Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been done to death

Well Plain, in my case, you nailed it---antiquated says it all!!! Now at our place in TX we do use the round bales, and when we farmed it, we baled them as well. But here in NM, we have space issues. And like I say everything is old!!! It does however work! The barn is not space adaptive to the change, and the baler works wonderfully!!! To replace the equipment to modernize would cost us minimally 50K----and that just is not gonna happen!!!! We have 3 fields all broke into different areas of the property, and rentals spread amongst it as well, with them using pasture land.

My tractors are all old as well!!! My Old John Deere just won a ribbon at the county fair, for the condition she is in though!! One of the old Poppin' Johnnies---love the tractor to plow in---hate it for anything else----it pops wheelies seriously---it has a hand clutch so I am always grasping at air, and comin' up with nothing!!!

Someday, I hope to build a home in the middle of the side field, and quit haying, and just grow old myself!!!!!

Kat

Awww, I was just pulling your leg a little. There is a big demand for square bales. Bow hunters and archers in general LOVE having them around. And...I think every teenage boy needs to spend one hot ass summer day loading square bales (tends to make a college education look better...at least it did for me).

Makes this old woman wish for teenage boys to load hay!!!!

Actually we did hire my great nephews once for bucking bales, and they whined about everything, and soon had to leave to take care of something else!!! And this time of year, we have monsoon season hitting, so you really take a chance anytime you cut the hay of it getting rained on, so you cut.....hope like hell it stays dry for a couple of days, then bale and buck all at once so it does not sit in the field and get rained on. Not to mention you have to get the Water going back on the field for the next cut!!

I know when I was growing up, every guy I knew bucked bales----not anymore!!! And to top it off, they showed up in muscle shirts, and shorts, with their good tenny shoes (or whatever they call them......)

One of those things, it is proving easier to do it ourselves!!! Slowly but surely we are eliminating the fields, renting them out! Easier money! LOL Of course I will get no exercise other than walking around collecting rent.....I love the way it sounds already!!!

Kat

Hey, was it EVERYBODY's birthday this weekend? Mine was Friday. We went to hot hot eastern Washington, met some friends, saw a Tom Petty/Steve Winwood concert, rode jetskis in the Columbia, jumped off the boat in the middle of the river, and ate and drank WAY too much all weekend. Generally acted like we were in our twenties instead of fifties. Back to the grindstone today--did 16 miles on my bike. I way also someone who hated exercise, but I started slow and have been working my way up to another mile every few weeks. Now I miss it like crazy when i can't ride for a day or two. So does that mean it was easy? Heck, no, I had 50 years of hating exercise before I finally accepted the fact that I wasn't going to feel good and lose weight without it.

That's OK I trust you. Sometimes we read something and it hits us where the writer doesn't expect, which probably happened with you too! Take care Nancy

Exactly. Like I said, when you are reading instead of listening, it is easy to insert your own emotions into it. And that may not be what the writer intended.

Interesting thread. I'm in the camp of "suck it up, life is hard, get over yourself and just do it." At the same time, I'm mad at myself because I'm not motivated.

I am certainly not blaming the band, though I DO think I deluded myself in the beginning. I think I did believe it was magic and now I'm getting to the hard part of the journey and I'm nervous I won't be able to handle it.

I agree that exercise is a MUST. For me, it's definitely that way. I was walking a lot in the beginning, but phased out for a while...It really made a difference and I'm struggling to get back to it.

:thumbup: Not much of a point...sorry, reading this thread got me thinking about the beginning of this journey and now.

Interesting thread. I'm in the camp of "suck it up, life is hard, get over yourself and just do it." At the same time, I'm mad at myself because I'm not motivated.

I am certainly not blaming the band, though I DO think I deluded myself in the beginning. I think I did believe it was magic and now I'm getting to the hard part of the journey and I'm nervous I won't be able to handle it.

I agree that exercise is a MUST. For me, it's definitely that way. I was walking a lot in the beginning, but phased out for a while...It really made a difference and I'm struggling to get back to it.

:eek: Not much of a point...sorry, reading this thread got me thinking about the beginning of this journey and now.

No apologies needed. Like I said in the OP, this was a rant that I had to either get off my chest or have a stroke keeping it in. :)

You know what needs to be done. You've figured out exercise is important. Next step is simply make the effort. Go for a walk a few times a week. Make it a little longer each time. Eventually, if you skip a workout, you will physically miss it and then you know you have turned the corner.

Believe me, there are about 4 mornings a week when the alarm goes off at 0430 that I want to shut it off and go back to sleep. Fortunately, my body decides to swing the legs out of bed before my mind can act on it. Most mornings, I'm glad I did.

4:30! Wow...See, that's where I need to put my alarm on the other side of the room in order to get up. May I ask: what time do you go to bed? DH can run on very little sleep, while I need a ton.

I try to get to bed by 9:30 at the latest. Doesn't always happen, and sometimes I'll toss and turn, but once I get up, I'm good to go. That and Crystal Lite has a great energy drink that I put two packets in to a liter bottle and drink that while doing cardio. The caffeine and the exercise wake me REAL good.:)

LOL...I think I've seen that. I'm really tight in the mornings, so may have to use that as an energy boost later in the day. I'd rather exercise in the am, but I have to leave the house so fricking early, I save it for the afternoon...and then run into those excuses. But no more! :)

Thanks for the rant...sometimes venting is good.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay Ceradad - I do the crystal lite,but I haven't seen the energy one. I'm a petty savy shopper. Did I miss it? What flavor does it come in? I usually do just Water at the gym. I used to do diet dr. pepper in the mornings, but since giving that one up I haven't found a replacement. I'll do coffee about 8:30 at work - but I'm getting up at 5:30 and honestly don't own a coffee maker. Now that I've babbled on...

Sorry, I didn't mean to hyjack, but you have my curiosity up :-)

Leslie, no apologies needed for hijacking needed. :)

As for the Crystal Light, I've only found it in Wild strawberry and it doesn't have a very overpowering taste to it. Just about right. I've found it in Cub Foods or Walmart.

Here is what the box looks like

4300001729.jpg

You can find it online as well. Just google it and you'll get numerous hits.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks! I'll look for it next time at Wal-mart, which will probably be in a few days. It seems my car is on autopilot for that darned place.

If they don't have the Crystal Light stuff, there is a generic brand that Walmart carries the is an energy drink as well. Usually in with Walmarts brand of single use packets. Taste is good, just not as good. But, very effective as well. Price is about the same as Crystal Light.

I'd try that..I've seen it at Walmart. But I am not allowed caffiene anymore. :|