Just wanted to let you know that Keith underwent his Lap Band surgery this morning. Everything went perfectly and he is now resting at the hospital. He will be back home tomorrow. He is in good spirits and recovering quite well !

He most likely will keep you updated this week on here.

If you ever feel like coming over for coffee and sharing your experiences with Keith, you are more than welcome too.. it's not like it's far... we live in the same subdivision! ha!ha!

Hope all if well with you.. Keith talks to me about you all the time and your progress. I'm always looking forward to an update!!

Take Care!

Genevieve