Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Bandiversary---Wouldn't change a thing!

Hello,

Congratulations on your progress. :). I need a bit of help. I was banded 8/04/08 with a starting weight of 210lbs. I now weigh 186 and have been up and down from there since october and need help. I feel that I should be losing more. Can you give me some tips? I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks for sharing. I was just approved by my insurance and will be banded February 24th. I'm still debating on which band...my dr. let's me choose. Any suggestions?

Your story was like you were writing about me. Same weight and sizes too! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I was banded 3/31 and I am so scared I will not take off the weight. You give me hope!

:thumbdown: Thanks for sharing your story. it's very inspiring!I was banded March 19, 2009. I had my first fill May 4, 2009. After the surgery i had no restriction and nothing in the band. They put 5cc in at first fill and I still don't have any restriction. I have been very disouraged with my physician. His approach is not individualized at. (Empty bad after surgery, 1st fill at 6weeks 2 fill 6 weeks later not a day sooner) i've done okay i guess, I've lost 28 lbs. But as I said I have no restriction and could eat the house down. I am keeping my self on track but just barely and the longer it goes on the mmore discouraged I get. Thay's why I was actually looking at this website today to try to find some encouragement.

Congratulations!!! that is super great. Just think that you kids will be able to play with mommy for so much longer.

I am a grandmother who at 61 said the same thing as you. No diet worked because I was always hungry and could not think of anything but food. I had my lapband surgery May 22 and feel great.

Keep up the good work. Am proud of you.

What am I doing wrong it's been over a year, actually it's been 14 months. I've lost 30lbs to date. I have a .9cc band and I'm at .6cc. Something is wrong

catchmi101 - you probably don't have the correct restriciton. I'm at 3.9cc in a 4.0 cc band. I did not get restriction until I was at 3.9 cc's. I had to have 14 fills and 3 unfills to get to the sweet spot. Don't give up and talk to your doctor about it. If you are following the band rules (eating Protein first, not drinking with your meals, etc) I'm sure you need more restriction. Its amazing what a few drops can do.

July 1st 2009 was my one year anniversary. I only regret that I didn't have it sooner. It hasn't all been roses. I had to have a revision of my port because it tore loose. That second surgery went great. My ONLY problem is going to the bathroom. Seems after a year my body would have adjusted and I would no longer have this problem. If I don't take a stimulant, I don't go. I have tried every thing I read on here but nothing has worked.

I love my band though and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I have the same bathroom problem. I was taking stool sofeners twice a day before surgery. Since surgery I continued that but that is often not enough, and my PCP suggested something like Senokot on a daily basis. She was worried the straining would do something. She said cancer patients take it daily because of the effect of some of their meds. It has been better, though not perfect. I hate that bloated feeling.

I have tried it all. My dr suggests Miralax. It has no taste at all, but I wanted to throw up everytime I used it. Exlax pills seem to be the best yet. Just afraid to use this too often.