Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New/Nouveau!!!Dr. Marc Savoie, Bathurst N.B.

Hi StellaRae

I`éve seen doctor Savoir first time in November 2008 for the first time. I when to see him for the second ans last time in august 2009. I receive my call from the doctor office october 9 and I am starting my boots on november 21 and will get operate on november 4 in the morning. So on october 19 when you will meet with doctor savoie he will make you meet the dieticien first and tell you ruffly when you will have the operation and they will call you when you dont really espect and give you your date. Hope it help :confused:

Hi StellaRae

I`éve seen doctor Savoir first time in November 2008 for the first time. I when to see him for the second ans last time in august 2009. I receive my call from the doctor office october 9 and I am starting my boots on november 21 and will get operate on november 4 in the morning. So on october 19 when you will meet with doctor savoie he will make you meet the dieticien first and tell you ruffly when you will have the operation and they will call you when you dont really espect and give you your date. Hope it help :confused:

I`ve made a mistake I start my boots this wednesday. On october 21...sorry

Hi to all,

Sorry if I haven't be on but I'm a teacher and the beggining of each year are always ectic.

As you all know, I had my surgery last June and I lost 45 pounds so far. Being 50 and having diabetese makes it harder to lose weight as fast as I would or could do. Although, doing it slowly is good in a way because the skin has time to replace itself where it belongs.

Next month will probably be the last time I go for a fill. For the ones who are wondering if Dr. Savoie is good with the follow ups. Don't worry, Dr. Savoie is a fantastic surgeon and he takes care of his patients. The bariatric teams are awesome. Don't be shy to call if you have any questions. I do call them and they are always nice with me and they won't give you stupid answers. If they don't know, they'll check and call you back.

Having that surgery was one of the best thing that ever happen to me. The Boost phase wasn't that bad. The surgery itself and the recovery wasn't hard at all. A surgery remaind a surgery and you have to follow their instructions. At the clinic, there's a poster saying that you can follow a course called "My health, my choice" and there's a phone number you can call if you want to join. I'm going to start a course January 22nd in French at "Le Centre Chrétien Évangélique" in Beresford. Other people give the course in English too. Just call and they'll put you on a list. The course is for people with chronic sickness but after that course maybe you'll be interesting to start a support group just for lapbands. I would be happy to join you.

clempier

Hi, I called the office this morning to know where they were with request. They received mine in March 16th 2009. But they are still in request from November 2008. So for those who are waiting...here is the answer that I had. The secretary said that I will probably be only in March...I was desapointed :wink2: But it is worth to wait...Wish it could be tomorrow morning!

:thumbup: Can someone please give me his phone number and address.

also, how much does the operation cost and who covers it.

Thanks

Mike

You can call his office at 506-548-9960 or 544-3710. He has a clinic at the Bathurst hospital. The lady only takes calls on mondays.

The operation cost nothing that I heard of, its covered by medicare of NB.

Usually it paid by medicare. Give them a call they area great !

:cool:OK. Thanks .Your all wonderful

Cheers

Big Mike

Hi to all

I had my operation on nov 4 so 6 days ago. It when perfectly. I did'nt hurt. It when very good.

If anyone have any specific question sent me a message I will answer.

Have a good day

Hi to all

I had my operation on nov 4 so 6 days ago. It when perfectly. I did'nt hurt. It when very good.

If anyone have any specific question sent me a message I will answer.

Have a good day

I'm glad for you. The only time in your life you don't mind being called a loser:thumbup:

Ok questions I got:wub:

`

1/ When did you give your request.

2/ How long did you wait

3/ How did you pay. etc..etc..

If you could give us a play buy play of your experience.

I'm really glad for you Nancy.

cheers

Big Mike

Hi Radar2

My request was sent 6 years ago on moncton. Last years in november they call me and ask if I was interrested to be transfert to Bathurst I said yes. 3 days after I had my first appointement i beleive on nov9 2008 with Dr Savoie. He told me I was approuve right away by medicare because my BMI was 57.

I when to see him again on august 17 2009 and he told me I would be operated in November because he wanted to prepare his Surgery team a little bit more because he have'nt dont much in summer and I was a high BMI. So i when on November 4.

Like everyone I when on Boots for 2 weeks and today I have 1 week and 2 days after Surgery and it been going much better that I would have imagine. It does not hurt...not for me ...not yet anyway. I havent vomit or any other complication yet.

I lost 26 pound in 3 weeks and it work!!

My first fill is on decmber 14 and I beleive that if everything continue like it started I will be very happy to have chosen that option.

Take Care

Nancy

Thanks Nancy.:biggrin:

I just got the news that my blood sugar is at 18. I'm ready to give up on all of this.My weight problem is going to kill me. Oh well. :biggrin:

Hello Everyone... Seen Dr Savoie on Dec12/08 for the first time,and did not hear anything until Oct19/09 where i met his team and then him and said i was accepted for the lap band...yahooo!!!!! Finially... and last week i got my call with my date Jan 13/10.. so today i went for all my blood work and my ECG.. next wed im in bathurst to meet for my pre op.. then on the 26 of dec i start my boost then two weeks later ill have my opperation..Im nervous,excited too. i had to quit smoking the doc said,,and i did do that on oct 19 at 9pm.,.,i think it will be harder on me the boost two weeks that it was to quit smoking...lol what do u think??? Welll ill keep on checking out this site......glad we have one to ask the questions and stuff....what i am wondering about,,,is on the boost tell me that u dont feel hungry and im worried that i will be weak,,,do u think its like that...

Hi Dona and all the other ones,

I'm so happy for you. It's been 6 months now since my surgery and I never regreted one minute of it. I lost 53 pounds so far. It's going down little by little. I have to say that being 50 and having diabetes don't help but putting clothes aside because there too big is awesome. The 2 weeks on Boost diabetic is nothing but you have to stay focus. Because if you don't lose the fat around your liver, they can postpone your surgery. So, think first before cheating. The surgery is so worth it, I would run to have it again. I also stop smoking a couple of years ago and it's more difficult then taking Boost but then again I'm so happy I'm not smoking and I have no desire to start again.

Gook Luck,

hi clempier thanks for the welcome..yes im excited to be going and when i hear about the good progress like you have i get more excited to be able to be doing it..i have a question for you what about when u go to take pills after the opperation how is it and what about your bowels do u they still work well,,,lol im kinda worried about that part cause i have lazy bowels..ok do let me know,,,,tks,