Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK so, I was cooking Breakfast for the kids this morning. We have ballgames starting at 4 today so i wanted to make sure they had a good breakfast and will have a good lunch. I fixed sand dollar pancakes, toast, and eggs for them. Since I get to start my "mushies" tomorrow, I thought I'd check to see how much 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of eggs would be. Wow, it's alot of eggs. I was thinking it would be about 2 teaspoons full but its alot more than that. So, when I go to weigh the food, do I do it before or after I puree it? Wouldn't pureeing it make it to where you could get more than before you puree it?

I am pretty sure it's one oz of cooked egg. All my information is the food must be weighted after cooking, including meat and poultry and fish. Same with veggies and starches.

I was told one egg per serving. And to cook the scrambled eggs soft. Not to puree them. I go on mushy stuff next week and got my egg beaters in the fridge all ready to go. Have to get some low fat cheese, I can have that with the egg. I am so looking forward to it LOL

I just finished eating a soft scrambled egg with melted cheese for breakfast. I think I was still thinking pre-band because I scrambled eggs for me and of course I couldn't eat but one. I am stuffed!!

How can I get my mind to start thinking "make less food-it WILL fill me up"?

I'm actually suppose to start Monday, but my family is having this big labor day cookout sunday and there is going to be about 25 to 30 people here eating hamburgers and stuff. I am not about to be sipping on Soup broth while everyone else is chowing down on hamburgers and hotdogs. I decided to start a day early (I doubt it will do anything to hurt me a day early) but I'm not going to be eating hamburgers or hotdogs. Im going to fix me some grilled chicken with lemon and pepper seasoning and puree it with some chicken broth. Not as good as having a hamburger but 1,000 times better than chicken noodle broth (lol).

About the eggs, I am going to have me some in the morning and I was thinking about putting some lowfat cheese and some bacon it with it. Make it like an omlete. I can have pork and bacon comes from pork so I thought it would be a wonderful breakfast. Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me!!!

When I was allowed to start eating real food I decided to only eat one portion at a time. I also told myself that I could have more if I wanted to. The result was that one portion (looked so small) was more than enough. It filled me up and I was happy.

Now I always just serve myself one portion (as described on lable or in nutrition info). I weigh and measure everything still but I am developing an eye for size.

Good luck and no, you do not need to puree eggs.< /p>

eggs are great in the early stages after banding. I ate soo many eggs the first couple of months of banding because they were easy, fast, went down well, tasted good . . . until now :0). I think I have lost my desire for eggs because I had them daily for so long. Never high quantity but everyday I had some form of eggs for lunch.< /p>

Weighing eggs? ?? I was only told to soft scramble them or soft poach a egg. If its scrambled, to use a fork on it to break it up.

First time I ever heard of weighing your eggs.

OK so, I was cooking breakfast for the kids this morning. We have ballgames starting at 4 today so i wanted to make sure they had a good breakfast and will have a good lunch. I fixed sand dollar pancakes, toast, and eggs for them. Since I get to start my "mushies" tomorrow, I thought I'd check to see how much 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of eggs would be. Wow, it's alot of eggs. I was thinking it would be about 2 teaspoons full but its alot more than that. So, when I go to weigh the food, do I do it before or after I puree it? Wouldn't pureeing it make it to where you could get more than before you puree it?

I think they mean liquid ounces not weight. My sheet talke's about egg beaters in ounces and I am pretty sure they mean a measuring cup. I can't wait to get to the mushies next week!

A large egg weighs about 2 oz. I make mine into an omlete with no stuffing every morning.

Sassy..why NOT have a hamburger? No bun and chew chew chew.