Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I need a new surgeon asap!

Hi fellow NJians,

I was just told by my surgeon's office that my insurance would not cover my surgery with my current surgeon :wink2: (even after they said they would with my out-of-network benefits.) I have been following up with my current surgeons for 2 months now. Can anyone reccommend a great surgeron in the north Jersey or manhattan area :confused2:???? I also would like some information on the hospital where they perform. Any reccommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :cursing:!

I went with Dr. Kurian from the NYU group in NYC. It is a crazy busy office, that also services patients for Dr. Ren and Dr. Fielding. Dr. Kurian is wonderful!

I heard Dr. Ballantyne in Hackensack Medical Center is very good.

The same thing happened to me, my insurance is covering 65% of it, but only 65% of the fee schedule which turns out to be only $941. So I am paying out of pocket for the balance, but my Dr is so great, he put me on a monthly payment plan for after.

Good luck!

Thanks guys! I narrowed it down to Dr. Kurian with NYU med. I can't see her for another 2 weeks since she's so booked but I'm hoping I can still have my surgery next month.

I think you will be really happy with Dr. Kurian. She is such a sweetheart! If you have an apppointment in two weeks, it may be at least a 6 week wait for surgery. I don't want you to be disappointed if that is indeed the case.

Congratulations on choosing Dr. Kurian -- I just saw her today and love her. She greeted me with a big hug and kiss and was so incredibly attentive. (I'm 10 days post-op now).

I managed to be scheduled for surgery with her 3 weeks after my consult. Her surgery days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I know you chose your doctor...but wanted to throw out the name Dr Ewing of the schmidt/treveti/ewing group....You can probably schedule the surgery with him in a short time...I did and he is wonderful!!!

they are out of Hackensack University Medical Center