Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, what kind of support did you get from your loved ones, or....

Do you even have support going through this change from your wife/girlfriend/friend. Just wondering, and also, has losing the weight given you confidence to date if your single?

I didn't tell very many people, but the ones I did tell were very supportive.

And yes, I feel more confident already and I'm just 3 weeks in. Remember that confidence and a positive outlook is sexy, for both guys and girls.

My wife has been very supportive. She even tried to hang with me through the all liquids phase 1 diet (although she'd eat solid food for lunch). She couldn't do it for the whole 2 weeks, though. At least I didn't have to endure seeing a nice juicy steak on the table while I choked down a Protein Drink.

My parents, brother, and sister have all been very supportive. Their support comes over the telephone and in emails, since they live in Pennsylvania and I'm in Tennessee.

Bryan

weight.png

Edited by BDS_Geologist
added code

Hey Electricbear:

That's not quite true - you have all of us bandsters on the board to support you!:tt2:

Have you been banded yet? How's it going?

Kingbird

I have no one, but myself

ElectricBear I understand how it can sometimes seem like that :tt2: I'm fairly new on the board but it seems like there is a lot of support on here. I'm lucky that my other half, mom and the coworkers that know are very supportive. I've been through other stages of my life where I felt like you... Hang in there you'll find the support. What stage are you at in the process.

i have an appointment with my dietician and my wife is comming with me to that, i think it'll help her to understand what i am about to go through i get banded on the 14th on November so only days away now. i have been on the liquid diet for 2 weeks and have lost about 8 kilos so far, the penny only recently dropped with me when i realised i can't drink beer post surgery, i'm in australia, without the ability to drink beer..:eek:....

i have an appointment with my dietician and my wife is comming with me to that, i think it'll help her to understand what i am about to go through i get banded on the 14th on November so only days away now. i have been on the liquid diet for 2 weeks and have lost about 8 kilos so far, the penny only recently dropped with me when i realised i can't drink beer post surgery, i'm in australia, without the ability to drink beer..:eek:....

Beer was one of the hardest parts of deciding to have this surgery for me. I'm a homebrewer, so beer is an important part of my life. In fact it was almost two years after the first time I saw a surgeon that I finally decided to have the surgery-all because of beer. Now that I'm 60 pounds below my starting weight, I definitely think it's worth it, but it is a hard choice. Good luck!