Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Southern MD??

Any of you folks from Southern MD??? I was banded on January 08 at GW in DC. My doctor is Dr. Brody -- he is wonderful. I'm down 60 pounds and lovin my band. I'm from a little tiny county called Calvert -- anyone heard of it?:tongue:

Yep! I live in Charles County. I'm going through Dr. Averbach at St. Agnes Hospital in Catonsville. I went through him because he is covered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

I haven't had the surgery yet since I needed six months of "dieting" before the insurance would cover it. I finish that next month and hope to have the surgery in October or early November.

It is such a drag that we have to travel so far to do this, isn't it?

BTW--Calvert's not small! It's long!:thumbup:

I'm from Calvert. I haven't been banded yet. Probably in about 4 - 5 weeks. Dr. Cynthia Long is my Dr. Having it done at Holy Cross.

I'm down south, in St. Mary's county and was banded August 29, 2006 by Dr. Singh in Baltimore. Have wondered way off program, need to get back on track!!

Hello there...another Waldorfian here!!! I was banded April 30, 2007 and I'm down 125 pounds and loving every minute of life. Nice to meet everyone. Good luck to you all!!!!

Hi, I too am from Calvert County, North Beach to be exact. Would really enjoy getting together for some local support. Was banded May 23, 2008 by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana. Have lost 59 lbs and am using Dr. Brinkley in Frederick, MD for my fills.

I live in St. Mary's County, I am going for my first appointment feb. 11th to begin my journey, it is so good to hear from people who live close. I am going to see Dr. Elariny from Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, in Fairfax VA. It looks like everyone has had to travel to get there surgery done, but what about your fills? Is there anyone close that you can use for this?:thumbup:

I've had to travel for my fills too (just up to Catonsville, but it is still a pain). It would be great to find a place closer in--like in Charles or St. Mary's County.

I'm here in St. Mary's ... grew up in good old chuck county! I work in DC and get my fills during lunch hour! I see Dr. Moazzez (in Dr. Afram's office in Georgetown). I'm in search of a local support group! Welcome all!

Living in Charles County and am also looking for a local support group. No luck yet Crys? Banded on 3/12/09 by Dr. Moazzez. I need to add a ticker!

Nope ... No luck yet. Anyone know of a local support group?

Hello Crystal,

I live in Upper Marlboro, MD. I am getting Banded June 29, 2009 at Washington Hospital Center by Dr. Frederick Fenili. They have a support group there and they meet at least one weekend out of the month. If you are interested I can provide you with the website and information.

Hi Everyone! I live in Charles County and work in WDC. I am not yet banded, but I am seeing Dr. Brian Long at Sibley Hospital in N.W. I figure I can go for fills and appointment during work hours and cut down on my drive from Waldorf!

:cursing:

:unsure:IM FROM ST MARY'S......MY DR IS BRIAN LONG, SIBLEY HOSPITAL, NW DC. BANDED 2/15/10....IM NOT USING MY TOOL TO ITS FULLEST.....IM NOT FAVING TROUBLE WITH ANY FOODS......MY BAND HOLDS 11ML..IM OVER 9ML NOW AND STILL ABLE TO EAT. IM ACUTALLY DOWN 20LBS POST SURGERY...I KNOW IM AT FAULT MOSTLY, BUT I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULDNT OVER EAT AND MY APPETITE WOULDNT BE AS BIG....NONE OF THAT HAS CHANGED.....I COULD STILL EAT A WHOLE BOX OF CRACKERS IN ONE SITTING IF I WANT TOO......

COULD YOU TELL ME HOW THINGS ARE GOING FOR YOU.

THANKS, ROSE