Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHEN does the hunger stop?!?

I got banded on July 16, 2008 and have had two fills the first on 8/19 (3 ccs in 8 cc band) and the 2nd on 9/2 (pulled out 3 and put in 4 then pulled out .5 because Water wouldn't go down for a total of 3.5 cc in 8 cc band). I don't have much restriction, and I'm hungry within an hour of eating. When does the hunger go away or does it go away? Does the sweet spot mean you get the right restriction so you can't eat much but you still have the all consuming hunger?

I tried to post a poll and even though I clicked the option it didn't give me the opportunity.

NO NO NO! You probably need another fill. Because of the swelling from irritation, you probably just can't take all of it at once. If you are hungry now, than its time for fill. You have to give your stomach time between fills to get used to it. If you find yourself hungry that soon, than you need a fill.

Do you have trouble passing food? Do you drink any liquids with your meals?

No trouble with any food unless I eat it too fast (sometimes I forget I have a band). I don't drink with meals, I wait a minimum of 30 minutes and usually 45 minutes before I start drinking Water after a meal. People keep telling me it's head hunger but it's my stomach yelling at me and not my taste buds. Sometimes I can be engrossed in something and I feel the hunger start and build and build and build. It's not like I see something and all of a sudden have cravings.

OK I catch your drift. It sounds to me like you just need a fill. Sometimes it also helps to cut down on carbs. I don't and I'm fine but my mom has a big problem when she has sugar or starch she gets so hungry super fast. She doesn't have a band but that could be your body type. If you aren't having trouble with food at all and aren't feeling restriction get a fill. CAll your doctor today because waiting could break you and we wouldn't want that :]

Let me know how it goes.

I have the same situation, 2 fills and I still get hungry. One of the posts explained it that the band and fills restrict certain nerves that signal the hunger response up high in the stomach. My doctor said the same thing that that is why the band works with the right restriction. I'm with Hollie that you probably need a fill but with my doctor that easier said than done. My doctor only gives fill once a month and the mean receptionist won't let you schedule before then. Hollie, does your doctor let you get fills more often. I'm curious because you are in a study. How often did or do you get fills

Wow thats bull shit lessme! You should see if you can get into a fill center.

That happend to me as well I was hungry all the time but it was because I was working out a lot and my metabolism was speeding up, if you are working out that could be it too. I had to be put on Appetite suppressants, they work wonders, but you can only stay on them until you reach a certain BMI, not sure what that is but I was told I was getting close which scares me not that I am addicted to them it just really really controls the hunger and makes you drink a lot of Water.< /span>

Appetite suppressants with the lap band? Isn't the lap band supposed to be the appetite suppressant? What is the name of the suppressant? I might ask my doctor about it if the next fill doesn't do it for me.

Wow, I know how you feel. I just had my third fill and I am still hungry all the time. I only got .7cc, I felt that I could have used more but the doc backed it off. I get all the Protein that I am suppose to get to help control/curb the appetite but it isn't doing a very good job. I had two fills within a month, but now am not scheduled for another month. Sometimes I think that I could sit and eat a whole meal like I used to, but I try to limit myself to smaller portions. Keep up the good work, I'm sure we will make it.

That happend to me as well I was hungry all the time but it was because I was working out a lot and my metabolism was speeding up, if you are working out that could be it too. I had to be put on Appetite suppressants, they work wonders, but you can only stay on them until you reach a certain BMI, not sure what that is but I was told I was getting close which scares me not that I am addicted to them it just really really controls the hunger and makes you drink a lot of Water.

what appetite suppressants were you taking?

When does the hunger go away or does it go away? Does the sweet spot mean you get the right restriction so you can't eat much but you still have the all consuming hunger?

Hunger should not go away but it should come less frequently and be more easily sated.

After my first fill, I noticed just a bit of restriction while my pouch adjusted to the fill. After a couple days, I couldn't feel much of anything w.r.t. restriction but I noticed it took less to feel sated. Had my second fill this week and am still adjusting to the new amount. I have some restriction but I expect that to go away once the pouch adjusts to the fill.

Cal

It took me a SUPER long time to get to a point where i wasn't starvign all the time, i'd say between my 3rd and 4th fill. Truth be told, i'm a fat girl, and i want to eat like a fat girl and i am never really hungry, i'm HONGRY. Lol, there's a difference. The hard truth of it was I love to eat, and It took me over a year to realize that just because I love food doesn't mean I have to have it.

I've been craving subway all day but I can't HAVE it. I want a whole cheesecake right now but I KNOW i can't have it. Before I would have at least tried, gotten sick, then gotten PISSED, but now, I have had to learned to be satisfied with less. For me, it was more of a mental thing. Yes, I would LOVE a stuffed crust pizza, but, alas, I can't have it. When you get to a point when looking at certain foods causes you physical pain, you no longer want them, and you learn to be satisfied.

My stomach would growl constantly by the way. If you keep SOMETHING in it, even liquids, you should adjust.

I agree there is a major adjustment period. One thing I am struggling w is that when I get super hungry which I do - then I almost can't help but wolf down a few bites and then of course I suffer the band revenge and I have gone from one misery into another. I have faith that this will get eaier over time!

i have 2.2 cc's in a 4cc band... i feel restricted but i get hungry not too long after!!!! For instance this morning i had 1 scrambles egg i wasd DONE!!!! about a 1/2 hour later my stomach was growling....im going back on the 8th sooo maybe i need more??? im confused... i have my 1st lapband support group to go to tonight... maybe ill get some answers....