Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Morning Weigh Ins! - 22nd August 2008

This week:

GAINED: 0.4kgs (one lb)

Exercise 5 X 30 minute brisk walks (one steep uphill - so sore the next day)

1 X 25 minutes on a stationary bike

BUT I have gone down 1 belt notch! Go figure! LOLOL!

So I'm not concerned about the weight aspect. I would like to keep losing but I suspect that won't happen until after my first fill. I can actually eat quite a lot now before I am full, easily a cupful or more, but am still portion controlling, and not eating until I'm full anymore, just enough to get me to my next meal without me starving. I do get hungry much faster now, so I know I need a fill before the weight will starting moving again.

And has your measurements gone down too Lellow?? Clearly your waist has :tt2: Hopefully once you get your fill you'll start going down again!

LOST: 2.4kilograms (5.28pounds) :wink2: (so total of 6.6kg (14.52pound) lost in 2 weeks:biggrin:)

EXERCISE: .........none........:cursing:

And at next weigh in I'll be banded! :smile:

I ended up not getting a measuring tape as I got caught up on my day off but will be getting one this weekend for sure!

And yay on being banded by this time next week!

well lello im with u this wk

im up 1 lbs.... nothing else to say apart from roll on my fill.

Since I didn't have a prescribed pre-op diet (yet?), I put myself on a self-imposed 2 shake, regular dinner reduction this week. Don't get me wrong...I mean regular dinner...so the weight loss isn't insane, but a good start.

I'm down 5.6 lbs (-0.9 BMI), hubby up 2.0 lbs (+0.3 BMI)

Exercise: 1.25 miles treadmill on "forest" setting (variable speed, variable incline) it was only my second time trying this setting and I ramped up the max incline to a 7% grade. My back and butt had a good-but-sore feeling the next day. Hubby and I go tonight to get a lesson on how to use the weight resistance equipment.

I see my surgeon today for my pre-op visit, so we'll see if he puts me on an actual diet.

Good morning all, I missed last Friday’s weigh in as I was still in the hospital but here is my update: Friday 8/8 335, Thursday 8/14 (Band Day) 331 and today 322. So I am down 13 but 9 since getting banded. YEEE HAAA!!! I have my follow up with the Surgeon this afternoon but all is well and I couldn’t have hoped for a better recovery. I have finished the first of two weeks on liquids and can’t wait for some pureed food (I can’t believe I would ever say anything like that J). Have a great day everyone!

Good Friday everyone,

I am up 2 pounds since last Friday and I have walked 17.5 miles. I have down in inches by the way my clothes are fitting me. I am trying had not to snack between meals but it is very hard since I now feel hungry all the time. This week I can try more solid foods and I hope that keeps me fuller longer then mushy food does. The journey is just beginning.

Last Friday 283.8

Today 279.5 Yaaay! o/ I've left the 280s!!!

It was my second week on the pre op diet and now I've lost a total of 11 lbs. Sometime today I'll get the call from my doctor's office for my exact surgery time for Monday. Can't wait!!!

edel and Claudine, looks like we're all the same boat, but just remember, my sweets, that this is a long game, and this is only the very very start of it.

My appetite too is almost back to normal, and increasing every single day. It means I'm fighting the head hunger again. I miss not being hungry! But I know there is a method to this, and in a year we're all going to be looking back on this and know it was all part of the process.

All you guys on your pre-op diets and just post op who've lost weight- YOU ROCK! Well done everyone!

Up 3 from last Friday...maybe we should be doing this monthly..haha. Hope to have the rest of the IV weight off by this time next week. I'm beginning to see the swelling/bloating go down finally. Excercise is back up to 30 minutes of walking every day, but I'm still moving quite slow, will try to speed it up some this week. Back to work on Monday which should also get me moving a bit more. Glad to see so many doing well!! Good luck to us all this week...keep it up!!

Well done everyone!! We have all started our journeys now whether we are banded yet or not! :wink:

This will be a year or more of ups and downs and when we look back a few years from now and put it all in perspective i am sure we'll be less critical of ourselves and the setbacks we face along the way! We will get there it will just take time!!

:wink2: