Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been done to death

If you have time to post, you have time to work out, IF that is what you choose to do.

So you have small kids at home, put them in a wagon or stroller and go walk. PLAYING is exercise!!! Go to the park with them and play.

I cannot run due to a medical condition, but I find other ways to work out. Most of mine is just that....WORK! I buck bales, and pound fence posts, brand cows and any number of other things that a small farm requires!!! It all works out the body. One does not have to travel to a gym to work out.

And if you have time to post and moan about it, then you have time, plain and simple......regardless which side of that Mason Dixon you are on!!!

Kat

Exactly Kat.

People post their own private pity parties and turn savage when they dont like your practical advice. I'm busy too - 3 kids, a job, full time study, a house, a husband that's gone at 7 am and not home till 8 pm and I find the time to exercise. But that's somehow different becuase I'm *lucky*. I *like* to exercise.

Huh? Even if I could swallow that, it drives me crazy when people insist on thinking that I'm telling them its running or nothing. I run becuase I like running, everyone else doesnt have to! Just exercise!

Then they turn round and say that that kind of blunt, practical advice isnt helpful. How is mollycoddling someone helpful? Perhaps the fact that people cant take sensible advice must *might* be part of their problem?

Edited by Jachut

:angry: Ho hum.

I think some personality types just enjoy being sad and sorry.

Some people love being the person who says "I'd love to exercise and eat right, but my car broke down, and my cat died, and when I was six I got chicken pox. Exercise is impossible because of it, and it also means I can only eat cheetos and drink coke" :angry:

I am just tired of being given shit for being the person who loves to say "I kicked my obesity in the ass, and have regained my health and fitness! It takes work, but I did it"

But meh. Human nature just sucks I am afraid.

I'll see your snort and raise you a bemused chuckle...

Even tho my post was the "funny", I'll see YOUR bemused chuckle and raise you a hearty guffaw...

I guess Plain is going send me back to the line too - I don't do Tea Either...yuck! Or fried chicken, or anything with the word "Greens"

Leslie, Leslie, Leslie......*sadly shakes head*

I guess Plain is going send me back to the line too - I don't do Tea Either...yuck! Or fried chicken, or anything with the word "Greens" in it. I must have Italian somewhere in my adopted veins. I can eat the mess out of pasta! (EVIL stuff it is!!!)

How did I miss this originally? I don't do "greens" either and ditto on pasta! I do like fried chicken though, unfortunately. I do NOT however do gravy - blech!

Guest Leslie2Lose

How did I miss this originally? I don't do "greens" either and ditto on pasta! I do like fried chicken though, unfortunately. I do NOT however do gravy - blech!

Well - I do like Zaxbys and it is fried - so I lied, but I can't eat it now so that's a good thing! But KFC and my grandma's (sorry grandma - looking towards the heavens) fried chicken - I just can't stand the greasy skin. Pull it off the bone and chuck the skin. I'm good to go!

As for gravy - I can't do it either. I guess (back to grandma), seeing it in a congealed state is nasty. Lard (and she made it with good old fashion, clogging your arteries Lard) isn't pretty cold. It makes me nautious just thinking of it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Leslie, Leslie, Leslie......*sadly shakes head*

I know Plain, it's sad. My folks gave up on me years ago.

Color me "guilty" -- I do often whine about not losing faster, and the truth is, I have no one to blame but myself. My results HAVE been phenomenal by a lot of standards, but could have been WAY better by now.

I know all too well that I have NOT exercised nearly enough and have TOO OFTEN put the wrong things in my mouth, even if the quantity was significantly less.

I'm sufficiently contrite. In fact, I'd decided to blow off the gym today, but I'm gonna log off and get dressed and go.

Thanks for the kick-in-the-pants. I needed it.

Well - I do like Zaxbys and it is fried - so I lied, but I can't eat it now so that's a good thing! But KFC and my grandma's (sorry grandma - looking towards the heavens) fried chicken - I just can't stand the greasy skin. Pull it off the bone and chuck the skin. I'm good to go!

As for gravy - I can't do it either. I guess (back to grandma), seeing it in a congealed state is nasty. Lard (and she made it with good old fashion, clogging your arteries Lard) isn't pretty cold. It makes me nautious just thinking of it.

I love me some Zaxby's as well! And eww, you used the word congealed. Gross!!!