Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

I have posted this on several threads but I felt I needed to share:

Oh my! I just made the most awesome Protein Shake.

pumpkin Spice Protein shake:

(sorry, I didn't measure the ingredients)

1 scoop of vanilla Protein Powder

about 2 TBS of Vanilla yogurt

Some canned pumpkin

Splash of milk

Pack of Splenda

Cinnamon

Ice

Blend to perfection!

So creamy and yummy!!

Gosh that sounds so good, Im gonna go out and get some pumpkin stuff... :biggrin:

The turkey I'm cooking smell so freaking good. I'm scared to death some how I'm not gonna tolerate it well. :biggrin: If I've been roasting a turkey for nearly 5 hours now, and can't enjoy it... I'm gonna be angry!

I gotta get moving. Been sitting here, between turkey bastings for an hour and a half. OOPS.

teri

You could always put it in your blender or chopper. I am still in the "mushy stage" and that is what I did with chicken. My surgeon's nurse said that I could eat shaved meats. Just take it easy. The shake will go great with your turkey!

I wanted to share my journey. My weight has stayed the same for over a week. But, I started using GG's chart the day before surgery. To date I have lost 34 pounds, 3 inches from my bust (thank god that is all) 4 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my turkey arms, and 7.5 inches from my tush. I can only figure out that the inches from my tush, so sorry I didn't measure my thighs, come from walking, which I am learning to love. :tt1: Me - the original couch potato loves to walk. :wub: Who would have seen that coming. :biggrin: 2 inches off the tush has come during the weight loss stall. It has to be the walking. :thumbup:

I hope you all took these vital measurements, because even though my weight has stayed the same, SHAZAM! I don't know how it is happening, but something is melting off my body.

I don't mean to brag or anything, I'm not that kind of person, and trust me, there is still plenty of tush to go around, :lol:, but it sure feels good to get into a those smaller sizes I have hidden in the back of the closet.

I have read where a few have also stalled. But - I bet if you check your measurements you have gone down in inches or sizes. Maybe our bodies are in shock, how can they not loose wieght when you eat hardly anything? And since we have begun exercising, you know we are begining to build muscle while we loose some of the fat. Things shift. Too bad you can shift them back into the proper location, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I personally think our bodies are :thumbup: pissed off and having a party without us. They are very upset with the changes we have made, you know how your body gets when it cut it off from food. But if we keep on this path, one of us is coming out the winner. Personally, I plan on it being me, the tush, it's had it's fun in the sun (okay thats a lie, it is white and scarey) but it is time it said ADIOS for good.:tt2:

Anyway, a little tounge in cheek, but :wink2: a little serious too. Thanks for always being there. Debbie

WTG Debbie!! I should have taken measurements. I am going to do that tonight...since I am just 18 days post op.

Debbie, I like the way that you think. I haven't measured myself at all. I do know that things are changing because I was able to wear a pair of jeans yesterday that haven't been on my hide and zipped up in a really long time. Keep up the good work!

Great job! I am loosing about 1 lb a day! I think it has something to do with being so sick after surgery. My port site looks good. It gets a little irritated if I wear a textured shirt. I went and worked out yesterday and I feel good. 3 more weeks of mushies...Yeah!

I'm so glad to here your doing well now!!! I felt so bad for you. :wub: Glad you can keep your band! :biggrin:

WTG Debbie!!!!! I got to start measuring myself!!!

UPDATE- on me

I had surgery 9-25 {little over 3 wks ago} & I've lost 19 lbs!!!!! It's so weird to see the weight just coming off!!! I haven't had this type off loss since I was like 15 yrs old & VERY active!!! I'm lovin it!!!!! I can't wait to GET ME BACK!!!!! :mellow::wub::biggrin:

The weight loss is kinda freaking me out! I don't think I believe the scales. I could always fluctuate by 5 lbs easily pre op, so now I keep thinking "oh, tomorrow I will gain it all back".

I think we all think that way.. or I have actually changed batteries in my scale, thinking that thing is lying. It said the same thing then too.

teri

Hi everyone, I know I am not posting often but still alive and kicking, lost 25 and a half pounds in 7 weeks. Very pleased with trouble free progress.

Hope everyone is doing well and thriving, and shrinking.

Take care

Deb

The weight loss is kinda freaking me out! I don't think I believe the scales. I could always fluctuate by 5 lbs easily pre op, so now I keep thinking "oh, tomorrow I will gain it all back".

Funny how others feel and think the same thought I do. The scale scares me. I haven't had a scale in almost 15 years. I gave up on them. They just increased my unhappiness, watching it go up and up and up.

Like right now, I am so close to another marker, you know, 20, 30 , 40 , 50. On the old scales you have the big 50 pound clunks. I was so excited when I was finally under the 50s.

Right now I am righ at getting into the twenties. I know for a lot of you that is a lot, but for me, I haven't weighed in the 20's for what, 10 - 15 years. The 20 were my stalling point on Weight Watchers too. Today I was down to 31, still not in the 20s but close. That is a really long time ago and a lot of Junk in my trunk. I just need to get these ghosts out of my closet and move on. Funny, the way I have been going I should be into the teens in a few months.

So as I get close to this marker I get more and more scared. Somehow getting under the 20s seems like a big deal. Maybe if I walk more. :wink:

I hate my scale, I may have to take it to the garage. So much pressure.:cool2: And I am at such a weird place. None of my clothes fit, my pants started to fall off, you can't have your pants fall off at work and no I don't have a belt. My Mom tried taking them in, her sewing machine couldn't handle it. And we took up so much they hung weird and still fell off. So I am giving them away. Friday we set and took up my bra's, we cut off too much on the staps, but the girls are up where God intented them, for now. And my undies don't fit. I know quit crying :tongue:, but they hang and bag and bunch. And here is the funny part. I AM A TIGHTWAD ----- I refuse to purchase clothes until I absolutely need to. :sad:

So here is the real problem. I am getting there, I am going to get a few to tide me over, but you know how your old thinner clothes, you wore them until they would not stretch anymore, until they were so tight you coldn't breathe. Well, I know the size I am wearing in those old clothes is not the size I wear and I am afraid I will be totally disappointed when that size doesn't fit. Sizes are so messed up anyway. I know I really wore a much larger size when I started, I was just lucky that my pants stretched a lot. But now I don't know what to buy and they put you in that tiny hot miserable room and you try on clothes that don't fit and you are miserable and disgusted. :tt2: So yes I hate to shop for clothes, it is always a bad experience and now I have to do it again. It stresses me out. I hate it.

Now that you all know that I am totally a wack job :lol: I had better shut up. I was going to erase everything I had just written, but I guess I am just going to leave it. Please understand I am not crazy, I didn't have many clothes to begin with and now after weeding out my closet I have even less. It has been a hard day.

In a feel sorry for myself mood................... Debbie Maybe I need some protien.:mellow:

Hi All!! Sounds like you are doing great. I've lost 19 lbs since surgery (including 7 pre-op) but now I've hit a plateau and haven't lost anything in a week. :thumbup: I'm always hungry too! Waiting for my 1st fill on November 11. I'm hoping that will help the hunger. I also still have problems with port pain. Basically everytime I bend over on the left side where my band is, it feels like I'm getting stabbed by a knife, and then I feel bruised for several days after. My doc says it's because I'm so short (5'1/2") that there isn't much room in my abdomen for the hardware and it may be 6 months before I don't feel the stabbing anymore. It's going to be a long 5 more months. Aside from that I feel great, have lost a pants size and my asthma is better along with joint pain. I'm still very happy with my decision to get the band. Simon

Simon, try more Protein as it more satisfying and leaves you less hungry. Also if you really think your stuck, (I doubt that you really are, because if you are eating only 1 cupful per meal of good healthy food, then you got to lose weight.) you can step up your exercise. I had one week were it seemed I put on half a pound but hey it was only temporary and since then I have lost 3lb a week, and in the last 3 weeks I have done NO exercise as I have had the flu. Hang in there!

Deb