Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Days~ Join me please!

ALoud I feel your pain and boy will I benefit from the band I can see it already! I have the same issue late night eating nad being too tired to work out not a good combo! Do the ebst you can and I think your idea of an am workout is a good one. My Mom offered to buy me a good treadmill for my home I am going to take her up on that offer!

Yes girl!

Whatever you can do to get it in, needs to happen. I am not really seeing this scale move like I want, so I will be at the gym again. I want to be in the 270's by Christmas. I am trying to have small expectations instead of the big ones. Cause this fat is fighting to stay. :lol: But, I refuse. I got this surgery for a reason, and I will put in the work to make it happen.

Hey Ladies,

I'm doing well - 3 weeks out from surgery and feelin' fine. I've lost 15 lbs since being banded, 25 total. The head hunger is roaring with a vengeance...transitioning from mushies to some solids, which explains my only losing a pound last week.

I'm not real happy about that, but I know it's still more than I would have lost before I was banded!

Going back to the gym today - I walk every day with my family and our dog, but for instance today I didn't get in my lunchtime walk because of work and the weather. I will hit the gym tonight - a combination of aerobics and weights. I've gotta keep the aerobics in my routine because they help me get stronger (especially my heart) and I love the weights because I like feeling physically stronger and I know the more muscle I put on, the more calories I will burn at rest.

Keep on going, ladies - we are working to become healthier versions of ourselves, and we will succeed!:wink:

Okay people,

I didn't go to the gym, because I was not feeling like going back out into the rain. I did my walk-away the pounds dvd. I did the 2 mile walk. I was so proud of myself. I have never completed the 2 mile (not because I couldn't, I was just so lazy), and I am so happy! I know you guys would understand. I feel so accompolished, and I got a better workout than I would have had just sitting on the bike. Yayyyy!!!! Well I have completed 3 days of working out so far this week. I am so proud of myself.

Keep of the good work people

Checkin' in, Sistas!

Been to the gym the past two days - Wednesday was 30 min on the ArcTrainer, 20 min on the treadmill, and yesterday I did 30 min on the Elliptical. Felt good but tired both days. Will go back today and do more aerobics.

I'm working on strengthening my heart, since I've had some troubles, and will add in the weights next week. Gotta find the right routine - I've only got 3 weekdays in the gym, because Monday and Tuesday I have classes in the evening.

Will get in either a long walk or a gym session on Saturday as well to make it 4 days. Don't feel like I'm losing much weight, but my clothes and even my coats are getting looser, so I'm happy for now.

Keep up the good work, ladies - remember that ANYTHING positive you do exercise-wise is better than doing NOTHING...

I will join you. I have been away a few weeks. Last week went on my first cruise with my daughters. Had a great time. Didn't gain a pound - I was pleased. My daughters put on 5 to 10 pounds each.

I agree with you. I got this surgery, too, for a reason and I am going to work it. I am a slow loser maybe it's because I am 62 years old. Who knows - but I have lost 55 pounds in 9 months and I am pleased. I average 1 pound a week.

Mornin' Sistas!

I'm posting to say I worked out three days last week - missed Friday (forgot my shoes) but went to the gym with DD on Saturday morning and did 30 min on the elliptical and a full circuit through the weight machines. Felt tired but good at the end.

Down one more pound, putting me at 239 - territory I haven't seen in I don't know when!

Now if I could just get my 'fat mind' to shut up and stop asking for food - I ate Breakfast this morning and I already want something else to eat! I'm going to wait a few more minutes and then I have a yogurt in the work fridge.

If nothing else, I've learned how powerful our minds can be! I've called my surgeon to try and get a fill before the holidays, otherwise I'll have to wait until January 6th...I'm on the waiting list right now...

Mornin' Sistas!

I'm posting to say I worked out three days last week - missed Friday (forgot my shoes) but went to the gym with DD on Saturday morning and did 30 min on the elliptical and a full circuit through the weight machines. Felt tired but good at the end.

Down one more pound, putting me at 239 - territory I haven't seen in I don't know when!

Now if I could just get my 'fat mind' to shut up and stop asking for food - I ate Breakfast this morning and I already want something else to eat! I'm going to wait a few more minutes and then I have a yogurt in the work fridge.

If nothing else, I've learned how powerful our minds can be! I've called my surgeon to try and get a fill before the holidays, otherwise I'll have to wait until January 6th...I'm on the waiting list right now...

YEAHHHHH EBONY!!! I posted an APB for you lol you must have missed it I was dying for an update!!! Glad to hear everything is going so well!!! You are doing so great!!!! Workouts I am still hit or miss but Sunday I took my boyfriend to the local high school track and did 6 times around! Boy was I winded@! But I am glad we went! Monday I took off for my Dr's appointment so I did 6am Yoga in TV

Today my plan to do an on demand workout ! :blushing:

Hey sistaz!!! How is everyone? Well my treadmill came today so I am going to get back on track with my 3 minutes a day! Please check in :thumbup::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Checking in before the holidays...

Have been walking every day, but the holiday rush and end of the year processing at work has kept me out of the gym except for last week when I made it 3 days!

I'm not too upset...the scale hasn't moved much, but I'm close to dropping another clothing size. My size 20's are falling off of me, the 18's are getting loose, and I'm looking hard at a 16 before the new year!:thumbup:

I have a nice long vacation from work - we shut down the office from Dec 23rd through Jan 2nd, and I'm planning to be in the gym every day except Sunday. If they are closed on the holidays, I'll do something else, but I am a woman on a mission: I want to fit into a size 16 before I go back to work in January.

I'd love to lose it off my tummy - it's my 'trouble spot' right now. My boobs are a little smaller - but when you start at a 42JJ (K), you can stand to drop down to an H cup!:cool2:

Hope all my sistas have a very merry and blessed Christmas and a happy, healthy and fabulous New Year!:eek:

YEAHHHH EBONY!!!!!! CONGRATS GIRLLLLLLL!!!! WHAT GREAT PROGRESS!!!! Good plan to max out your time off!!! Oh I went to my eating class on Monday and she made the point that you should max out your eating and exercise in the first 6 months to get the best results b/c that's when the body is still a bit confused and will use up the stored fat without hitting a plateau so keep pushin!!!

Merry Christmas Sistas!:sad:

Just came on to post that I have had a great holiday so far. I've been walking, and went to the gym Christmas Eve. Had a bit too much to eat after Christmas Eve service at church (no pain, just a little too full for comfort) and I'm back on the "stick" today. My hubby has to go to the gym tonight to do some maintenance on a couple of the exercise machines, so I'm going to go with him and sneak in a workout.

Not losing much on the scale, but the clothes are fitting nicely. I put on a dress last night that I couldn't get into before I was banded, so I'm thrilled!

Gave away the last strawberry swirl cheesecake I made, so there's none of that left in the house to tempt me.:tt2:

Have a wonderful holiday, and don't hurt yaself with all that holiday food!:thumbup:

Merry Christmas Sistas!!!!!:tongue2::biggrin::blush:

I had a nice first Christmas with my boyfriend we spent the night in a fancy hotel at the Inner Harbor and then got up at 7am to workkout on Christmas morning! Did about an hour half cardio and half free weights!:)

Just found this thread. Is it too late for me to join you guys? I've been banded 19 mos and haven't lost ANY weight since surgery *Yikes*. I'm more motivated now than I've been in a long time. I'd like to commit to 30 minutes a day, for 4-5 days a week. There's no excuse for me to not be able to stick to that - except of course, I'm a bit lazy. I'm gonna try really, really hard. This is it, I HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING! The band has been waiting far too long for me to decide to work with it!

Just found this thread. Is it too late for me to join you guys? I've been banded 19 mos and haven't lost ANY weight since surgery *Yikes*. I'm more motivated now than I've been in a long time. I'd like to commit to 30 minutes a day, for 4-5 days a week. There's no excuse for me to not be able to stick to that - except of course, I'm a bit lazy. I'm gonna try really, really hard. This is it, I HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING! The band has been waiting far too long for me to decide to work with it!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME SKHOPP!!! Please join us!! I hate to be nosey but I am still pre-op and just took the leap of faith to go forward and I am seekingany and all words of wisdom. What has your Dr. said about no weight loss in over a year? I see you said something to teeffect of not workng with the band...is it that you never found th 'sweet spot' to get the right restriction? Did you keep getting fills? Were you able to rule out slippage etc.?

Looking forward to your updates!:thumbup: