Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dunno hw I got to come home so early...My surgery was at 1pm monday and I got out of recovery and put into a room at 6pm had my nasty horrible feeling barium swallow at 7am started feeling horribly sick so they had to give me more nausea meds in my IV instead of by pills and they knocked me out again so muy mom got to the hospital around 9 am and i was still out of it so i had to finally get up and walk around a little and they let me go home at noonish I was the only surgery on monday :) all by myself lol

They are letting people go early now. I guess he is actually looking at letting people go home the same day. Mom went home at 9am

Just letting you all know that I survived shopping today. I said I wasnt going to go near the mall but someone told me that there wasnt a crowd at all. Boy was I suckered into that one. I stood in line for 20min! got a good deal thoughlol. I was SO proud of myself at Walmart. There was 1 Hanna Montana guitar left on the shelf and I got it just to get home and find out that "Santa" already got Bailey one but it is the real thing. Bummer. Now I gotta go back to Walmart. lol. I think Ill wait until later when all the doorbusters and stuff are done.

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving. Even though I could eat VERY little, it was great!

Hey Elizabeth- My Mom and I went shopping today. We were at the mall by 3:30am and in line! We do it every year and have a blast. I got most of my shopping done today. We went until about 2pm. I saw Kar there, too!

Hope that everyone had a great turkey day!

I hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!!! Im dreading getting on the scales Monday.

I'm still the same weight since surgery..lol hoping the bloat and swelling go down so my weight will too lol

One good thing about beeing too tight right now, I am actually excited to see the scales. I go Thursday. I sure hope I make Dr.Kaplan happy. I dont know exactly how much I have lost since my fill, 2 weeks ago, I know it is at least 10 pounds.

Froggi, they told mom that healing time is not the time to worry about weight loss, they dont expect you to gain or lose really. It will start coming off. It has only be a week. Oh boy, you get to go to full liquids tomorrow. Enjoy that first bite of pudding. It was the best thing I have ever tasted lol.

I'm very upset with myself. I was getting my mom's dinner ready tonight and I took 4 bites of her Soup Beans and mushed them up and 4 bites of pumpkin pie all chewed up to liquids. :thumbup: I start full liquids tomorrow and I'm afraid I might have damaged my band with what I did...it didnt hurt or go down hard...did you guys cheat on post op? I told myself I wouldn't cheat and now I feel like a complete failure...I was told by Jeannie and Kaplan that I was doing so well and they were proud of me and look what I go and do. I'm so upset with myself -cry-

Froggi, I sent you a message. read that.. You will be fine. Dont beat yourself up.

Just for those of you who Care :biggrin:.. I posted updated pictures of me in my profile. I went to Catherines today and bought a pair of pants that I dont have to hold up when I walk lol. I LOVE catherines new sizing. According to them I am a size 5 or 6 LOL. I asked them if they came up with this to make fat girls feel good about themselves lol. I said I would only by a pair of pants but I thought I would amuse myself and try on a smaller shirt and well, it FIT, so I am wearing that shirt in the pictures.

Congratulations Elizabeth!!!! Nothing feels better than going down a size in clothing!!!!!!!!! :cursing: Great Job!

Since we are all "family" I want to let you all know something my family is going through right now. My papaw was put into CCU Wed due to Renal Failure. Grandma passed away last year on their 60th wedding anniversary Sept 30. Papaw said he went and had a long talk with her Monday and told her how much he missed her and that he is tired. He seems to be getting worse. Doctor said today that he will not live longer then a month. His BUN and Creatine are EXTREMELY high. They dont even know how he is alive now. He went into CHF yesterday. His right kidney has stopped working and left one is still passing A LOT of blood and clots. He now has tubes going through his back straight to his kidneys to try to drain them. Since Wed, he has had 6 or 7 units of blood yet his blood levels are still low. I didnt go see him today because he needs his rest. Dad saw him and said that he is very tired, hard to wake, and getting "loopy" these are not good signs. This is how grandma died, everything just shut down on her. I guess he has admitted he is tired and in a lot of pain, papaw doesnt admit to stuff like that. He also said Jesus came and talked to him. So I think it is now just a matter of time. Been spending my time sitting down at CCU for the past couple days. :thumbup:

On a bighter note. I went thursday and Kaplan took 1/2cc out and I can eat again. It is so nice to actually eat solids and meat. I won a 3 month free pass to the fitness center so I went down and walked laps in the pool for 40 mins, my legs were rubber when I got out lol.

Just thought I would let you all in on what is going on. See you all at support group on the 22nd and hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

just a little update. I just got home from the hospital. The doctor told everyone today that it is just a matter of days until he goes :biggrin: My sister and brother-in-law are flying in tonight from Idaho they will get here sometime tomorrow morning. This house is going to be a challenge. Dad already made a comment that we need to get some junkfood in the house for them. Then when he does go, oh my the food that comes, you wouldnt believe how much food came when grandma passed last year.

Papaws right kidney stent was accidently pulled out today and the decided not to put another one back in. They have stopped giving him blood, pretty much stopped everything. He was moved to ACU tonight due to him being a DNR, I guess they dont like to keep DNRs in CCU. Thats ok, more visitors can go back now at a time.. Just thought I would let you all know. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth- I'm sorry that you're going through this. I know how hard it is. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

- I go for another fill today at 12:30. Anyone else going to be there?

Awww Elizabeth, that makes me so sad. I remember going to church and your Gpa always making over me, he always treated me like a little lady. I just told my Gma and she's torn up over it too. Gma told me she met Ray & Maxine when our family moved on "the hill" in the fall of 1961...that's 47 years! HOLY COW! She told me a story of my Gpa Charlie having kidney problems during a big snow storm. Snow was 4 feet deep in some places. Ray and your dad and Champ came down and shoveled a place in our front yard so Gma could get out to get Gpa to the doctor. Ray and my Gpa were both charter members of the Blennerhassett Volunteer Fire Department (for a while before the building was built the fire trucks were parked in our front yard!!). Your Gma and mine were both charter auxiliary members...selling lots of fruitcakes and having bakes sales and yard sales. Your family and mine go way back. I'm so sorry, you're losing a very special man!

Jennifer