Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Triangular When Full

Guest BikiniBeachy

Guest BikiniBeachy

I've done a lot of research and I think we've settled it's a myth that the Realize Band is triangular when full even though that video of the fill shows it (but it's not on an actual stomach).

But does anyone have a picture of video of what is does look like full? Thanks

The question is does it go into the triangle shape when it is wrapped around your stomach. The answer is: no it doesn't.

No that's not the question.The triangular shape occurs when its filled which will have to happen for weight loss.It does do squat for restriction until its filled and then doesn't give complete coverage around the stomach

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

That's too funny.

Did J&J pee in your coffee or something? I am at a loss to explain your irrational hatred of them and their product, which is being used successfully all over the globe with the same results as the Lap-band.

No that's not the question.The triangular shape occurs when its filled which will have to happen for weight loss.It does do squat for restriction until its filled and then doesn't give complete coverage around the stomach.

Goody for you. You finally post something accurate.

Actually we are still waiting for you to respond to the links MacMadame did post for you. You just kinda ignored them. Of course, they proved you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Could that be why?

If you do not like YOUR band then go back to OR and change it. Nobody is forcing you to keep a band you don't like.

Move on... move on to a topic you know about.

If you have a Realize band.. weren't you just boasting on another thread that you lost a mere 90% of your excess weight in a year? (did I mention to you that I lost 100% of my excess weight in 10 months? Oh! I believe I did!)

So what is your point? You told someone else to go back to OR and get an Allergan band. If your weight loss is so slow w/your Realize band and if the Realize band sucks so bad, why aren't YOU following your OWN advice?

Darl'en, nice to meet you. I'm the one where you met your match.

Now, leave the Realize banded folks alone and stop posting nonsense. Start posting balanced info and maybe someone out there will take you seriously.

I really don't care if it's a friggin octogon when full. What matters to me is that my restriction with my Realize Band is fantastic and that I've lost 61 pounds in the 3.5 months since my surgery. Each person has to figure out what band is best for them in conjunction with their doctor, and each person may need something different. My doctor and I decided on the Realize Band, but he told me that when he got inside my stomach he might need to decide at the last minute on a different band because each individual stomach is unique. Work with your doc to figure out what's best for YOU and don't let people on LBT scare you.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Awww, well I was really concerned, for my own research, so that's why I posted the thread, sorry it wasn't to your liking, but fortunately I learned a lot through all of my research!!! Yippee

it does matter because:

1) There are appetite receptors on your stomach and if the band is not hitting them the feeling of satiety may not be as powerful. Some people have very sensitive nerves and don't need any fills, some need the band to max capacity to feel restricted as you can see from people posting their experiences here.

2) There is not an even distribution of Fluid

3) You cannot get back all the Fluid you put if it get stuck in a crease...if you need to draw all the fluid out, say for example you get pregnant, that many be a problem

4) You won't feel obstructed before you have an erosion because 2/3 of the band won't entire your stomach. If the erosion is too severe you can never replace the band.

5) Creases and silicone don't go well together and over time they may crack or leak. This is proven and documented. Try bending a plastic straw over and over again in one spot, it's sort of like that.

None of this means you won't lose any weight nor have any issues and I am not trying to scare anyone...however these are things someone thinking about the Swedish band should just be aware of and should know before making the commitment. It's important people are fully educated and not just trust everything your doctor says because they happen to have an MD after their name.

it does matter because:

1) There are appetite receptors on your stomach and if the band is not hitting them the feeling of satiety may not be as powerful. Some people have very sensitive nerves and don't need any fills, some need the band to max capacity to feel restricted as you can see from people posting their experiences here.

2) There is not an even distribution of Fluid

3) You cannot get back all the Fluid you put if it get stuck in a crease...if you need to draw all the fluid out, say for example you get pregnant, that many be a problem

4) You won't feel obstructed before you have an erosion because 2/3 of the band won't entire your stomach. If the erosion is too severe you can never replace the band.

5) Creases and silicone don't go well together and over time they may crack or leak. This is proven and documented. Try bending a plastic straw over and over again in one spot, it's sort of like that.

None of this means you won't lose any weight nor have any issues and I am not trying to scare anyone...however these are things someone thinking about the Swedish band should just be aware of and should know before making the commitment. It's important people are fully educated and not just trust everything your doctor says because they happen to have an MD after their name.

Oh great, it's back....

Our medical professional wannabe.

Did you ever answer Elisabeth's question that she asked on your profile? ;o)

I've done a lot of research and I think we've settled it's a myth that the Realize Band is triangular when full even though that video of the fill shows it (but it's not on an actual stomach).

But does anyone have a picture of video of what is does look like full? Thanks

Check out the new Realize Band-C. It is currently available only thru proctors .. but will be generally available in April.

BikiniBeachy - I don't think that other poster was saying it was a dumb question. It's just that rockbandster has made such a fuss about the Realize band being triangular and acted like this was a vital piece of information and it isn't really.

All that stuff he says about why it matters is a bunch of bunk, in fact.

I went to my pre-op class today (surgery on 1/26) and chose the Realize Band. We saw both the old band and the new second generation band (which I'm getting) as well as the Lap-Band. The new Realize band is round and completely smooth (no creases) and looks very similar to the second generation Lap-Band (except is has a lower profile port). My surgeon, Dr. Jaime Ponce, placed the first Realize Band in the US (in Dalton Ga, where he is doing my surgery). If it filled into a triangle shape before, it is a moot point now for people considering the Realize Band for future surgeries.