Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

sad fact: some people will walk into their polling place and not vote for obama because they believe he is a Muslim with ties to known terrorists.

Some of these people will also state that they see not racist. They use " I have a black friend" mantra as evidence.

Riddle me this: what if black people in thus country never voted for a White person or was scared of White people because somewhere down the line their ancestors owned slaves or belonged to the kkk( my people could tell you first hand about terrorist attacks)

what if native Americans never gave a White person a chance because their ancestors put them on reservations or tried to eliminate them through disease ( they would probably call them terrorists too)

Fortunately, I come from a forgiving and open minded people that will vote their conscious and not stereotype someone based on rumours or ancestry.

So, anyone slimed or Pb'd lately?

That is SO funny:lol:How you changed the name of this tread from "are we ready for a woman VP to should Palin get a lapband? :shades_smile: I was just kicking back watching you guys, not wanting to get involved with this anymore (i had my share earlier in this thread).

Simply hysterical how you swayed back to our real COMMON ground. I am proud of you! I bet with this thread going on, there have been a lot of PBing and sliming going on. Stress and tension creates it. That's why I stayed away! Hope everyone is in agreement about support with the band even if we can't reach agreement on support in the election! LOL! to both sides.

Edited by Barb12590

I've just read the last few posts and I'm shocked! I thought everyone had learned the truth about Obama by now. It's been all over the news and in every paper you can pick up. All the lies that have been published about him being a muslim and having "questionable" ties, etc., were lies put out by the Karl Roves of this country. Read more, learn more, don't accept the Republican right wing propaganda - some of which is referenced above.

If you believe the lies it tells me that you aren't wanting to know the truth - you're wanting to believe the guilt propaganda that the Repblicans use to make you do their will. Well, why wouldn't it work on you, it works in the core of our country, our churches.

Doesn't the fact that they lied, used bald faced lies published in full page ads in important newspapers about John Kerry, convince you of what the extremists in the Republican party are capable of?

John Kerry actually did serve his country and actually did receive medals that he fully deserved for his heroic deeds during the Vietnam war. How you can condone those people doing what they did to a true American hero is beyond me, and that behavior should be considered grounds for imprisonment as far as I'm concerned. Instead you people jump on their bandwagon and lap up their dishonesty and call it being patriotic.

You embrace the Republican party when they pull the ridiculous tactic of appointing an extremist right wing person to the Vice Presidency. If Amerians don't stand up against this kind of evil political manuvering, I will be not only surprised, I will be devastated.

The Republicans have done all they can to capitalize on the fact that Americans were raised on guilt. They use that very tactic against you. They cause you to want to join in their efforts because they've convinced you that abortion is evil and that if you don't agree, surely God will strike you down in this life or the next. In order to get their people elected, they've used this single issue to infiltrate our Churches and have even our priests and ministers to try to convince you they are good and right and that you should vote for them.

Why can't you see that they are greedy, greedy, people who want to control things so that they can continue to make the enormous sums of money that they've made throughout the past 8 years. They are panicked not because they fear Obama or how he was raised, or even that he doesn't think that the government should involve itself in the abortion issue.

They are panicked because if Obama is elected, he will do all he can to stop the huge subsidies to mega-wealthy oil companies and other corporations that they benefit from. He will do all he can to ensure that they pay their fair share of taxes instead of having that tax burden fall on you. YOU! (Unless you make more than $250,000 a year - and then you'd still only be expected to pay your fair share instead of getting the tax breaks the wealthy citizens have enjoyed under Bush)

They use guilt. They question our patriotism. They use fear. And you people think it is about those emotional issues. It isn't. It is about greed. Do you know that Exxon Oil has made more profits in this past year than any company in the history of the world? And you're paying more at the pump. And your Republican President backs the oil companies' plans for more and more drilling with a token effort at researching alternative plans for oil independence.

As for McCain being a maverick. Yeah, choosing Palin looked a little off from the norm, but you know as well as I that she was chosen for him. And the maverick McCain that once was, is no more. He's sold out and sold out big. If you want change (and I perhaps many of you do not), then you shouldn't vote for McCain. He was a big part of the reason things have been done the way they have been done in Congress for many years. To think that at age 72 the man is going to bring about big changes is just unrealistic.

But if you don't do anything else, learn the truth about Obama. Stop believing the scare mongers and the dishonest people who only seek to fool you. They do not have your best interests at heart.

Amen to that , Jack

These Democrats do all this preaching about the Republican party when they need to take a look at the democratic party and all their evils.

BOTH SIDES HAVE THEM!!!!!

But wait us Republicans are so EVIL---Give me a break. LOL

Quit being so blind to your own parties mistakes and focusing only on the others.

I just don't care for Obama or his politics or lack there of.

Just listen to Rush Limbaugh or Shawn Hanady.

Happy Banding

re:

And do you actually believe everthing from the DNC is truth?

Back at ya...do you actually believe everything from the RNC? Let's face they both want to get elected and are going to tell you whatever to do so, that's politics.

Who here really thinks they are changing anyone reading this thread's opinion? The Reps post to get props from their fellow Reps and annoy the Dems and visa versa. We all seem to be members of the choir and just preaching to each other.

ENOUGH with Bush politics...vote change....vote Obama :)

JWRN--I think it's wonderful that your DH served 28 years and amazing he served in Somalia. God Bless him. How's your band coming along? I've been banded since 6/16/08 and have dropped 28lbs. Due to have my 2nd fill 9/19/08 and I can't wait. We are going on a 10-day cruise in Oct. and I definately want more restriction before we go. Take Care, Leah

I just don't care for Obama or his politics or lack there of.

Just listen to Rush Limbaugh or Shawn Hanady.

I know we (myself included) are giving you a lot of slack for your postings. If you don't agree with Obama's politics and prefer the other side then more power to you as that is one of the beauties of being an American. Politically related views should be the basis for picking one candidate over the other and not their birth name, race, countries they've visted, color of their shirt, etc.

Have you ever traveled outside the United States (Europe, Africa, Asia)?

pre- rehab rush or post? I'm just saying.

As an african American woman I am proud to support a party that includes people that look like me. Be it the republican party or the democratic party. The thing is that when I watched the rnc I didnt see myself in the audience. America is a diverse nation yet the rnc looks more like a Klan rally. I am not being mean or stereotypical I am just saying that if the republicans made an effort to reach out to voters like myself then perhaps I would give them a chance.

And by the way insulting or making sarcastic remarks about a person that against odds has achieved the American dream only pissed off people that look like me. They might as well spit on MLKs grace. The republicans don't give a darn about me my experience in america or my vote.

please don't insult me by comparing the experience of you and your ancestors in America with me and mine. Other than that you have my sincere respect.

KyBandChick, Yes I have traveled outside the US. I was actually born in Germany to a military family in 1970. And spent alot of my life traveling. And still do.

But what's you point?:)

TO ALL:

I have been called racist on this site many times just because I am concerned about the link between the names of Obama/Biden and Osama bin Laden. That may be a small part of my fears but not all--it's just a coincidence I'm referring not the actual race. I am friends with ppl of all races and religions. Until you prove otherwise, I view everyone good--or as having good intensions. There is good and bad in every race and religion. But it's funny how ppl automatically jump to say you are a "Racist" just because you are concerned about a coincidence. Like I said previously it's just my opinion. But I'm not name calling. You guys don't even know me.

Weather a person is white, black, orange, purple etc. It's the person that matters not the color. What's on the inside, how the treat others, we all bleed red!!!! God made us all. We are all brothers and sisters.

IMHO, I still don't see Obama as the President of our country, I would have really loved Colin Powell. But I don't think he would ever run.

Any way sorry to ramble but I just have been really hurt by the racist comments. It's been weighing on my mind that I even had to talk to my mother and dh about it.

Take CAre All

leah: I would not call a person that says obama/biden is osama bin laden. I would call that thinking something else. But I don't call names nor do I personally attack people. You should feel free to post how you feel. We are all here for a common purpose. However when you make certain statements that resemble racism people are going to make certain assumptions.

Like I said in an earlier post we have to be careful about counting people out based partly on their name. Think about the name Washington. When you here it you think about the great George Washington- and rightfully so. When I hear it and i hear it a lot because it is a very common name in my community I thing about George washington as one of he largest slave owners. Just in case you ever wondered why there we so many blacks named Washington. Their ancestors belonged to George.

So the name obama doesn't scare me so much. See he can trace his name and ancestry. So to people like me that is fantastic!

I am proud that I can know my history and still be a true American. I embrace my fellow citizens based on who they are and not the names that they were given. If I can do it knowing that my people have just recently been allowed to participate in politics then everyone should.

I think the way you stereotyped obama's name really ticked people off. I hope you will continue to feel safe posting how you feel on lbt. We truly have more on common than this thread.

I just wanted to add that I am not supporting obama because he is half-black. Hey morons come in all races!

I am so proud that so many Americans white black Asian etc. are giving him a chance. This is truly a remarkable country!

The thing is that when I watched the rnc I didnt see myself in the audience. America is a diverse nation yet the rnc looks more like a Klan rally. I am not being mean or stereotypical I am just saying that if the republicans made an effort to reach out to voters like myself then perhaps I would give them a chance.

What station were you watching? Because I saw a lot of people of both genders, varied ages, ethnic and cultural groups (I don't like the word race because I believe we are all one race -- human), sizes, shapes, etc. Remember, what you see in the convention is what the person controlling the camera and editing chooses to show you. That's why I ask -- what network was it?