Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so depressed, I think this was the worst mistake ever.

Also having a thyroid issue is likely to make your loss a little more challenging than a lot of peoples. Don't give up. At least your not going up right!

It sounds like you maybe first want to start with a total attitude adjustment and start believing in yourself and not believing in the band, believe in what it can help you do. If you have no restriction, that means that you can just eat anything without feeling full, not that you are not losing weight. Also, you mentioned how you get chicken nuggets, that also might be a huge problem. If you are still eating at McDonalds, why would you eat something thats fried, why not get the Grilled chicken breast sandwich and don't eat the bread, or get the grilled chicken salad. If you are eating only 800-1200 calories per day but eating really bad stuff like chicken nuggets, thats going to hinder your progress. You didn't say that your gaining weight, just not losing right now? So maybe do some more strenuous exercise. Once your body gets used to doing something everyday, it almost isint exercise anymore, you have to constantly adjust and step your game up. Rule number one is DON'T EVER DEFEAT YOURSELF. You can do it and you can loose weight, but if you told your self from the start it wouldn't work for you, you went into the situation with the wrong attitude. The band is something to help you lose the weight, its not a magic cure. Take a long hard look and ask yourself are you eating 1200 of the right calories or 1200 garbage calories. Are you exercising and exerting effort and using energy or are you doing lifes regular activities and calling it exercise. I also walk a mile each day, but I make sure to walk fast and get those knees up and bend those arms and keep them in motion. I have also added those little strap on weights around my ankles. Take a long hard honest look and let us know what you come up with?

Hi there!

I am not trying to sound like I am preaching to you at all so please dont take this that way at all!!

You really need to up your exercise, your Protein (including shakes) you CAN NOT eat fast food at all!!!

In order to lose the weight you have to put forth the work, it isnt just going to melt away!

Do some major soul searching and figure out why you did this in the first place and get adjust your attitude!

You can do this and you are worth doing it!

Hi guys I took this breath test at my doc office and I thought I was eating around 1200 calories a day ...well the test showed my resting rate was 1700 ...so my doc said I must be consuming much more if I'm not losing like crazy...ask your doc for 1 of those test it opened my eyes a lot..

Ok I skimmed a lot. First off if you are being real with yourself and honest about what you eat, I can see why you are totally frustrated.

I do know it takes time for restriction, so you will hopefully get it soon.

Maybe talk to a nutritionist about switching up what you are eating.

Also, have you ever checked to see if you have pcos.

www.soulcysters.com is all about pcos and such. It can really hurt with losing weight too.

I lost 25 lbs in my pre op diet. I have only lost 3 lbs since my lap band in May. I am still happy I got the band. I have not gained back any weight. This is important as I would have otherwise. I am now determined to get back on track, get another fill and and make my band work. I hope the same for you. Good luck, it was not a mistake.

Well I asked my doctor just to test me to make sure and he said that I was probably ok and ignored me....I love being 19:D Nothing you say is of any importance...

I have both PCOS and am Hypothyroid. The PCOS had not hindered my weight loss and as a matter of fact since the surgery it is in remission and I am off my medications. The thyroid is another story. It has to be checked a minimum of every six months. If it is off just a little it can keep you from losing weight. And as you lose weight you want to continue to get your thyroid levels checked because your dosage may need adjusted.

that makes sense....I haven't been the best about taking my thyroid meds, and I'm currently on my period so my weight loss has halted if not gone up by 3 lbs. I actually appreciate your reply though. When your meds get adjusted as you lose weight does your dose typically go down? I just had mine checked not to long ago though and I'm at 75 mcg of levothyroxine...

Hey there I share the same thing as Jodi with PCOS and hypothyroid...my doc warned me that just like trying to lose in the past this is going to be a mad scientist mix...LOL! That it might take some work with the thyroid meds and fills and the diet to find what works for me...he warned that in some people it takes awhile before the perfect mix is found....so don't give up....my biggest life saver has been my nutrionist.... I know its some money but to me at least its so well worth it.... they've given me foods to help my body not hinder.... keep ur head up!

that makes sense....I haven't been the best about taking my thyroid meds, and I'm currently on my period so my weight loss has halted if not gone up by 3 lbs. I actually appreciate your reply though. When your meds get adjusted as you lose weight does your dose typically go down? I just had mine checked not to long ago though and I'm at 75 mcg of levothyroxine...

Yes, I was told that my dosage may need lowered as I lose weight. I have gone between .50-.75 mcg since being diagnosed with hypothyroid but so far, I have not had to change my dose since Lap Band (I go in next month the get more bloodwork).

Not trying to sound like your mother but you really should try to get into the habit of taking your RX every day as prescribed. Not keeping it in check can not only make it impossible to lose weight, and believe me your thyroid hormone plays a huge role in weightloss but not keeping your levels right could quickly bring on other problems like super dry skin, hair loss, memory and concentration problems and anxiety among other things. These problems could come on overnight. A change in dosage would of course eventually help but it would take a while to get back on track, it is not something you want to mess with, especially with all that you have going on...believe me, I've been there! It took me six weeks to get my thyroid back in check by then my skin was so dry it was cracked and bleeding, my hair was very thin, I was hardly able to manage work and my anxiety was so bad that it was truly afraid. Sorry, lecture is over now...this is just something that I wouldn't want anyone to experience needlessly. It is just one tiny pill a day.

Edited by Jodi_620

well I have dry skin, severe anxiety, and an "unsure" diagnosed mood disorder without the thyroid problem...lol but yeah I know I def. need to take them on time more but it's been a crazy last month or so...

:D I feel your pain. I am in the same boat. I can't loose a pound and I am getting so discouraged. I get my 3rd fill on Wed and I sure hope things start to get better. I too am depressed and understand what you were going through. Have things gotten better for you since you wrote in Oct?

Marilia

nah I'm still stuck at 228lbs....And this last month it's been going so slow. This might be due to my throid meds and the fact that I've had some pretty severe Constipation problems...(got some Fiber supplements thank good) but hey atleast that proves to my doc that I'm eating what I should..I've been avoiding breads at all costs and I'm still just stalled...it's getting annoying:(

My favorite way to get more fiber is fiber one bars ( 140 c) and Kashi go lean Cereal. The ceral has lots of Protein but fiber, too. I alternate one every other day and it has helped, but you must have them in your diet regularly to help.