Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday Morning Coffee

Hi guys. I just threw on a pot of coffee and thought I'd take a little coffee break with all of you. How was your weekend? Anything exciting going on? We had a decent weekend. Went for a short visit to my parents, took a short walk with hubby in the wheelchair (told him it was my new piece of fitness equipment) and had some friends over for lunch and a movie yesterday. It was great to be able to cook healthy for people other than my family and have them enjoy it. Dessert was another story - was delicious but far from healthy.

I just had a cup of coffee with you. I only allow myself two small cups a week since I can't drink it until I whiten it up with cream and sugar. You and your hubby sound adorable. I was lazy all weekend and had some pizza, but it didn't really hurt me in the scales. I am so much stronger on the weekdays.

I have my halloween costume rounded up and bought myself a wig. It was only 17 dollars. I've never worn a wig before, I hope I can stuff all my hair under the wig cap. Any suggestions from any experienced wig users?

Anyway. I bought a lot of ww smart one meals to bring for my lunch everyday.

You know what else I'm fond of? The Smart Ones Egg and cheese English Muffins and the weight watcher muffins.

And Starbucks has the best oatmeal now.

Yummy. oatmeal sounds so good now. We got a cool snap. Went from walking in the morning in shorts one day to needing warm up pants and a light jacket the next. Yay fall is here! It's my favorite time of year.

Morning to you RSG and Ezma .. Im joining you with coffee. RSG have you tried coffeemate sugar free? its really good, I also doctor my coffee. It is 15 calories per tbs I use 2 and a 1/2 pkt of sweetner.. I love it ,, if you are a coffee drinker its like a treat,:) I only wish I could drink it at night but 2 pm is the latest for me ,,,,,

Just got signed on - earlier the site was down, and I just didn't get a chance to get back. So, I will have an early afternoon coffee with you!

Gotta have my coffee hot strong and black - no 'contaminants'!! Had a good weekend - that is, enjoyable. Not a good weekend food and exercise, but that's over now.

Had bro and his sons over for dinner yesterday; went apple picking; read 2 books; did a little knitting; and generally just vegged...

What's your costume, RSG? Last year we had only 1 child come trick-or-treating on Halloween - that kid lucked out. She got ALL the goodies that DH had bought anticipating 100 kids!

Nothing much else going on in my life - same old, same old.

Well it is evening now but I will join in. This weekend it was very Fall-like and chilly. I took the kids to their soccer game on Saturday. We also made caramel apples and watched Charlie Browns Halloween. Sunday, the kids and I decorated the outside of the house for Halloween. They turned the front yard into a graveyard :thumbup: I was good food wise, I made chocolate chip Cookies for the kids lunches last night and didn't touch any.

So it is Tuesday morning now, and I am sipping/savoring my morning coffee...gotta enjoy it before the staff start arriving and the chaos begin!

Last night, DH went out for a while, and I took the opportunity to watch a movie - one I haven't seen in about 35 years...Mary Poppins!! Oh how I enjoyed that - I provided the harmony in all the melodies. Such a great trip down memory lane...I'm still humming chim chimaree!

That is a great movie and I don't think I've seen it for at least 20 years myself. Picturing the penguin dance in my head right now. No coffee for me yet today so I'm full of yawns. I haven't been drinking a lot of hot coffee lately but it's sounded so good since we have cooled off a bit. I'm thinking about all things fall and excited. I want to cook pumpkins and squash and apples. Thinking about Halloween and Christmas shopping. Want to feel that cold sting on my cheeks and the crunch of leaves. And most interesting, I'm not sure if I have any clothes for the cooler weather. Might just need to go shopping for a new jacket. Will probably try the Goodwill or something though, still have weight to lose.

Crunching leaves - can relate, and am enjoying it now. Looking out my office window, ther are lots of yellow, red, orange trees...but that soon means the trees will be bare.

Cold biting wind on my cheeks? Nope, no pleasure in that! It is usually accompanied with cold fingers, chapped lips, hat-hair, and wet feet!

Cold biting wind on my cheeks? Nope, no pleasure in that! It is usually accompanied with cold fingers, chapped lips, hat-hair, and wet feet!

It's probably because an Arizona cold sting on the cheeks is probably like a summer day for you. :biggrin:

It's probably because an Arizona cold sting on the cheeks is probably like a summer day for you. :biggrin:

Most likely....grumble grumble grumble!!!

Fall is also my favorite time of year. I love the colors...Fall is a great time to walk and enjoy the crisp air. We have had some great weather!

I'm enjoying my coffee too and I too like my creamer! So I have to limit my coffee each day too. I even put away my regular coffee maker and bought a one cup maker. Its perfect!

I even put away my regular coffee maker and bought a one cup maker. Its perfect!

And DH and I are trying to find something bigger than our 12 cup but less than a 60 cup...we love our coffee! We each take a thermos with us to work in the morning - this is after having our 2 cups each first thing in the morning, and then we have another pot in the evenings...

But as both of us are black, no sweeteners, there are no calories to worry about. And before you say it, we drink Decaf in the evenings and during the day.