Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I had my post-op check up yesterday. I'm actually only 3 weeks out from surgery...I've lost 20 lbs (including my 3 days pre-op liquid diet). And I think the biggest improvement...which I reallllly wasn't expecting.. My blood pressure:) Before surgery I was always around 120/90 yesterday I was at 102/66:) amazing!

And finally, had my first fill. AGH! Don't think I'll ever learn to love those lol. And anyone else get a weird bubbly feeling when they inject saline? After the nurse trying to find my port for about 20 min. digging around in scar tissue...she brings the doc in...who finds it...but jabs the needle in. Oh well it's done and I'm excited to be continuing on my lap-band journey lol:lol:

Yeah, I get this sort of tightening in my throat and gurgling sensation from my stomach traveling up to my throat...very slight sensation but weird. The worst part for me is when they take the needle out, it doesn't hurt but that sort of "pop" sensation is almost nauseating to me. But it goes pretty quickly.

I have been fortunate enough to have no problems finding the port. Did they have you lift both legs off the table so that the abdominal muscles push the port forward?

haha no. they wanted my legs out straight and my arms up above my head. But after the doc came in, he got in one try so. And my gurgling was right at my port site...or like in my stomach it was weird. Also said not to do liquids or anything right after. They even made me drink some Water and eat graham crackers right after to make sure I was able to get liquids and solids down. Which I'm glad about, and I just made a tuna sandwich for lunch, ate 3/4 of it(one slice of bread filled with tuna, mayo, pickle)and I am pretty full now. Before this first fill I was able to eat almost 3 full (one slice, etc.) sandwiches. And before the surgery...I could eat about 5 double slice sandwiches and still be hungry, so I'm noticing some restriction and I'm feeling pretty well.

You might want to give it a try at home, lie on your back feel the area where the needle went in then lift both legs a couple inches, you should feel the port very easily. If it works at home you could use it if you ever get the nurse for a fill again.

I have to do two days liquid two days mushies after a fill. I am on day two of liquids after my third fill and haven't been hungry like with the first two.

Glad to hear that the fill has helped with your appetite. Do you know how much saline they put in ?

they've put in an extra 2 cc's bringing me up to 5cc in my 10cc VG band

Congrats on your first fill! I was also banded on July 29th. I had my first follow up appt 2 weeks after surgery and have my first fill scheduled for Sept 4th. Before your first fill, did you notice the amount of food was alot more than you expected? As of right now, I still kinda get confused on when to stop. I know it takes me about an hour to eat but I just stop myself and wait. I don't know what type of feeling I am looking for b/c I don't get the "full" feeling...or the "satisfying full" feeling. You think that's normal? Maybe I will notice the difference after the first fill. I am excited to move forward with my lap band journey. I am currently at 22 pounds lost. I was at 26 lost but then gained a few pounds back after I got back on mushies-solids. It sucks but I refuse to give up...this is just the beginning. Good Luck!!

I ate quite a bit, and I was eating slower but not THAT slow. But I was still eatting quite a bit less than I used to.