Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been done to death

oh that makes me giggle & then snort - :)

i got "schooled" early on by LJM about what it took to be successful.....then i followed several of you who have replied (love the aussie approach). this has NOT ever been easy, but i work it daily. i post on the food & exercise threads daily - i've been dedicated since the beginning & if someone wants to be ugly ... well; i am in Dallas,TX - love to do lunch or a workout:eek:

You losing weight bitches and your "exercise" rantings!!! Why am I even considering LB when it isn't magical? I have to do WORK for weight loss? Damn! haha

PS - the Lane Bryant vouchers comment was funny and also annoying rolled into one as I still very much have to shop there/those sizes, dangit. <fricka fracken skinny bitches.....>

Edited by SickNTired

I'm training for a 5K

Which means you are building muscle, I'm guessing. See if you are losing inches. If you are, then you are doing good things and losing weight the "right" way.

Why am I even considering LB when it isn't magical? I have to do WORK for weight loss? Damn

Wait. I have to WORK for it? No one told me that. :)

Course, we're all crazy and obsessed and have forgotten what it was like to be fat.

Funny you should mention this Jachut. In the past couple of weeks I have started feeling like a hypocrite of sorts. While I understand still what it is like to be fat, and will probably consider myself always a "fathlete", I do get annoyed with people around me that talk the talk about wanting to lose weight, but aren't willing to make any changes of any kind.

But then, I come on here and find people that have had the same surgery as I have, and complain about not losing any weight and the band is not doing it's job. They put themselves through the pain and anxiety of a surgery and are unwilling to see that it has to be a lifestyle. It is not a cure all.

I wonder which is worse. On one hand, you have people that realize they needed to do something to regain their health. But are unwilling to make the changes in their life to do so. On the other, you have people that talk about needing to make changes, but aren't willing to do anything about it.

Honestly, I think these same people would take an axe, a bulldozer and a hammer into the middle of a forest and tell those tools to clear the land and build them a home. Same principle. They want the outcome w/o the work.

And, luluc, I would love to have a beer with a real football fan from Dallas, TX. Like I said, if I get down there this year, I'll let you know.

Funny you should mention this Jachut. In the past couple of weeks I have started feeling like a hypocrite of sorts. While I understand still what it is like to be fat, and will probably consider myself always a "fathlete", I do get annoyed with people around me that talk the talk about wanting to lose weight, but aren't willing to make any changes of any kind.

Ugh, yes. I have a friend who whines on a daily basis about how fat she is, how she wants to lose weight, that she can't believe she gained back what she lost plus some, etc etc etc. Yet, she won't do anything to try to lose weight. She even found out she has hypothyroid and doesn't take the medicine. How do you help someone like that?

My husband is also the same way, except he doesn't need to lose weight, he needs to get healthy. He is average weight, but has high cholesterol, some type of undetermined blood sugar problem, supposedly ADHD (I say supposedly because he hasn't always been this way), memory problems, and more. He needs to be on a low fat, low cholesterol, low sugar diet and he just whines about it everytime the subject comes up. He tells me that he just doesn't have my willpower, he isn't as strong as me, blah blah blah. I have no tolerance for it. Nobody realizes how hard this has been for me and they all seem to think this lifestyle change has come so easily to me. I'm not stronger, more brave, I don't have more willpower...I'm just f'ing determined to stop letting my life be ruled by food. My husband was whining about not being able to find anything good to eat because of his restrictions and I finally said, IT IS JUST FOOD. Why is FOOD so important? I can't believe it was ever so important to me.

She even found out she has hypothyroid and doesn't take the medicine.

People that don't take their medicine drive me crazy! I don't see how she can function when she isn't on meds. I've been on Synthroid (hypo) since 1992. I went w/o meds for one week years ago. I was dragging so badly that I could barely function; it was awful.

Additionally, my dingbat uncle has very high BP. He would take his meds for a while, get to feeling better, and then stop. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? His BP was so high that it's amazing he didn't have a stroke. Ig-nernt.

Jaime - pls pop your friend in the back of the head for me. Think how low her metabolism is w/o meds, sigh.

He tells me that he just doesn't have my willpower, he isn't as strong as me, blah blah blah. I have no tolerance for it. Nobody realizes how hard this has been for me and they all seem to think this lifestyle change has come so easily to me. I'm not stronger, more brave, I don't have more willpower...I'm just f'ing determined to stop letting my life be ruled by food.< /div>

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAM!

Doesnt this drive you absofreakinglutely NUTS? I have taken to walking away from the computer and slamming my head against the brick wall when I read this. It is said to me at least once a day on this forum. It is the ONE thing guaranteed to have me up for a fight. I really really really hate it. If someone wants to ruin their own weightloss chances and wallow in their own disgusting misery that's their business but do NOT belittle how much effort I made and continue to make on a daily basis.

Its not as if I dont fall off the wagon too. Hell, I ate nothing but vanilla slices and booze all darn weekend (my birthday, lol). I've put on 4 pounds in 2 days. But when that happens, I get back on the bike and get with the program again. I even enjoyed it, everyone needs to let loose in a while.

I am not some freaking superhuman wonder upon whom god bestowed this magical effortless weightloss. I worked for it and I still do. I'm not a reformed fatty as I was accused of being yesterday, I am not devoid of sympathy for those who are struggling.

But what are you going to do? Do it or not? There's only two choices no matter how many excuses you put in the way, isnt there? You either want it or you dont.

I just dont see why those that have managed to come out on top, even if its a precarious seat, have to bear the brunt of negativity, jealousy and enmity from those who are still finding their way. If they have so much energy to spare, they ought to be devoting it to their own journey.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Its not as if I dont fall off the wagon too. Hell, I ate nothing but vanilla slices and booze all darn weekend (my birthday, lol). I've put on 4 pounds in 2 days. But when that happens, I get back on the bike and get with the program again. I even enjoyed it, everyone needs to let loose in a while.

Amen! Happy Belated Birthday too! My DD's was this weekend. I baked her a cake - bought two tubs of icing. Only used one. What did I do? Let my PMS hormones get the better of me. Me, Peanut Butter, chocolate Icing and a Spoon. Oh, I was so bad and it tasted like heaven!

What did I do after my little pity party? I threw the rest of the icing away (I made it through about four BIG Bites) and said to myself, "that was the most sinful thing I've had in five months." I'm getting up at 5:30 tomorrow and running. Back on track! If I gain this week - I promise I won't be on here asking why. I know where to point the finger.

There's a point we all reach where we have our bad moments. We are all human. It is up to you whether you are going to control that moment or let it control you. Those that give up and continue to eat that way, just because they can really piss me off. Then they say the band doesn't work. Mine didn't work for me today, because I chose for it not to. Wake up people (liars/quitters)...get accountable...you can start every day new.

Edited by Leslie2Lose
okay - my quote won't work...ya'll get the point though.

That's the thing. We all have our moments. It's just that the people who are successful take responsibility for them, accept them for what they are, and move on.

Wake up people (liars/quitters)...get accountable...you can start every day new.

this needs to be repeated ... again and again and again ... (bolding mine)

Wake up people (liars/quitters)...get accountable...you can start every day new.

Yeah. I am accountable for the box of donut holes I ate a few days ago. After I realized what I did...I walked 4 miles. Then the next day 3.

I think that what a lot of the people who a struggling actually need alongside their band is some structured councelling (did I spell that right?) it isnt a question of will power or wanting it more, but I think it does have an awful lot to do with where your head is at.

I have a friend who is a type 2 diabetic (she does have to take insulin shots every day), and it is probably weight related, but all she really eats is fries,chips and cheese. The thing is her head isnt in the right place for her to make the decision to change the way that she looks at food, even if she got a band it wouldnt solve the issues that she has. I have to say though she never ever whinges about weight and has been fully supportive of my journey.

I guess what I am trying to say is that for some people having a band is like trying to move house/area when you feel miserable, you just take those problems with you. The band wont cure the issues that got them fat in the first place, they are far deeper than that.

But I agree wholeheartedly with you all when you say that it isnt right for them to diss the acheivements that the goalweight people have made, because to a large degree everyone at goal has had to fight their food demons and defeat them.

Did any of that make sense?

Nina x

In the past couple of weeks I have started feeling like a hypocrite of sorts.

No man....You're just one of the Enlightened ones. Some people just don't get it