Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Dr in Memphis or North MS-lapband in Mexico

Does anyone know of doctors in the Memphis area or North MS area that will do fills for patients banded in Mexico? I am trying to find aftercare/fills closer to home before I schedule my lapband with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico.

Denise

My Dr. is Virginia Mcgrath WEaver at St. Francis in Memphis. She is AWESOME! good luck

I suggest calling Dr.Weaver's office and asking if they would take you. I know they will take patients from other surgeon's in the U.S. I go to Dr.Woodman in Memphis, and his bedside manner is horrible. His patients are known for leaving him to go to her, because she's much nicer. And as of right now, I think she's still taking them in for aftercare and fills. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

I've heard with my surgeon, Dr.Woodman with Midsouth Bariatrics, that he will take on Mexico-banded patients, but you have to pay a large amount of money up front.

There are a couple of other bariatric surgone's in Memphis that do mostly gastic bypasses. I want to say one's name is Dr.Madan, and there's another man. They also do some lap-band surgeries too, so I'm sure they are able to do fills and things. You could always check into them too, if you had to.

Oxford, MS is about an hour south. And there's 2 bariatric docs there. Dr. King and another one who's name I can't remember. They do their fills under fluro, which is great, but they quoted me $700 per fill.

I was banded in Mexico by Dr Sanchez. I get my fills with Dr. Byars in Oxford for $200.00. Dr King wouldn't do it. I have developed a leak and will have to have the surgery to fix it. Byars said I will have to have a floro fill to check it and it will cost $700.00. I don't know what it will cost. My insurance doesn't cover lap-band so I will have to pay for it. I'm thinking about going back to Mexico to have it fixed but it would be nice to have it done here. I've even thought about calling Dr Weaver's office and talking to them but I really like Dr Byars.

I am in the same situation. I live in north ms and I am getting close to needing my first fill. I have been talking with a nurse that lives in Tupelo, MS that does fills. She was also banded in Mexico. If anyone finds out about Dr. Weaver in Memphis, please post. Thanks.

Someone on another thread is really hyping Dr. Woodman's patient client relationship to be very impressive. I have been placed on a waiting list for Dr. Weaver's office since July and had a scheduled appointment for October 22nd, only to get a call last week telling me to call back in January to reschedule, her new office wasn't ready for new patients.

BTW I am a former patient of Dr. Tichansky; UT Medical Group, which closed in August of this year.

I'm very disappointed. Just trying to get a fill.

I just had my first fill done a couple of weeks ago by the nurse in Tupelo, MS. She was great and only charged me $100. If anyone wants her name just let me know.:rolleyes:

Rebrph, how's your eating since you had the fill? Do you have any restriction? How long will it be before you have your 2nd fill? You gave me the info about the nurse in Tupelo. I plan to use her for my 2nd fill. I am going back to Mexico for my first fill on Dec. 15th.

Denise

4 years after having my band put in, and my last fill this

spring was too tight but I tried to put up with it (Mistake)

I ended up having pain nighttime cough and vomit,

and difficulty taking in food this summer. I did not want

to go all the way back across country to the great Dr Kuri,

and tried to find help locally in TN. I called Dr Kuri's office

staff when the pain got bad and asked for a list of any doctors

in my area who might help me, and was given two names.

(wish I had read this forum first.) The two doctors named

I called in Nashville were NO HELP at ALL. The very first

thing they said was "Bring CASH no checks" and wanted

to make me wait at least a month to be seen, if they would

see me at all. Both were over $500. for one visit. I even

tried going to a local emergency dept (VA) when the pain got

so bad I suspected might be gallbladder or something else.

They cleared my gallbladder through xray, but would not

touch the band they told me nor did they find out what was wrong. I ended up going back to mexico and Dr Kuri anyway,

who met me in the lobby and took me to emergency surgery

to have slipped band/blockage removed. (3800$) silicone

band now gone from my body... So disappointed with US doctors...

Hi everyone! I am from North MS and I am having lap band surgery in Mexico at the end of January. I was wondering if one of you would please give me the name of the nurse in Tupelo who does the fills for out of country patients. I am really worried about not being able to get fills close to home. I called Dr. Byars office this morning and she told me that he did not to fills for out of country patients?? Thanks for your help..

The post above about Dr. Woodman is right on. He is a total jerk who suffers from small man syndrome!!!

Rebrph, how's your eating since you had the fill? Do you have any restriction? How long will it be before you have your 2nd fill? You gave me the info about the nurse in Tupelo. I plan to use her for my 2nd fill. I am going back to Mexico for my first fill on Dec. 15th.

Denise

Hey Denise, yes I finally have restriction. I have also come across several things that I can't eat anymore, no matter how much I chew it comes right back up. It has been about 6 weeks since my first fill. I really should get one soon but I am going to wait until after the holidays. I haven't gained any weight but I am stalled with my loosing. I haven't been exercising and that has alot to do with it. Take Care!

Cindy

I am in the same situation. I live in north ms and I am getting close to needing my first fill. I have been talking with a nurse that lives in Tupelo, MS that does fills. She was also banded in Mexico. If anyone finds out about Dr. Weaver in Memphis, please post. Thanks.

Did you have the contact info forthe nurse in tupelo and have you used her. Im trying to decide what dr to use in mexico and my aftercare plan. Thank you

A lapband fill is not within a registered nurse's scope of practice. I strongly recommend that everyone continue to look for an MD who will do your fill. This nurse could lose her license doing this, but you could lose much more if your fill is botched!