Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I thought I was posting this in Nov 2007 yesterday, but I apparently posted it in "General Support". People were probably scratching their heads over their wondering what I was talking about. :smile2:

----

It's 28 degrees F with 6 inches of new snow in Helena, Montana right now. It's a winter wonderland.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's been pretty slow here at the Nymphs page. I guess the most exciting news on the horizon is Shalee's upcoming TT. Congrats!

I figure I have another year to go, but that's okay. Is anyone else feeling that they are close to wanting/needing plastic surgery yet?

Is everyone happy with progress so far? I've been gaining/losing the same pound since mid August. Maybe I'll break down and get another fill....

Well, I thought I was posting this in Nov 2007 yesterday, but I apparently posted it in "General Support". People were probably scratching their heads over their wondering what I was talking about. :thumbup:

----

It's 28 degrees F with 6 inches of new snow in Helena, Montana right now. It's a winter wonderland.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's been pretty slow here at the Nymphs page. I guess the most exciting news on the horizon is Shalee's upcoming TT. Congrats!

I figure I have another year to go, but that's okay. Is anyone else feeling that they are close to wanting/needing plastic surgery yet?

Is everyone happy with progress so far? I've been gaining/losing the same pound since mid August. Maybe I'll break down and get another fill....

I would like to have PS but that's not going to happen for a while. I want to wait at least a year after I have been at my goal weight to even look at it.

I'm thrilled with where I'm at. I'm thinner than I have been in years.

Well, I thought I was posting this in Nov 2007 yesterday, but I apparently posted it in "General Support". People were probably scratching their heads over their wondering what I was talking about. :thumbup:

----

It's been in the high 80's low 90's here Foofy, I'll send you some heat.:biggrin:

Thanks for the support on my TT. I'm not at my goal yet, but have been stuck at 178-180 now for about 4-5 months. I keep losing inches, just not the pounds. I wasn't expecting to have this PS so soon, but it just all has worked out. I have never wanted to be "skinny" per say. My band Drs goal for me was 135. Uhmm yeah right not going to happen. My goal for myself is around 155-160ish. I have to say I am happy with my weight right now, I feel 1 million times better then I did 1 year ago at 250. I just hate these jelly bellies I have. today I had my pre-op appt. I had the Dr draw on me to give me an idea as to where he would be cutting and taking off the skin at. WOW from hip to hip it is a 26 inch piece. I was amazed!!! I had hubby take some pix, I will get brave and post in the plastic surgery thread next week. Dr thinks about 6-9 pounds of skin to be removed.:wink2: I carried most of my weight in the tummy area.

OK well I hope everyone is doing great!!! Keep up the work Nymphs!!

Foofy:

"I've been gaining/losing the same pound since mid August."

Looks like it's going to be a long, tough haul, Foofy. I'm amazed I managed to lose any weight at all during the last 2 1/2 weeks, yet the scale shows a three pound drop during that time.

"It's 28 degrees F with 6 inches of new snow in Helena, Montana right now. It's a winter wonderland."

Could you mail some of that snow to my kids? Current temperature in the Arava Valley here in Israel is 91.4. Meanwhile, a special thanks for stirring the pot and getting us talking again!

Momto1plusone:

"I'm thrilled with where I'm at. I'm thinner than I have been in years"

Wendy, your gratification is as wonderful as the warm sunshine outside my window. All of us regular contributors here can say the same thing, and I hope we value it enough, even as we fight our own discouragement at how difficult those last few pounds are to lose.

Shalee:

"Thanks for the support on my TT"

Shalee, keep us posted on the tt, we want to hear about it. ou are one determined lady - I'm glad I'm not those 28 inches!

Edited by bandpal

Can't wait to be thinking abiout a TT! And I hate surgery and I hate pain even more. I haven't been posting much lately. I have so much going on and the scale won't budge.

My MIL had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago to repair a mitro valve. My daughter fell off a horse last week flat onto her back. Four hours in the ER but she didn't have a break, thank God. Lots of rib bruising and a slight concussion. Luckily she was wearing her helmut. Hubby needs surgery next week to repair an incision in his bladder from his appendectomy last April. Appendix was attached to his bladder and was leaking. And my wonderful, sweet Cocker Spaniel has been horribly sick all weekend and vet believes she has intestinal cancer! She's 10 and I love her dearly. I'm devastated! I have an appointment with a veterinary oncologist tomorrow. I will do whatever it takes to save her. Just not ready to let her go. Exploratory surgery will let us know if its treatable.

Can't even seem to focus on my eating habits but all of this stress seems to have tightened up my band. Maybe the craziness of my life right now will get the scale moving again.

Edited by cindyg1212

Glad to hear that your daughter is well Cindy, what a shock that must have been.

I'd love to have PS because my boobs have been going South for quite some time and my upper thighs need some major help but the reality is that it's never going to happen... money and fear are 2 good reasons! I will see how bad things get once I get closer to goal but as someone said on here, a good bra can work wonders and at my age not planning to get naked in front of too many people.

I miss the Nov Nymphs and our regular chats. It's hard sometimes with all that's happening in our lives and the fact that we are not losing as fast as at the beginning means that most people don't have as much news to tell.

Can't wait to be thinking abiout a TT! And I hate surgery and I hate pain even more. I haven't been posting much lately. I have so much going on and the scale won't budge.

My MIL had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago to repair a mitro valve. My daughter fell off a horse last week flat onto her back. Four hours in the ER but she didn't have a break, thank God. Lots of rib bruising and a slight concussion. Luckily she was wearing her helmut. Hubby needs surgery next week to repair an incision in his bladder from his appendectomy last April. Appendix was attached to his bladder and was leaking. And my wonderful, sweet Cocker Spaniel has been horribly sick all weekend and vet believes she has intestinal cancer! She's 10 and I love her dearly. I'm devastated! I have an appointment with a veterinary oncologist tomorrow. I will do whatever it takes to save her. Just not ready to let her go. Exploratory surgery will let us know if its treatable.

Can't even seem to focus on my eating habits but all of this stress seems to have tightened up my band. Maybe the craziness of my life right now will get the scale moving again.

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry for all you are going through. At least most of it is fixable. How lucky we are to have access to medical care. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you are helping everyone else.

My DH and I lost our beloved Border Collie (Dave) a few months ago at age 14. It still hurts, but I am so grateful for the time and memories we had. I will say that (in hindsight) my only regret was that we didn't put him down sooner. His last few months were very tough. Sometimes the kindest thing is letting go. I wish you the best with your little cocker.

Thanks, Foofy. So sorry about your Border Collie. They're great dogs. Only other animal lovers who have had to put down a beloved pet really understand how painful it is. I had to put to sleep my 15 yr old Lhasa years ago and still miss her. My cocker, Lexi, is my baby. She follows me all over the house and I can't imagine not having my "shadow". I expected that I would lose her in 4-5 yrs from old age. I thought she just had some kind of an intestinal infection when I first brought her to the vet a few days ago. A sonogram and a needle biopsy have confirmed intestinal lymphoma. She's having surgery tomorrow. They will remove the growth from her small intestine and see if its spread. She may get chemo which dogs tolerate a lot better than humans. So far, she's not in pain and eats normally. If it gets to the point that she can't be saved and is suffering, I'll put her down. But right now, my plan is to try to save her if I can. A good prognosis is still only up to 2 years. I'm heartbroken.

Edited by cindyg1212

Cindy, sorry to hear of your pets illness. I will be keeping you andf your "baby" in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrows surgery!!

I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and all are my babies!!!

Thanks, Shalee. The surgery was today and they removed a golf ball sized tumor from her small intestine. Her vets and I will decide on a treatment plan when we get the pathology reports next week. Its definitely malignant. We know when we fall in love with our pets that we won't have them long enough but to lose them sooner than expected is so much harder.

Oh, I'm so very sorry.

Be grateful for the 10 years of love and good times, and make the most of the time you have left with her.

hugs.

Hi everyone,

I haven’t posted or come on the board for over a month. I have been struggling since this summer with gaining and losing the same 9lbs. I have 8cc in my 10cc band, I loss about 9lbs after the first 3 weeks of my last fill which was six weeks ago. However, I gain it back the something has happened all summer, till now.

I know the problem is my eating, during the early summer I was laid off and I turned to eating by grazing all day. I was called back before school started; since going back to work I am very good all day while at work; at home its different I graze for about 5 to six hours at night. I am trying to be positive, I try every week to go back to the band rules, but I don’t even make it one day and everyday I try again. I am very frustrated about my weight loss at the moment. I am almost a year out; I only lost 81lbs and still 77lbs away from my goal weight. I can figure out what to do, I feel like a failure. Have I fail to use my band as tool to loose weight or am I just not satisfy with what I have accomplished? I can seem to truly answer that question.

I must say the only thing I have done right the last 3 months is maintaining my gym routine. I still go to the gym and do 45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of free weight, one week 4 day one week 3 days. That is the only place I feel good about myself and my weight loss. Please help. I need Ideas, and help getting back on track. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, and hopping they can help me thru this dark time.

Marie Gabrielle

Marie, so many of us are in the same boat. I'm halfway to goal and I'm stuck at the same weight for a month. I also graze all night long which is my downfall. The days are easy but I tend to stay up late and eat. If I would just get to bed earlier, the weight would come off. We all need to find the motivation we had at the beginning of our banding and not lose sight of what we've accomplished so far. 81 pounds is an amazing loss and you should be proud of yourself! Maybe its time for another small fill for you. I wanted to be done with fills myself but I think I'm going to give in and get a tiny one to get me going again. Coming here for support definitely helps. We are not alone and can do this together.

Cindy, I just read this thread and your post about your family and pet. That's a lot to handle at one time. I hope things are improving.

We have a 15 1/2 yr old Golden Retriever and we have been through a lot with him the last six months. He had a cancerous growth on his leg removed in May and we could see before that, many signs of old age. He cannot get up from lying down without help and needs help up and down the few deck steps to go out.

Twice in the last six weeks, we thought it was time to let him go and then he rallies. This week he has been pretty good. Like old people he has good days and then a few bad ones.

Radiation was suggested as a follow up to the growth removal, but we opted not to do that because of his age and mobility problems.

Our previous dog was a Lhasa Poo that we had for over 17 years! I still miss him some times, too. Amazing how attached we get to our pets.

I hope treatment works for your dog so you have more time with her.

Hey Peeps!

Haven't been on much myself because I have been way to busy...I need my life to slow down a bit so that I can get back to normal. Whatever that is.

Things have slowed down weightloss wise for me. I went like gang busters in the beginning but can't seem to shed any more weight. I got way to comfortable and have been eating more than I should. I will getting back to the doctor next month for another teenie weenie fill because I still get stuck often. I have decided that I am going back to basics to get myself back on track. Carbs are the devil for me and I need to get them out of my system. One good thing is I am still doing my Water aerobics so I have only yo-yo'd up and down the same 5lbs over and over again.

I think we are all in the same boat and I am glad we will have each other. A year out, I am happier than I was this time last year. I love my band and would do all over again.

Miss you guys.

Nymph Cheerleader

aka Cindy