Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I went for my first consultation last week (8/13) and I'm getting very anxious. I went with the vision of a Tummy Tuck and an inner thigh lift. After the surgeon took a look at me (how humiliating), he suggested a lower body lift. He said that I wouldn't be happy with the tummy tuck but he felt I would be much happier with the lift. I was wondering if any of you have gone through the procedure of the lower body lift and if so, what can I expect and how much did it costs? I would like to compare the prices to see if I received a good quote. Thanks guys!!!

I am having a lbl next month but can't help you with the price since mine is being partially covered by insurance. If you like send me a private message for the details.

K

When I went to see some doctors at the time that I was ready for my plastic surgery 2 of them recommended a lbl but that scared me so I went to a third surgeon which recommended an extended Tummy Tuck and I am happy with the results, the recovery time is much less than with a lbl and I have a 2 year old I could'nt be out of commission for a long time. Good luck

The best way to tell if you will like/need a LBL is to stand side on to the mirror and get a handful of skin from the back/side of your body and hoick it up! If you cant see much difference to your back, ass and thighs then you probably would be happy with a FTT, if it lifts everything up and you think it looks peachy then go for the LBL!

I cant comment on prices or recovery as I had a FTT but if you go onto www.makemeheal.com you will see quite a few people posting in the forums who have had, or are going through LBL at the moment.

I find that many patients do not appreciate the fact that they have a circumferential excess of skin. Doing a limited procedure like TT does not give the best results.

Most patients who have lost over 90lbs, are over 35, and have had children are going to need a circumferential procedure.

Best wishes,

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic Surgery

Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com

www.BodyLiftHouston.com

Thanks everyone. I am scared of the procedure but I think to myself that I didn't come this far to not be completely satisfied. I'm not going after perfection, but I do want to be comfortable in my own skin. I think that I'm going to go for it. It's a lot of money but I think it will be well worth it. I'm going to wait until probably next February or March. I want to get to my goal and stay there for a bit (plus I will need my income tax return). Again, thanks everyone!!!

Thanks everyone. I am scared of the procedure but I think to myself that I didn't come this far to not be completely satisfied. I'm not going after perfection, but I do want to be comfortable in my own skin. I think that I'm going to go for it. It's a lot of money but I think it will be well worth it. I'm going to wait until probably next February or March. I want to get to my goal and stay there for a bit (plus I will need my income tax return). Again, thanks everyone!!!

I had a LBL in June and I'm very, very happy with the results. It is a big procedure (I had a medial thigh lift at the same time), but so worth it. I'm by no means perfect now, but the improvement is remarkable and I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel about my body now. The memory of the pain is fading fast and I'd do it again in a heart beat. Best of luck to you Tina.