Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are WE up to these days?

Hello to all my Crazy Ate band mates!

It's been awfully quiet around here! In fact, I have a little notice at the top of my page that reads....

Hi JudiM ! It's been over 30 days since you've posted on LapBandTalk.com . Are you getting shy on us ? ;-)

Hello JudiM it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

I'm going to make that message disappear right NOW!!!

:biggrin::lol::mellow::lol::cool2::lol::w00t::lol::tt2::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow! 30 days not posting? Shame on me! I guess that's what happens when you're living life like a normal person.....huh?

So, I'm thinking that all of my other band mates are probably doing the same thing! Yahoo! That's what we've been working towards...right? Our Lapbands are now as common (and as necessary) as our right arms these days. They are so much a part of us! So, we're not talking Lapband 24/7. So....what are we doing now that we're not Lapbanding constantly? I know we're not eating......:tt2:

So....let's switch things up a little here and share what's going on in our lives right now that are a direct result of our Lapbands (and that have nothing to do with our Lapbands.....). In other words, how are we spending our time....now that we're not hanging out here so much and talking Lapband.....

I'll start....

-My blog...of course! What started out as a way to focus myself after my surgery has turned into something joyful and has reconnected me with some old and dear friends, brought me many new ones and given me the chance to not only write but to think about writing as more than something "I may do someday...". Plus, it's opened up my mind quite a bit....I'm finding new blogs everyday about so many different topics...it's been fun!

-Shopping. The change of seasons mean a change of wardrobe. And, nothing fits from last year!!! Shopping is a huge time drainer these days (in a good way!). I have no idea what my size is, I have no idea what looks good on me and I have no idea what my "non obese" style is! I can't just walk in and buy some shapeless 3X and walk out the door without trying it on anymore! So, I am very familiar with every dressing room in every TJ Max, Marshall's, Ross's, Chico's and Coldwater Creek (to name a few) within a 3 hour radius!!!

-Primping and tweaking. Yeah, I spend lots of time each night finding just the right outfit for the next day. My old uniforms of black pants and "whatever" tops and blazers are a thing of the past!

-Walking! I walk very early each morning with a walking buddy and take frequent walk & talks at lunch instead of talk & eat. Plus, I've discovered a whole new way to get to some of those favorite places in my little uptown area (the area that made us buy our house where we did in the first place!)....I walk there! No more parking issues and lots more exploring!

So, those are just a few of the new things I do these days!

How about you????

Edited by JudiM

I hate that message! Me, SHY!?!?!

I've been really bad the last two months or so. Not weighing my food, not planning meals in advance--just eating what's at hand and stopping when I'm full.

And you know what? I've gained ONE POUND--from my all-time low. Gotta luv this band! I'm back to focusing on me this week, so we'll see how it quickly it melts away.

I'm attaching a link to a video (youtube, in case it's blocked at your work). I'm in the arena with two of my lovely, naturally skinny friends. We're dressed alike, and all riding the same color horse. When I first saw the video, I had a terrible moment of vertigo--I couldn't find MYSELF! I've always been the big girl, so I've just used butt size and thigh size to identify ME from a distance.

So when you watch, try to pick the bariatric patient out of the group. No fair waiting until the group splits and the camera follows me (thank you, hubby, at least you recognized me!)

TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a Tiny URL

We picked the music from a karaoke version, and I'd never heard the lyrics until we were in the arena: "You cut me open, and I keep bleeding love".

I don't know whose thighs and butt you are looking at but I could not tell ANY size difference between you and the other riders. Hot stuff! :)

Thanks for starting this thread Judi - we seem to have lost most of our Crazy Ates or they are in PS land.

I just typed up a long update and some how deleted the whole thing when spell checking - errrr!!! I'll start over later tonight.