Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought everybody would need to see this

I recently watched an article about an investigation done by abc

investigators.

Such investigation went undercover and took place in Tj. Mexico.

They were looking for any flaws that could be found on clinics that

perform gastric bands surgical procedures.

They found one according to their investigation.

Medical clinic is the one on the eye of the storm. In which it's

patient coordinator is ANDRES BETANCOURT.

Acoording to the abc reporters one patient from Southern California

had his essofagus pierced. They were acepting patients with very low

BMIs and ANDRES BETANCOURT made the following statement: This is my

mine of gold.

I'm adding the link to the abc

video:http://www.abc15.com/news/investigators/index_story.asp?

did=19890

I trully don't believe these flaws have anything to do with the

clinics.

I believe it has to do with the patient coordinator ANDRES

BETANCOURT.

Before my procedure I did my own research. I made so many calls and

I even took my self over the border to get just the right clinic and

surgeon to have my procedure with.

I run my self into ANDRES BETANCOURT. He was already working for

Molding Clinic.

When I asked him about the whole procedure I pretended I did know

little about it. This to find out how truthful he was.

He was a big liar and exagerated the whole procedure. He

has worked for other cllnics and that he has had one too many

problems with many patients regarding everything about the procedure

including follow up treatments.

Some of these clinics are Baja Nor, Dr. Huacuz and Molding Clinic

the latest. With the first two he got into so much conflicts that

they couldn't keep him with them any longer.

But what's worst is that he already has a web page named betancourt

medical center. ! Can you imagine? He is not even a doctor! What do

you think motivated him to have his own web page and clinic? Of

course, he stated him self: It's my mine of gold.

He is nefast and should be considered a social risk that loves

taking chances with people's health regardles our health risks. http://www.bandsters.wordpress-by.org/abc-news-andres-betancourt.html

Edited by johnnyreno

I had my surg done Aug 07 at Betancourt Clinic....As far as my experience goes Andres and the whole group were great to me. Very

personable and caring.

Just my two cents on the subject....

Thanks for sharing the story. We all need to be aware of certain risks that can occur by believing in unscrupulous people.

I had my surg done Aug 07 at Betancourt Clinic....As far as my experience goes Andres and the whole group were great to me. Very

personable and caring.

Just my two cents on the subject....

I hope to god you can say that in a year best wishes.

I hope to god you can say that in a year best wishes.

That is such a lovely response unless I am misreading the tone . . . kind of like saying if you are still around, or if you don't get hit by a bus, or if your stomach doesn't explode, only slightly more subtle.

Anyway, it is always better to be cautious and there are good providers and bad providers of any services. It is best to be informed of potential problems in advance, expecially where health is concerned.

I guess I might be misreading the tone. It's probably best not to say things like that to people and give them reason to worry.

I had my surgery at Betancourt, jan /08. |It was uneventful and I was completely satisfied with the treatment etc...

Sorry, hit the enter key by mistake!

I have read really derogatory remarks about the Betancourt clinics on this site for awhile now. At first they alarmed me and I began to panic thinking I was done for. As time had gone by, I have met many other people (in person and on line) who have also been banded by Betancourt clinics. The vast majority have had a good experience, I really havn't met anyone who would not do it all over again..

I appreciate accurate information when I am making a life-altering decision. I don't appreciate fear-mongering and rumours that are not backed up by facts. Remember, there are many of us who read these posts who were banded at that clinic and begin to worry and rethink our decision (even though there is no factual evidence that we should), what you are acheiving here is not really productive or beneficial to anyone other than maybe another clinic who is picking up potential patients.

If you have facts backing up your claim, lets hear them.

I remember awhile back, a few posts with the same tone and content by someone posing as an actual patient of Betancourt clinic only to be discovered to be someone working for another clinic!

As far as this type of surgery being a "gold mine" for Betancourt, I suppose it is also a gold mine for any other DR. involved in this or any other type of procedure/surgery that is provided at a more accessible and less-expensive rate than is possible in another country, right?

I would like to hear the facts.

Thanks Mica for the post. I to get tired of reading post on here bashing Betancourt. I find that to be a very strange remark by Johnnyreno, guess I shoud say the same in response because ANY ONE AT ANY TIME CAN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANY SURGICAL PROC NO MATER WHO It IS DONE BY. I can only repeat again "MY" experience at Betancourt went very well.

KJDVille

I tried accessing the video you referenced in your post and it is "unavailable". Can you send me another link as I have tried to go through the abc website with no luck.

That is such a lovely response unless I am misreading the tone . . . kind of like saying if you are still around, or if you don't get hit by a bus, or if your stomach doesn't explode, only slightly more subtle.

Anyway, it is always better to be cautious and there are good providers and bad providers of any services. It is best to be informed of potential problems in advance, expecially where health is concerned.

Andres Betancourt has one of the worst reps in Mexico. He earned that rep.

I too, hope you do well in years to come. Many don't.

I can give you the name of the surgeon who saved my life after the worst case of erosion he has ever seen. oh p.s my wife also had her band fail from andres betancourt medical, and our surgeries were both performed by daniel huacus, my wife almost died after 3 days in her second surgery to remove the band when the idot huacus blotched the surgery at the so called moulding clinic. where they sterilize the instruments in a 5 gallon bucket of bleach. hes no surgeon.... so dont question my integrity, oh and i guess the abc news was also lying. i doubt it you are even a legitimate member speaking like you are on defense of that poser andres betancourt. feds have some questions for him real soon.

heather im so sorry if it sounded off tone i never meant it to sound any way but sympathetic. ,,,, i have just been through too much to not try and save someone from the same night mare. he has no idea what he has caused. im sure i will see him in person soon so i can explain it fully to him.

I'm so sorry about your difficulties, Johnnyreno, and thank God your wife is alive. Life is precious! I thank you for posting the information about Betancourt et. al. Even though it might scare people who have had their procedures at one of the clinics, the valid links you have provided, should give anyone pause. It isn't a comfortable feeling to second guess onesself, especially when you have already had a procedure at the offending medical facility, but isn't it better to err on the side of too much information so that you can at least seek additional medical care to find out if you are okay and your procedure went well?

"They were looking for any flaws that could be found on clinics that

perform gastric bands surgical procedures."

Hey, why go all the way to Mexico to do this story. They could have saved the money and stayed in the states. There are multiple places that have had complications with patients.