Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yikes!!! 2 days until band day!

WOW! I'm getting very nervous. My band day is Wednesday, less than 48 hrs away! Yikes!!!! SCARY!!!!! I'm on full liquids today and Clear Liquids tomorrow. Starting to really get the nerves. Any moral support would be very helpful!

Wish I was in your shoes !!! Mine is on November 6th. Will be starting liquid diet on Wednesday. Everything WILL go well and we all WILL succeed !!

:biggrin:

kjhack: I'm having surgery on Wed. Oct 22nd too!. I've been on my liquid diet for 8 1/2 days. I am looking forward to my surgery date. I have 100 pounds to lose too. This liquid diet has helped me lose 10lbs so far. I look forward to hearing from you again, maybe we could be support buddies. This is my first time on this site.

tm12paws :biggrin:

Best of luck to both of you for your operations. It's a really exciting time for you and the future can be very positive.

Thinking of you on Wednesday.

Good luck...being on the liquids after is the most difficult time. I'm 2 yrs banded and went from a size 16 to a size 4. This was the best thing I had ever done. I thought I was getting old because of the sore joints and getting tired by the end of the day, but I am 46 and feel better than I did when I was 30. Follow the docs instructions on eating progression, because this will be a key factor in keeping your band healthy and losing the weight. Keeping a food diary is also very helpful, my RD recommended 6 small meals daily and it worked very well. Some meals were only a yogurt(SF and FF of course) or a handful of almonds, but I never felt deprived after getting off the liquids. Good luck.

Hi, my date is Oct. 24, and I know how you feel , just have a postive attitude and you'll do great.

bradley18:tt2:

Dont worry! I just had my surgery on Thursday. I was so freaked out with the anesthesia thing, but the doctors were so cool and reassuring. I was out cold before I even realized and then all of a sudden I was awake again. I worried for nuthin. I have some tips for you. In recovery your mouth an lips will feel so dry. Ask the nurse for some swabs for that- she'll probably give them to you anyway. They moisten your mouth.

Wear something very loose and comfortable, like sweats. If you have them, slip-on sneakers, bring chapstick, and a pillow for the ride home to stick between you and your seatbelt. Make sure you take your pains killers in and out of the hospital at first even if you think you dont need them. I stopped taking mine Saturday. Walk as much as possible to prevent clots. You will feel sore, but that gets better. My left side hurts a little more than the right. I was hungry and the nutritionist told me it was probably head hunger, so that made me feel better. I'm allowed one shake per day, Water, plus clear broth, tea, crystallite, and I have a little coffee w/ half & half and splenda in the morning. Except for the coffee, the other stuff counts towards your required liquid intake- for me its 64 oz. I was very anxious up until surgery and now I'm past that. You will feel that way too. Good Luck!