Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 16th surgeries

oh, I am having a terrible time with the hunger.

I am pretty much eating a regular diet.

I have to bump up my exercise. Just a very important side note, you

usually do not get much restriction until your 2nd-3rd fill.

Of course, maybe its different with the new lapband.

Has anyone heard?

I have the realize band. Dr said no fill at surgery, but I still don't eat alot, tummy growls but just not to hungry. Which is nice. I get my 1st fill 10-23

I am able to eat anything as long as I chew it up well. I am probably eating more than 2 ounces, but I am probably eating only three per meal I am really careful not to eat between meals and eating only the three meals a day. I get my first fill on 10/27. I lost 13 pounds in two weeks. I was hoping to lose more, but this is good. The key is to keep losing and not regain any of the pounds. Over the years I have lost and gained the same pounds over and over again, usually gaining back even more. Now, I am losing and even though it may be slower than I would like. I just want the numbers to keep going down, even if it is only a pound. I am weighing myself every Tuesday. I am tempted to weigh every day, but I am resisting.

high/day of surgery/current/goal

236/233/220/155

I weigh in twice a week... saturday and wednesdays. It's just easier on me. I don't have to fight the urge if it's just a few days away. And I see minor differences each time. Sometimes it's as small as half a pound. But hey I'll take it.

I'm eating activia light yogurt each morning. I've finally beaten the bowel problems I had initially. Thanks Activia.

I can eat just about anything I want, except.... and I don't recommend trying it. I was feeding my little one with cerebral palsy a sandwich. Got to the last bite, and he didn't want it. STUPID me, I pop it in my mouth. I chewed and chewed... and it got stuck! I got up and started walking, and it finally fixed itself. Was kindda freaky. How would I explain to my surgeon what I did? But it did finally pass... with no sliming or vomitting. Thank God.

Well I have a recheck with my surgeon today. I do have a concern... Where they used the tool to hold back my liver, hurts like heck yet. I'm worrying something might have been damaged or an infection. Probably unrealistic, but OUCH!

teri

Yes Teri you definitely need to check especially since you were having fevers last week. I get my first fill next Tuesday, or at least I hope that is what he's doing. I haven't seen him since the surgery. I gained a pound this morning, GREAT! Maybe I'm going to get my period. I didn't think I was eating enough to gain weight. I check my weight everyday. It's just habit. Maybe I'll go to every other day. CHA CHA lucky you not feeling so hungry. I had that stuck feeling just that one time, scared the you-know-what out of me.

Well off to work. Everyone have a great day.

Denise

I hope everyone is doing well! I am currently in the "puree" stage and I was wondering if some one could give me a detailed example of their daily meal schedule. What are you eating and drinking and when? Thanks for the help?

~Amanda~:)

Well, I am on soft foods now, but my typical day goes like this:

Breakfast: about 1/2 to 3/4 cup malt o meal, or 2 scrambled eggs with salsa

Lunch: Soup or rolled up lunch meat and cheese, or a little bit of chicken salad with cottage cheese or egg salad.

Dinner: about 4oz of fish or chicken, some cooked veges.

I have had a couple of Snacks in between because I am hypoglycemic and cant go more than about 3 hrs without eating *something* so I will usually have a string cheese, or cottage cheese, or this greek yogurt called Fage, it comes in little individual servings with a tiny side of fruit and it is soo good, and bonus, has 10 grams of protein!! I also have one 12 oz Protein Shake in the mornings, or else have one of those 42 gr Protein bullets split up in two during the day ( I mix it in a little crystal lt to kill the taste)

So, thats pretty much my day, I feel like I'm eating alot, but I'm not, and I do get full pretty fast. My first fill isnt until Oct 22, but my surgeon does them under fluoroscopy so he gets it pretty accurate, so he says. And I've lost nearly 14 lbs so far, so Yay for us!!

Let's see... For Breakfast I have 4 ounces of activia Light yogurt. 5 grams of Protein, and it "gets things moving". lunch for me lately has been my Protein shakes. I've been on the road a lot lately when it's lunch time (around noon-1 Pm). That's 28 grams of Protein.

dinner is at around 6:30 pm, and last few days ahve been pureed chicken (am sick of that). I have 3 ounces, or 21 grams of protein with that. Some veggie, which is usually about 2 grams of protein. And that's it. OH And lets never forget my 60 ounces of Water a day.

I did have it checked out. He poked it prodded it. Checked me for fever, and concluded it's just muscular. I think he's right, because he had me tighten my muscles, and then he pushed on it. I about made a sky light in his office. But as soon as I relaxed the muscle, it was ok again. He's pleased with my 12 pound weight loss since the surgery. I'm happy too. He said I look great. Told him I had lost my prime care physician, and he has helped me get another. I see him the 22nd.

Teri

Today (still on mushies too)

B: 1 scrambled egg w/bit of cheese

L: 3oz tuna mixed w/2tbsp light mayo, a hard boiled egg, and s/f relish

D: 1/4 c ricotta cheese baked with spaghetti sauce

S: 1/4 c lowfat/sugar free fake pumpkin pie

I was getting a little bummed because I hadn't lost any weight since this time last week. But...I did measure myself last week (glad I did) and I have lost a total of 10.5 inches sonce last week. :)

Today I had-

B-1/2 cup grits and one cheese stick

L-1/2 cup cottage cheese and a sf Jello cup

D-3 oz talapia fillet and 1/2 cup spinach and mushrooms

In between meals, I drink a lo carb slim fast.

Tonight, a sf pudding for a snack, although I am really not supposed to have Snacks. I feel it helps with my Calcium and makes me feel like I'm having a treat. That was after I went out and walked for 45 minutes.

Tomorrow, I will be having something more substantial for lunch. A couple of hours after the cottage cheese, I was hungry for the first time since the surgery.

I am cleared for low impact aerobics. I did about a hour to 90 minutes on the wii fit prior to the surgery, so I'm gonna start at 20 minutes. IF I feel up to more later, I'll do it again before bed. I'm glad I can finally do more activity. I actually enjoyed that fitness activity. I do have to avoid the Body check... because it involves weighing in. Not sure I wanna do that every day. The other thing I've also been cleared for is a exercise bike (it's turning cold, and wet here in NY), So i've ordered one off walmart.com.

Teri

Just checking in! Hows everyone doing? Just finally got my energy back yesterday, gonna get back on the exercise bike tonight!!! Feelin good. When is everyone getting their 1st fill??

I am starting to get hungry...I have actually cheated and ate things that I know I shouldn't have. But I am getting back on track. My Dr. said that once I am able to eat food, even if it is only mushies, that I will start to feel hungry. It's all about will power I guess. My first fill is Monday, October 20. I can't wait! What about every one else? How are you doing and when's your first fill?

Also, is anyone from CT? I would love to have some one "near" me to share and maybe even work out together!! Let me know !

:crying:

First fill scheduled for Nov 12th. Not terribly hungry, just craving pizza. My evil hubby (lol) keeps bringing pizza home from my favorite local place.