Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I get another Fill?

My weight loss has stalled. I had my last fill 4 weeks ago and I have only lost 3.5 pounds since than and have remained the same for two weeks. I am already up to 7ccs and my max is 10cc...............I am worried because I still have almost 100 pounds to lose.

The restriction is up and down. Certain foods I can only eat a little bit and other (i.e. cheese) I can eat with reckless abandonment.

I am trying to get motivated to exercise and relax with certain foods like cheese and hummus.

I might even go on Optifast for two weeks to jump start my weight loss.

Jennifer, I was told the lap band would aid SLOW weight loss of 1-2 pounds a week, and 3.5 in 2 weeks is right in that groove. PLUS...just because you CAN eat cheese with abandon doesn't mean you should! They warned us we could "eat around the band" by doing liquids, shakes, soft foods, etc.

Did you have a consult with a nutritionist? If you do have restriction with many foods, I'd think that you need to look at what you're eating. I was told that some day I wouldn't have to be as picky but initially to eat lean Proteins, then some veggies and to take great care with my nutrition.

Are you doing that and still hungry?

Jennifer, I was told the lap band would aid SLOW weight loss of 1-2 pounds a week, and 3.5 in 2 weeks is right in that groove. PLUS...just because you CAN eat cheese with abandon doesn't mean you should! They warned us we could "eat around the band" by doing liquids, shakes, soft foods, etc.

Did you have a consult with a nutritionist? If you do have restriction with many foods, I'd think that you need to look at what you're eating. I was told that some day I wouldn't have to be as picky but initially to eat lean Proteins, then some veggies and to take great care with my nutrition.

Are you doing that and still hungry?

For instance, I just had a turkey burger with cheese and was able to eat small bun. I am full and satisified and skipped fries or Soup. I have decided to journal my food intake and see what I am eating for the next week. I might see the nutrionist in the next couple of weeks. The 3.5 pounds was 2 weeks after my last fill............the past two weeks I haven't lost anything.

I think that's very smart! You may need more fill, or maybe just adjust your diet. We were also told to not eat for more than 30 minutes....that while we need to chew chew chew and eat slow slow, we can graze our way through too much food.< /p>

AND no liquids during the meal (you know all that I'm sure!)

Your story sound like mine!

I went for my for my last fill and had only lost 1lb in 2 weeks and my doctor tried to talk me out of the fill. He said I should leave well enough alone until I gain weight. I said "But I only lost 1/2lb a week" and he said it did not matter as long as I was losing and not gaining.

I did talk him into a little more .25cc but I haven't lost anything since and don't go back until the middle of September. I guess I will listen to him as long as I'm losing slow.

I know how you feel!

It is a good idea to journal your food. If you are able to eat and be satisfied with small quantities of healthy food, you probably don't need a fill. If you are not losing weight it could be due to not eating enough so a fill wouldn't help you. If you are eating things that are high in calorie and fat, a fill won't help still. Analyze what you are eating and see if you are eating smart. Fills are meant to help food intake and keep you satisfied and if you have that - the fill isn't the answer. Also note that there are going to be times - and unfortunately i have many - the body does not lose. Even with eating right, small portions, exercise. I can go weeks or months without losing and then it starts again. I eat 1,200 or less calories a day and go to the gym 4 days a week but my scale doesn't budge. I just try doing the right things and hope for results. Don't expect to see changes every week - its the long term end result. This isn't a race so don't get disappointed. If you are doing the right things, you will see results. You didn't say when you were banded but as time goes on - the weight is slower coming off so don't panic. I would call the nutritionist though to ask about how to break a plateau that is right for you. If you follow all the rules and still aren't losing - get the fill. Good luck:smile2:

I am going to see the nutrionist in two weeks and avoid another fill until October. I have to learn how to change my behavior around food. I just started seeing a bariatric psychologist and she is good. I have my third session this Saturday. She suggested I start exercising..........I will go tonight to the gym. I just hope I can start losing 1-2 pounds a week and get out of this plateau.......journaling and exercise will help!!!!

Wow you sound like a "take charge" woman. I'm impressed!

I know the weight will come off....but I know how frustrated you are.

:smile2: