Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:lol: I'm at my wits end and am in need of some dieting advice. I have to loose 10 lbs in order to get my surgery done and I'm trying so hard with Diet and exercise. I meet with a nutrionist and workout 4-5 days a week at the gym. I'm ready to do Slimfast ...hydroxy cut ...whhtever I'm just soooooooo desperate I can't stand it!! I hate to start liquids because I know I have to do 2weeks of it before and after surgery!! ANY SUGGESTIONS on how to loose this 10?:smile2:

I have a 10 pound weight loss requirement too. I didn't know how I was gonna do it. Then I found out about what my Dr. calls the Stage 2 diet. It will be what I am on after liquids post-op. It is 1/4 cup of plain yogurt and 1/4 cup of cram of wheat for Breakfast, cup of Soup and 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or sugar free pudding for lunch, and the same for dinner. Plus 2 cups of protien shake throught out the day. Sometimes I have have a real dinner (3 oz meat and 1/5 cup of veggies.). I have lost 5 pouns in 3 weeks and my hubby (also getting ready for surgery we hope) has lost his 10. Its not so bad and it is coming off. Hope this helps. :smile2:

I know it stinks to have to loose 10lbs when y ou want something sobad! ON my pre-op diet I lost 13.2lbs in two weeks and probably would have lost more if I didn't cheat and go to red robin and applebees....

I had 3 Protein Shakes a day and a sensible dinner.< /p>

I was given a 1500 calorie diet to follow. It was one protien, two carbs and one fat in the am. For lunch a large amount of none starchy veggies, one Protein, and three carbs and a fat. dinner was the same as lunch. They gave me a list of what was carbs, protein and fats with the amounts. I lost 14lbs in two weeks, and I cheated a few times :smile2:!

I know it stinks to have to loose 10lbs when y ou want something sobad! ON my pre-op diet I lost 13.2lbs in two weeks and probably would have lost more if I didn't cheat and go to red robin and applebees....

I had 3 Protein Shakes a day and a sensible dinner.< /p>

I was going to say the samething but do get in your Proteins gl

Carol

There are a ton of options on losing the weight quickly. Just eating similarly to the way you would after banding should help as well. Eat lean Proteins first in a reasonable portion size, followed by tons of veggies. You can't go wrong with eating a lot of veggies as long as you don't add a lot of high calorie butter, oil, etc.

Make sure you are drinking only no calorie beverages, but even better stick to Water. You should get in a minimum of 64 ounces a day . . . another measure that is suggested is to take your weight, divide it in half and that is the number of ounces of water you should take in. Also, if you are drinking caffeinated beverages, this doesn't count as water and you should add an additional cup of water too offset the effect.

Good luck.

Thanks HeatherO the Water I'm sure is key i've been slacking on that aspect. I will take in more veggies and try to go back to eating small meals frequently and eat my Protein first. I've been trying to wait on drinking till after my meals and then I forget to drink.

Just one more if you have that list still and woudl be willign to share I would love to have it. My personal email address is heather.vasquez@yahoo.com. Thanks:rolleyes2:

Heather, I will dig it up and e-mail you today. School started today for us and my high school is a half day (I'm a bus driver), so it would problaly be late this afternoon. I wont forget you.

I used Alli. I lost it in 2 and a half weeks.

Teri

Heather, I would make sure to also watch what you are eating. I would suggest having a glass of hot Water with cut lemon in it to speed up your metabolisim during each meal. Then just make sure to stay away from foods high in sugar and carb counts. That should get you there before you know it. Remember, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"

I was given a 1500 calorie diet to follow. It was one protien, two carbs and one fat in the am. For lunch a large amount of none starchy veggies, one Protein, and three carbs and a fat. dinner was the same as lunch. They gave me a list of what was carbs, Protein and fats with the amounts. I lost 14lbs in two weeks, and I cheated a few times :smile:!

You're so lucky. My Surgeon has me on only 800 calories...3-4 110 calorie shakes and a 3-400 calorie lean cuisine for dinner...I am struggling...I hope I can do it...I have 6 days to lose 10 pounds:crying:

I lose when I do a day of baked salmon. Might be because Im pre-diabetic and eating the fish all day long whenver Im hungry keeps my insulin from spiking. I always lose a few lbs in lump sums when I can stand to do this.