Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Everyone and every doctor is different !

We all can do this -- We must remember that we did not get this way over night it took 2-4 pounds a month for years to get here and it might as well fall off the same way! Maybe we won't EVER let this happen again.

Here is to all of us! Let us get through this with every piece of help we can get !

My surgery is scheduled for Nov 5---TOMORROW! I have my pre-op today, and now I have a nasty head cold, so I don't know if they'll make me reschedule. I hope not--I'm so ready to get this moving.

I didn't do a diet before, but I've been careful of what I eat. I'm already getting full sooner than before, or maybe I'm just noticing. I'm nervous, but I trust my doctor, so it's in other hands. Good luck to everyone.:thumbup:

Phew! Finally. I just got back from my GP's office and e-mailed the good clearance letter to my surgeon. I can't believe how relieved I feel! I realize now that I had been walking around with this tight pressure in my chest. Now it's gone and I can breathe freely. It's out of my hands now. We'll see if I get approval.

Crossing my fingers!!!

Hello, and sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the dr's office. Hopefully, that will improve soon. I had to give up caffeine a few years ago due to heart palpitaitons and to keep from going totally bonkers, I mixed my coffee 1/2 Decaf, 1/2 regular for a few days, and then slowly reversed it one teaspoon at a time, until I had it down to all caffeine. I know coke is a bit hard to do that with, but perhaps mixing iwth coke zero and following the same procedure might help.

best of luck on getting everything through this time.

Thanks, fsexton. I'm finally starting to feel better today. No nausea, YAY! No headache. I just feel rundown and have strong cravings. I have friends that quit smoking twenty years ago and say they still want a cigarette sometimes. If they can resist, then so can I!

Ginnytwo, you are right on the smoking issue. I quit in 1980 and still think about it. I fought for 7 months with my ins company, and finally won. Hopefully, this will be the last of your issues and all will be moving forward

Edited by fsexton54

Haven't been on the thread in a while, but all testing done and surgery is next Thursday, November 13. I haven't seen my dr. since approval but at my first appointment he said I should try to lose 5 to 10 lbs before surgery. I haven't gained but I haven't lost. I see him Friday--I'll probably try to do 2 shakes and a Protein & salad meal Wednesday and Thursday--that'll help with a pound or 2 (maybe)--tonight I'm having Chinese and watching election coverage.

How are you bandsters doing that have been banded already in November?

Oh--to the person that asked, I have Aetna and was approved in about 5 days.

Good luck and Happy BandDay.

Crystal:biggrin:

Phew! Finally. I just got back from my GP's office and e-mailed the good clearance letter to my surgeon. I can't believe how relieved I feel! I realize now that I had been walking around with this tight pressure in my chest. Now it's gone and I can breathe freely. It's out of my hands now. We'll see if I get approval.

Crossing my fingers!!!

Hope you still get to have surgery on the 24th. That's my date! Good luck.:thumbup:

I start my special diet (preop) on Monday. My surgeon wants me on a Protein Shake for Breakfast, one for lunch and lean meat and green veggies for dinner (skinless chicken thighs, fish fillets with no skin etc...spinach etc.) I do this for 2 weeks and I need to be down 5 lbs in the first week of it.

Between these meals if needed I am allowed to have sugarfree Jello and sugarfree popsicles.

Hey Notorious Novembers! Add me to the list. My surgery is scheduled for November 18th. I just got clearance from my gastroenterologist, even though I have gastritis and some esophagitis. Dr. William's (my lapband surgeon from Univ. of Penn) and this Dr. agree there shouldn't be any problem as long as I continue to take the Prilosec and do well after banding. The more threads I read from all of you, the more excited I become. I really do know this surgery is not a quick fix and I know 75% or more of the work will come from me; not the band... the the idea that I have the chance for a "do over" in life is blowing my mind! I'm so looking forward to finally going down on the scale, feeling physically better and learning (re-learning) to love myself once again. All of you - my NOVEMBER BUDDIES - are in my prayers for a safe procedure for the willingness to see this all the way through to a new and healthier us!

I would really love to add that "Notorious Novembers" sparkly tag line to my signature or wherever it goes. Can someone tell me how to do that please?

All the best!

Lori

Laurie... I know how anxious you are to get banded, but you really should think twice about rescheduling if you have a head cold. Actually, the Dr. (if he's a good Dr.) should recommend that. Not trying to burst your bubble, but colds -- being sick in any way -- and anesthesia don't mix well. Please take care of yourself and be cautious. Better safe than sorry. Maybe it will only be a delay of a few days to a week. In any case, God speed. Let us know how everything goes.

Lori

Wow are you excited or what. That is so funny. I got ,y banding down yesterday and guys I feel so great. I was a little out of it all day yesterday but it was cause I was drugged up. When I woke up from surgery They had not giving me any pain killers cause they wanted me to be awake to tell them when and how much is confy for me. I didnt take long before i want into la la land. And I tell you it was great. I had 1 staple on each little cut which was about 1/4 of an in. and the bigger cut was about 1 1/2 in. It had 3 staples which got taken out this morning before I left the hospital. I am so happy no words can decribe. I ate the hospital chick broth which was very good and it filled me up. It was about 1/2 cup before I put it down. I thought to myself. I would have had to have veggies and noodles and a lot of meat in this Soup just days before. Either way. I know I will be healing up very soon. My cuts only feel like a little burn or stinging rather. and when the hydrocodon wears off it feels like alittle bit of internal brucing but it is so worth it. Guy I have 5 kids at home and I am up taking care of them without straining myself and with no pain. If I can do that and I just got it done yesterday. Imagine how easy it is. But I do have gas can anyone tell me was is up with that

Wow are you excited or what. That is so funny. I got ,y banding down yesterday and guys I feel so great. I was a little out of it all day yesterday but it was cause I was drugged up. When I woke up from surgery They had not giving me any pain killers cause they wanted me to be awake to tell them when and how much is confy for me. I didnt take long before i want into la la land. And I tell you it was great. I had 1 staple on each little cut which was about 1/4 of an in. and the bigger cut was about 1 1/2 in. It had 3 staples which got taken out this morning before I left the hospital. I am so happy no words can decribe. I ate the hospital chick broth which was very good and it filled me up. It was about 1/2 cup before I put it down. I thought to myself. I would have had to have veggies and noodles and a lot of meat in this Soup just days before. Either way. I know I will be healing up very soon. My cuts only feel like a little burn or stinging rather. and when the hydrocodon wears off it feels like alittle bit of internal brucing but it is so worth it. Guy I have 5 kids at home and I am up taking care of them without straining myself and with no pain. If I can do that and I just got it done yesterday. Imagine how easy it is. But I do have gas can anyone tell me was is up with that.