Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals for weight loss?

1. Increased mobility (I have osteoarthritis)

2. Less self conscious in social settings

3. More stamina in everyday activities

4. Buy pretty clothes from regular stores and catalogs. (I received in today's mail a catalog from one of my favorite stores. Their largest size is 18-20.)

5. End the cycle of dieting and weight gain that has plagued my entire life, since childhood. Probably should be #1 on my list.

I'm pre-band and on the 6-month diet trying to lose 10% of my current weight. All of the above are motivations for me to meet the pre-surgery requirements and get on with my life.

Dee

Heykygirl31 ~ Where do you shop that has tall fat women's clothing? I am 6 foot tall and can only find short inseamed pants...I always end up crying when I leave Lane Bryant because they NEVER have my size in their tall jeans.....

Hmmm.....Maybe I should come live where you live and you can come live where I live. :tt2:

Hmmm let's see:

1. Buy clothes that actually fit-not too long in the crotch or 5 inches too long in the legs (I always wonder if plus size designers think ALL fat people are extremely tall)

2. Put my seatbelt on in the car without it digging into my hip.

3. I would love to run and play with my kids while they are young.

4. Shop anywhere-or at least somewhere where the clothing offered doesn't resemble old lady gowns and aren't priced at 3x's the cost of regular size clothes.

4. Be able to take a bath without worrying if I am going to have to call the firefighters to pry me out!

5. Better sex positions.

6. Not being embarrassed to see people I went to highschool with.

7. Being able to buy cute shoes.

8. Feeling better

9. I would love to want to be in pictures and not to be embarrassed to see them after they're printed.

10. I want my confidence back!!

These are just a drop in the bucket, I have a million things I can't wait for!!!

My goals:

~Feel sexy around my husband and not ashamed.

~Become healthy enough to start to try for kids in 3-4 years.

~Not look around the room to see if I am the fattest person in it and realize that I am.

~Go to amusement/water parks and not see that I weigh too much or have to wide of hips to ride on rides/slides.

~Shop at my favorite "normal sized" stores and buy clothes on clearance.

~Be able to wear sexy costumes at Halloween time.

~Get off ALL meds!!

And last but not least...

~Feel more comfortable in my skin.

:tt2:

Bratty_Nicole-

I guess it goes both ways...I am 5'2 and have the hardest time finding things to fit..I am short waisted too. I too have left stores crying before. Maybe designers should read our threads. Have you tried Lane Bryants "right fit" pants? They actually fit me. I think those were the first pair of pants that actually fit me in about 10 yrs. How pathetic is that??? Just one more reason for me to get this surgery done!

Have you tried Lane Bryants "right fit" pants? They actually fit me.

I'm glad you like them. I HATE them. Lane Bryant took away the only pair of jeans that ever fit me and replaced them with "Right Fit" pants that don't fit me. I can't wait to find jeans I like again.

Bratty Nicole... I'm with you! Lane Bryant used to carry a lot more tall sizes and I've only been able to find one pair of slacks in the last 5 years that were long enough to fit me (I'm also 6' tall!)

I look forward to:

Going to Disneyland!

Not worrying about whether the seat belt will fit or not

More fun with my hubby!

Being a lighter rider for my horse's sake & mine!

Living to see my kids grow up!

Well, I believe I had my last "fat" airplane ride...and the last leg was SO embarrassing! It was a small puddle jumper and the seats were small and so were the seat belts. In a regular Delta plane, I can barely fit in the seat belts...in this plane, I had to suck in my breath. What made it worse was the lady sitting across the aisle AND the flight attendant both watched intently as I struggled and finally got it on. Sigh. NEVER again!!!!!

Dh and I were treated to free Disney tickets at his conference and we went on a quick trip to Animal Kingdom as we had not been there. We did have fun...but without a doubt, if we were both smaller, we would have done OH so much more. We were very limited in what we could do. NEVER again!!!!!

:biggrin: