Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 16th surgeries

yes Carolinela, That's why I am so surprised about Niecey. Usually you really don't see much of a change with the first fill. Her symptoms correlate with what most people feel at about the 2-3rd fill. She is lucky to have that much restriction already.

All our bodies react differently, also we all probably have different bands in. My first band was a 4cc at 2.3 cc I was at my sweet spot.

I have a 14cc this time it should be very interesting to see what happens. I have read that most people need a good 6cc-7cc to get to their sweet spots.

I have been eating adkins shake for Breakfast. tuna and crackers (wheat thins ) for lunch and yogurt for snack. usually creamy Soup or chicken strips for dinner SS pudding . I am going to start trying new things but have been safe with these.

I know what you mean about the heavy feeling in my chest, but have not PB'd anything. I don't get too hungry but still no restriction

Lory

I'm finally onto regular foods too, but I'm sticking with the soft things for now, and really trying to watch the calories. I havent PB'd yet, but I think I have had that feeling, that heaviness in my chest, it hurt so darn much and all I could do is breathe and concentrate on it *not* coming up! lol That happened with some chicken breast, and I tried toast this morning, and it didnt sit well either! My weight loss has really stalled though, but I havent gained either, so I guess its ok. My first fill is Oct 22, and I'm getting it done under fluroscopy, which the doc said can be pretty accurate, so we'll see.

Anyone have some good recipes or any food suggestions? I'm always looking for something new!

I'm finally back. Whooo hoo!

I'm all on solids. I can't eat bread. It sticks in my chest. I can tell if I eat to fast, as it gets stuck for a moment or two. Then it slides down. I can actually feel it. I have absolutely no fill in my band... won't until November 4th. I can't eat lettuce either. That makes me PB. I guess it's just something I won't tolerate, at least for now. I don't mind the bread to much, as I know I have a serious addiction to that. I got to a point I'd eat a half a loaf in a day, pre op.

My weight loss has stalled, but I've not gained a pound. That's good, considering if I don't watch what I eat, I'd gain a pound a week. I am exercising nearly every day, and for 20-30 minutes a day. I'm working on the gazelle. I enjoy it. I put on music, and go to town.

Michael's surgery was postponed last minute, so now it'll be in November.

Other than that, I feel pretty good. :)

teri

OK from now on... when I get stuck at a weight, I'm posting here. I lost a pound a day since posting I was stuck. Nice. I don't know what I did differently.

Let's see... we adopted two kittens yesterday 8 week olds. One boy, one girl... so we have 2 girl cats, and one boy. The adult one is fixed, the other two will be asap. I have to call around about that.

I finally felt comfortable enough in my 16W's that I wore them out of the house. It felt so good. I felt so proud.

I'm seriously getting hungry soon after eating, so I have officially lost all restriction. So I try to keep myself busy.

Teri

OK from now on... when I get stuck at a weight, I'm posting here. I lost a pound a day since posting I was stuck. Nice. I don't know what I did differently.

Let's see... we adopted two kittens yesterday 8 week olds. One boy, one girl... so we have 2 girl cats, and one boy. The adult one is fixed, the other two will be asap. I have to call around about that.

I finally felt comfortable enough in my 16W's that I wore them out of the house. It felt so good. I felt so proud.

I'm seriously getting hungry soon after eating, so I have officially lost all restriction. So I try to keep myself busy.

Teri

Congrats Teri - so that is the secret when we stall out - post. So here I go. This week I have lost and gained the same two pounds. Now I have to be honest and say that I lost two inches in my BUTT and an inch in my waiste so I know I am doing something. But of course it is that all important scale :tongue_smilie:. Awe - Kitties, they are so wonderful. We have 4 cats and they are my babies. Each one has it's own way of bringing joy into my life. Getting into the "skinny" jeans, that is something to Celebrate :tt1:

My Dr had warned that bread and lettuce might be hard, skin from fruit also. I am on mushies for a while longer, two weeks, but at the end of the month I get more normal food. For now I live on mushies and it is amazing I am learning to LOVE baby food - just add salt to the veggies.:cool2:

You should step back and be very proud, you are doing terrific! :mellow:

Ok here is my post, so I can start losing again. I lost a few pounds after my first fill and then that was it.

Thanks to Janine, I really like that www.sparkspeople.com website. It's like the Biggest Loser website but it's FREE. And I have a question for you...how do you know when you need another fill? I'm good as long as I chew a really long time. Then when I start to feel a hint of the heaviness coming on I stop eating. But a few hours later I'm hungry again. So does that mean I'm not at the sweet spot yet?

How many calories is everyone taking in per day? I think unless I am under 1000 cal per day I will not lose weight. Which I guess makes sense as to why I was having problems losing weight before the band. A few years ago my husband and I had bought a tread mill. In one years time my DH lost 100 pounds and I had lost 5 lbs. It was so frustrating. Well I'm glad to have the band to help me with this now but I think I really have to keep the calories way down to have any results.

Niecey

Honestly if I go below 1000 (which I'm having trouble hitting) i gain.

Teri

Hey guys, I hit a weight lose stall a few weeks ago. I had read that if you vary your calories from day to day and bump up the calories on some days that it will help to jump start your metabolism. I tried that last week and lost 2lbs...hadn't lost anything for 2wks. It seemed to work, also I noticed that if I am below 1000 calories I won't loose anything.

How is everyone? Are we all back to exercising? I'm doing a combo exercise. Every other day I do extra wii fit, and the light day I also do the gazelle. I'm seeing differences in my stamina.

I am still without any fill. November 4th is my big day. I'm so looking forward to it.

Teri

I haven't posted in a long time. I have been stuck at the same weight for 4 weeks. I had my first fill on October 27. I got about 2.2 cc. I was on liquids for 36 hours and drank Atkins Advantage shakes and Water. I did not have any problems. I am still not feeling full when I eat. I just eat small quantities. I think I probably needed to post. I need your support and need to know that this is not unusual. I am losing inches. My clothes are getting loose on me. But I really need the scale to move. I am working out about 4 to 5 hours per week. I am doing 2 weight training classes in addition to that. Is anyone else having a problem losing pounds?

you are gaining muscles, so yes you're loosing fat, but gaining muscle. Believe it or not Muscle weighs more than fat.

I have a total of 4 ccs in my 10 cc band. I just got it today. I'm on liquids until Breakfast tomorrow morning, then mushies. Then the next day I can resume regular foods. I go for my next two days before thanksgiving. Not the best timing. But I'll cope. It'll be hard baking all day with my mom the day before thanksgiving, without munching. But I will do what's best. Somehow!

I have not lost an ounce in 2 weeks, and in fact gained 5 pounds yesterday. IN ONE Day????? I don't understand.

teri

Hey guys, has anyone had trouble (or heard of someone that had) with their insurance not wanting to cover your surgery after you have had it done? I got a call from the Hospital today on my answering machine that they were having trouble with my insurance company and to call them. I also received a letter a month or so ago from the insurance company saying that I am responsible for $21,000 and that they are responsible for $0. If anyone has had (or heard of it) this problem how was it resolved? I am just geting really nervous tonight cause I don't have that kind of miney and really don't want to have to finance that much. If I would have known ahead of time that there would be a possibility that I would have to pay out of pocket I probably would have waited to have it done and saved up for it. Please pray for me that this will all be figured out. Thanks for any info.

ANKPTA Have you called the insurance company? What is the reason they are denying it? My surgeon doesn't put the band in until they have approvals, in writing. Because of similar issues, they have never been paid for.

I had my second fill, and my port is tilted slightly... was supposedly all the way over. Thank God it's not. I am confused. The fill dr said I had 3 ccs, and he put in a 4th. The surgeon said I had 1.2 ccs, and put another 1 cc in... so i either have 5 ccs or 2.2 ccs. Not sure. I have some restriction. I can still eat to much, and rarely get stuck (unless it's bread).

I'm down now to 226. I haven't been at this weight in 13 yrs. Yes 13 yrs. I got pregnant with my oldest son Jan of 1996, and was at 226 on my first ob visit, after a month of puking.

Teri

ANKPTA Have you called the insurance company? What is the reason they are denying it? My surgeon doesn't put the band in until they have approvals, in writing. Because of similar issues, they have never been paid for.

I had my second fill, and my port is tilted slightly... was supposedly all the way over. Thank God it's not. I am confused. The fill dr said I had 3 ccs, and he put in a 4th. The surgeon said I had 1.2 ccs, and put another 1 cc in... so i either have 5 ccs or 2.2 ccs. Not sure. I have some restriction. I can still eat to much, and rarely get stuck (unless it's bread).

I'm down now to 226. I haven't been at this weight in 13 yrs. Yes 13 yrs. I got pregnant with my oldest son Jan of 1996, and was at 226 on my first ob visit, after a month of puking.

Teri

Teri, Congrats on the milestone. I am there with you. I hit 222. I got down that low on Weight Watchers 10 or so years ago and never saw under 230 again. I even weigh less than when I married my hubby. You are doing so great! You should be VERY proud of your accomplishment. :) Debbie