Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Been 1 Year since my Lap Band Surgery...

So here are the stats:

75 lbs down

73 inches lost

BP from 160/98 to 114/88.

Sugars from 102 to 83

No aches or pains.

From no exercise to walking 5 hours a week and taking 5-1 hour classes a week.dance.gif

Size 24 to a 12

No diet coke for over a year.

No alcohol for over a year.

Kicked caffeine in the last 4 months.

Still working on the sugar thing...

I also submitted a "Wow" moment to OH and have been informed that my story and picture have been accepted for a future issue. Very Cool.cool2.gif

Best of all, I feel normal. Most of you will know what I mean by this. I don't worry about the size and strength of chairs. I don't measure myself against others to see if I am the biggest person in the room. I just...feel...normal. But the funny thing is, I still feel like the same me inside, just in different packaging.

Best of Luck to Everyone on this Journey,

Susan

Edited by sanscarpaci

Go 'Head On Girl wit Yo' Bad Self!

That 'after' picture is just awesome...congrats on all your hard work and success. You are an inspiration!:thumbup:

Isn't this tool that we have amazing!

Congratulations. I know exactly how you feel. Keep up the good work.

Sue

Congratulations! I love success stories. Thank you for sharing and motivating!:smile2:

My surgery is tomorrow and I feel a bit flat and worried etc .. then I look at your before and after pics and I just HOPE I can achieve what you have .. you look amazing - congratulations!

You are AMAZING!!! Even more important, this device we have inside of us is so very AMAZING! I cannot wait to be able to post stats like yours next year this time. I'm truely excited. You are an inspiration.

Congratulations and best of luck on your surgery! It is the scariest and exciting time! I still remember them wheeling me into surgery and getting the blankets put over me in the OR. It has been a great Journey! Please contact me if you need an Angel or any advice>

Susan

Wow - awesome post! Not too wordy. Not too emotional! Just right! It's the encouragement I need. You said "Best of all, I feel normal. Most of you will know what I mean by this. I don't worry about the size and strength of chairs. I don't measure myself against others to see if I am the biggest person in the room. I just...feel...normal. " Powerful words. We ALL have done those things! I believe that when I am comfortable in my own skin, when I know I'm looking good (and I mean "put together", not anything snooty), it completely allows me to be unselfish and concentrate on others! Sometimes when we are going through this battle of the weight, we might feel guilty, like we're doing it out of vanity. Sorry charlie. IMO, it's the exact opposite. And only someone else who's been there can understand how completely self centered and self absorbing it can be to constantly - know matter where you are or what you are doing - be thinking "do they see how much my butt hangs over this chair? (ETC)". I can't wait until I hit that 'normal' feeling! (Of course, I am still 5'10", so I'm most likely always going to be the tallest woman in the room - but I'm ok with that!)

Thanks!

Mary

Way to go!! You have done an amazing job of losing weight and getting healthier! I'm going to be banded in 2 weeks and I hope a year from now, I'll be able to share my successes as well. Thanks for the inspiration!